2023-2024 This Week at WCA
Please note these are not all-inclusive calendars. Always check the Google Calendar for additional events, updates and detailed information.
Westminster Christmas Concert
Start your Christmas celebration with us!
Make your plans to join us next week on Thursday, December 7th, as our students - elementary, middle school and the high school chorus - present the 2023 Christmas Concert. This night is such a special event as we come together to celebrate the birth of Jesus and kick off the Christmas season. The program will begin at 6:30 pm at Watkinsville First Baptist Church with doors opening at 6 pm.
If you have a child performing in the Christmas program, please see your email from Mrs. Wills for details regarding arrival time and attire. Questions? Please contact Mary Claire Wills, WCA Music Teacher - firstname.lastname@example.org.
School Store Closed Tomorrow - Open Friday Morning!
The school store will be closed tomorrow morning, Thursday, November 30th. Instead, come shop at the store this week on Friday morning, December 1st from 7:30–8:15 am. Please contact Alexis Drury at email@example.com if you have any questions regarding the school store!
Christmas Shopping Day
Give them WCA fan gear under the tree!
Join us for a day of Christmas Shopping at the school store for all of your Westminster gifting needs for the whole family next Thursday, December 7th! There will be plenty of new apparel for the chillier winter months, including Johnny O items for men and women, long sleeve tees and zip-up hoodies for both kids and adults, and so many more brand-new pieces. You'll have to stop by, shop and see!
The school store will be set up in the Upper School Gym from 7:30 am–3:00 pm on Thursday, December 7th. We look forward to seeing you there for Christmas shopping!
Lost and Found
Put on a layer, take off a layer. . . And so it goes every day on campus this time of year! So, the lost and found bins are full again already and items are on display in the gym. Please be sure that someone from your household looks for items that may belong to you. They will be available until the end of the school day on Friday, December 1st. At that point, unclaimed items will be donated to a local charity. Thank you!
Semester One Final Exam Week
Unbelievably, it's time to think about US final exams because they are coming up quickly! The first semester US final exams are scheduled for December 13th - 15th. For planning purposes, please know that upper school students, grades 6 - 12, will be dismissed early all three days. The purpose of early dismissal is to provide an opportunity for students to meet with teachers should they have questions or would like additional help prior to the exam. The following are things you need to know about final exam week.
- Wednesday, December 13th - English 8:05-9:35am, Science 9:45 – 11:15am
- Thursday, December 14th - History 8:05-9:35am, Math 9:45 – 11:15am
- Friday, December 15th - Foreign Language 8:05-9:35am (see note below about 6th and 7th grade students)
Students will be completing projects or taking tests during the middle school times posted. Students will be on campus Wednesday and Thursday 8:05 – 11:15. Only 8th grade students in Spanish 1 or Latin 1 will come in to take the final on Friday 8:05-9:35.
Please follow the links below for the final exam schedules. Please note the times and locations of the exams. C classrooms are in the gym, F classrooms are in the field house, M classrooms are in the modular buildings.
Upper School Final Exams - Things to Know:
- Dress for the three days of exams will follow Casual Friday guidelines. Please remember that casual dress during exams is a privilege. We want to continue to follow our dress code standards well until that time.
- All students will be finished with exams at 11:15am on Wednesday and Thursday and 9:35 on Friday. Learning Support students' schedules are different. Please contact Keyla Carson (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
- Students must be picked up when exams are over unless they have practice right after school.
- 6th and 7th grade students do not have exams on Friday, so those students should stay home that day.
- All final grades will be in FACTS by December 19th.
Please reach out to Kelly Cole if you have any questions.
School Picture Selection Final Call
Our school picture provider, WaterMark Photography, is preparing to close out their fall season. Before they do, they'd like to ensure that everyone has a chance to view their portraits, make their yearbook selections and place orders. Please follow this link to find your portraits and if you have any questions, you may email Watermark directly - email@example.com.
AfterSchool Program Registration
We are happy to be able to offer our after school extended day program to our parents who need additional childcare. AfterSchool (available to all lower school) begins at 2:45 with pick-up at 5:15 pm.
After School Reminders:
- Please remember that pre-registration (see process below) is needed for the after school program.
- There are a limited number of spaces available for each day. If you haven't pre-registered, and we reach our maximum number of students, your child will be unable to stay.
- Additionally, please remember that a student in extended care may only be signed out by someone who is of driving age or older.
- **Emergency contact form must be completed and returned before a child can stay for AfterSchool. Please follow this link for the form.**
- Charges of $15 per day per session will be billed to your FACTS account on a monthly basis on the 15th of the month for the previous month.
- Please know that effective immediately, there will be a $10 fee for all late pickups.
- Pick-up time is by 5:15 pm. Thank you for your understanding and assistance.
How do I sign up?
- Click the link: After School Registration
- Click the date your child will need to attend. If your child will attend every day of the month, or the same days each week, you may select "repeats" and choose daily or weekly. If After School reaches max capacity, you will see a red message that says "FULL" on the day.
- Click on the "Calendar" box and select “ASP SIGN UP”
- Type student name(s) into the "Who" box
- Type AS for After School.
If you have questions regarding After School, please contact Brande Grantham - firstname.lastname@example.org or Tiffany Rasmussen.