2020-2021 This Week at WCA
Middle School Regional Academic Day
Congratulations to the middle school students who participated in the regional Academic Day competition last Friday and represented our school so well.
The math bowl team came in first place in region! The team is made up of the following members: Abel Carter, Camille Guthrie, Sam Moore, and Will Peacock.
The middle school History bowl team of Asher Arnold, Landon Beaver, Samuel Chapman, William Hall, and Josh Pfluke came in second in the region team competition.
The following students placed in individual events:
- Sam Moore first place Math Competition
- Camille Guthrie second place Math Competition
- William Hall first place Geography Bee
- Asher Arnold second place Geography Bee
- Samuel Chapman fourth place Geography Bee
Up next is the State Competition on Monday, October 25th. Way to go Academic Lions!
Annual Fund 2021-2022
Our 2021-2022 Annual Fund Campaign is well underway and we thank you to those WCA families who have already donated. The Annual Fund provides for the completion of needed improvements to our programs and facilities that enhance the Westminster experience for our students. This year’s Annual Fund will allow us to:
- Construct a new outdoor basketball court for recess and PE classes.
- Purchase and install new lighting for the soccer field and purchase.
- Install new lighting and projection systems for the stage to enhance our chapel and fine arts programs.
You can view this year’s Annual Fund information by following this link.
We are eager to complete these projects and need the support of our entire community to make this a reality. You can give online by visiting our online giving portal. Your tax-deductible gift of any amount will impact our campaign allow us to reach our goal of $250,000. Our desire is that every family would participate as they are able.
Georgia GOAL Program
Whether you are new to our school or a veteran family, you can take part in one of the most popular tax credit opportunities in our state.
Through our partner Student Scholarship Organization - Georgia GOAL - you are able to contribute funds that will be used to provide financial aid for deserving students to attend our school, and you will receive a 100% Georgia income tax credit in exchange for your contribution! In other words, the state of Georgia is allowing you to ‘spend’ some of the state income taxes you must pay anyway in order to provide tuition assistance for excellent students seeking a Westminster education.
Please take a moment to apply for your 2022 GOAL tax credit by completing the 20-second online application process by visiting the GA Goalwebsite. If you have questions about this incredible program, feel free to contact Jared Clark - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Boonli.com Now Open for November Lunch Orders
You can place your orders beginning today on Boonli.com for the month of November. The deadline for ordering will be next Thursday, October 28th at 9 am.
If you have an existing Boonli.com account, your log-in will remain the same. Please note, existing account holders have to update profiles for each student before you can see the menus.
If you are new to the WCA community, or if this is your first time placing an order, please follow these steps:
- Go to Boonli.com
- Click the link to "Register" at the top of the page
- Enter the password for our school - WCA319
- Follow prompts to complete your registration including profiles for each of your students.
- Order lunches for each student. (lunches are ordered by the month in advance)
- Be sure to go to check out and pay after you've made your selections. Your order is not placed until it's paid for!
If you have any questions about this process, please contact Tami Butts - email@example.com.
Preparing for Parent Teacher Conferences
We've completed nine weeks of the school year already and that means it's almost time for Fall Parent Teacher Conferences. These conferences will be scheduled beginning on Tuesday, October 26th after an all school early dismissal. Here's what you need to know:
Early Dismissal Day:
- In order to facilitate parent teacher conferences, all students will be dismissed early on Tuesday, October 26th. (Also PSAT testing day for grades 8 - 11)
Lower School - Dismissed at 11:30 am
Upper School (MS & HS) - Dismissed at Noon
- Please note that LunchBunch and AfterSchool has reached capacity registration and we are no longer able to accept registrations for this early dismissal day.
- Fall Parent/Teacher Conferences are required, so at least one parent of all lower school students needs to attend.
- If your child has more than one teacher, please sign-up with his/her homeroom teacher for this meeting.
- Conferences will be held on Tuesday, October 26th and Wednesday, October 27th, in order to accommodate all parents.
- Follow this link to sign up for your conference time. Please read the instructions carefully at the top of the sign-up sheet.
- The sign-up sheet will be locked on 10/25, so please sign up before that date.
- Upper school parent teacher conferences are held on an as requested basis.
- Faculty members will be available for conferences beginning at 12:20 pm after early dismissal on Tuesday, October 26th.
- Please use this link to sign up for conferences with any of your child's teachers. The location of the conference is noted under the name of each teacher.
- Contact Tollie Ediger (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
Lower School Fall Festival
We will be celebrating the arrival of Fall on Friday, October 29th, with our Lower School Fall Festival. There will be games, hay rides, prizes and fun! And to make this day a huge success, we need your assistance. If you would like to volunteer and help run games for this event, please follow this link to sign up.
In preparation for the fun please know. . .
- Students should be dropped off as usual by 8 am.
- Early dismissal will be at 11:30 and ONLY for the Lower School.
- There will be NO Lunch Bunch or After School Program after this event
- Lower School students are welcome to wear Fall themed clothing but NO costumes, please!
- Follow this link to view the Fall Festival Flyer
If you ordered school pictures, they are being sent home this week with your child. Questions? Contact Watermark Photography (email@example.com).
Time to Claim Your Stuff!
It's that time again. The lost and found bins have been emptied and items are on display in the gym. Stop by this week to claim any missing items. There are sleeping bags and other treasures left over from the US Retreat last month. The deadline to claim your belongings is Friday by 2:45. Any items unclaimed at this time will be donated.
HS Quiz Bowl
If your student loves to test their knowledge of all things, then we'd love to have them participate in the High School Quiz Bowl Team. The team will start meeting at 7:15am on Tuesday and Wednesday Mornings. If you love trivia and facts of any kind, Please come join us in Mrs. Peavyhouse's room. Questions? Please contact Kelly Cole, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Operation Christmas Child 2021
Two Options for Participating
It's time to pack a shoebox and help spread the love of Jesus to children around the globe through Samaritan's Purse Operation Christmas Child. For this season, we will not be holding our traditional packing day, but we are still hoping to meet our goal of 300 boxes filled and donated!
There are two options available for our families to participate in this wonderful ministry.
Option 1 - Pack a shoebox at home & bring to WCA the week of November 18th.
Option 2 - Pack a box online for a $25 donation.
Please follow this link for additional details. Now, more than ever, children around the world need hope! Questions? Please contact Tiffany Rasmussen - email@example.com.
PSAT @ WCA
For all 8-11th grade students October 26th
Tuesday, October 26th will be PSAT testing day on our campus for all 8th-11th grade students. In preparation for the day, here are things to know:
- Students need to arrive at 7:45 am
- Bring #2 pencils, a snack, and the calculator they purchased for school. Those are approved calculators for this test.
- Students will be released at noon as this is an early release day. 8th -11th grade students will not attend any classes that day, only PSAT testing.
- All 6th, 7th, and 12th grade students have classes that day until noon.
If you have questions about testing, contact Kelly Cole - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have you ordered your yearbook?
You don't want to miss out on getting your student(s) 2021-2022 yearbook, so take a moment and order your yearbook(s) online today!
Yearbooks must be ordered in advance and are not typically available for last minute purchase. The cost is $70 per yearbook and for your convenience, Jostens offers a split payment option at checkout if desired.
Follow this link to order your yearbook today!
Lunch Bunch & After School
For parents that need additional childcare for their students, Westminster offers two programs to extend their day with play and/or study time. LunchBunch (pre-k and half-day kindergarten) begins at noon and ends at 2:45. AfterSchool (all lower school and 6th grade) begins at 2:45 with pick-up at 5:15 pm.
Here's what you need to know:
- Advanced sign-up will be requested (see instructions below).
- **Emergency contact form must be completed and returned before a child can stay for LunchBunch or AfterSchool. Please follow this link for the form.**
- Charges will be billed to your FACTS account on a monthly basis on the 15th of the month for the previous month.
- Please know that effective immediately, there will be a $10 fee for all late pickups. Pick-up time is by 5:15 pm. Thank you for your understanding and assistance.
How do I sign up?
- Click the link: Lunch Bunch & After School Registration
- Click the date your child will need to attend. If your child will attend every day of the month, or the same days each week, you may select "repeats" and choose daily or weekly. If Lunch Bunch or After School reach max capacity, you will see a red message that says "FULL" on the day.
- Click on the "Calendar" box and select "LB/AS SIGN UP"
- Type student name(s) into the "Who" box
- Type LB for Lunch Bunch, AS for After School or LB/AS for Both
Please contact Millie Sopt (email@example.com) or Rebecca Veal (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions regarding Lunch Bunch or After School.
As we go through our days, please remember to keep the following WCA family in your prayers. Also, please email Tami Butts (email@example.com) with updated and/or new prayer requests. It is an honor to pray for each other.
Please be in prayer for our upper school art teacher, Jackie Kirsche, as she walks through her ovarian cancer journey. It is with great thanksgiving that we can report that Jackie's cancer has responded to the treatments, and she has now completed her course of chemotherapy. From here, she will be on a maintenance regimen. Please pray for returning strength and health and join us with praises to God for this positive outcome. Thank you for remembering Jackie, her husband Kevin and children Berkley (class of 2013), Sierra (class of 2016) and Hadley (class of 2018).
Prayer requests are included here at the request, or with the permission of the family.