Westminster Christian Academy is pleased to announce the top honor graduates of the Class of 2019. Congratulations to Emily Anne Lanclos and Addison Seth Marbut for earning the honors of Valedictorian and Salutatorian! They represent the top two GPA’s in their graduating class.
Commencement ceremonies for the Class of 2019 will be held this Friday, May 17th at Grace Fellowship beginning at 7 pm. This is a very special evening to honor the hard work and dedication of these students and their families. The commencement address will be given by Mark McAndrew.
Following the ceremonies there will be a reception hosted by the families of the junior class to honor the graduates.
Congratulations to all members of the Class of 2019 and their families! We are so proud of who you are.
Summer break is so very close we can literally feel it in the air but before we get there, there's still some work to be done and variations to the schedule to be aware of. The details below about the last week of school will hopefully help things to go smoothly for all!
Upper School Exams
The upper school, grades 6 - 11, will be having final exams next Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday as follows:
Monday & Tuesday
- 8:30 - 9:30 Exam
- 9:30 - 9:45 Break
- 9:45 - 11:15 Exam
- 8:00 - 9:30 Exam
- 9:30 Dismissal
For the complete student exam schedule by subject please follow this link - Spring 2019 Final Exam Schedule for Students
Early Dismissal Days
Just to keep you on your toes there will be early release days for the final week of school as follows:
Monday, May 20th - Upper School Only, grades 6 - 11 - Early Release @ 11:15
Tuesday, May 21st - Upper School Only, grades 6 - 11 - Early Release @ 11:15
Wednesday, May 22nd - ALL Grades - Early Release @ 9:30
Lunch Bunch & After School
Please be aware that there will NOT be Lunch Bunch or After School services provided on the last day of school, Wednesday, May 22nd. All students must be picked up at 9:30 am to begin summer break!
This is the last call for lost and found items for this school year! All random items that student's have left behind are on display in the gym now through the last day of school. Please stop by and take a look for things that belong to your household. Any unclaimed items on the last day of school, next Wednesday, May 22nd, will be donated.
Thank you for your ongoing efforts with this ongoing project!
For those of you willing and able to think ahead, this is the request for parent volunteers to work the Fall 2019 Upper School Impact Retreat. The retreat is scheduled for September 25-27 at SharpTop Cove in Jasper, Georgia. We will need approximately 25 parent volunteers to serve on work crew. At SharpTop, the work crew is involved in meal preparation, set-up, clean-up, and running the snack bar. SharpTop personnel will oversee and give direction to the work crew. If you are interested in signing up or have questions, contact Tollie Ediger firstname.lastname@example.org.
The summer workout schedule is now available for upper school girls participating in basketball. These practice times will be for rising 6th - 12th grade girls.
Starting June 3 and going through June 28th (Mondays-Thursdays), practice will be held in the gym from 9 until 10:30 am and in the weight room from 10:30 until 11:25 am.
If you have any questions, please contact Coach Deep @ 770-595-2253.
As we quickly approach the end of the school year, it's time to find those library books! All library books are due next Friday, May 17th. If your child has a lost book it needs to be paid for by this date as well. FACTS accounts will be charged for any lost books that are not paid for at the end of the year. Thank you for your help in returning and paying for books!
Next Friday, May 17th, we will welcome the Class of 2032 to our campus as we host incoming Kindergarten students and their families for Popsicles on the Playground from 9 until 10 am. This will be a special time to host these new members of our community and give them the opportunity to talk with teachers, fellow parents and students.
So, if you see a lot of small children, parents and a lot of popsicles, stop and introduce yourself and maybe even score a treat!
As we go through our days, please remember to keep the following WCA families in your prayers. Also, please email Tami Butts (email@example.com) with updated and/or new prayer requests. It is an honor to pray for each other.
- Please be in prayer for Konda Johnson, her husband Brian and their children ( Hollan 12th and Grace 7th). Konda is undergoing chemotherapy to treat recurrent cancer. The first few days after receiving a treatment are being pretty tough for her and steroids are a part of her regimen which is also a challenge. As she says, there are good days and bad days. In January , small nodules were removed from her lungs that were determined to be the same type of cancer removed from her liver in 2015. Please pray for strength of body and spirits for Konda and her family during this season of battling disease while celebrating their senior, Hollan.
- Please be in continued prayer for Kim Hardwick, WCA teacher, who is undergoing treatment for recurrent melanoma. Due to the severe reactions she had to her initial treatments her physicians are not recommending continued immunotherapy at this time. They will be monitoring her closely and make changes in the weeks and months to come. Thank you for continue to remember her husband, Steve and their children (Ben - Class of 2018, Anna - 10th, Cary - 7th and Ella - 5th) during this time. Kim has set up a caring bridge site where she can share information about her journey. Caring Bridge for Kim Hardwick
- Please continue to pray for our art teacher, Jackie Kirsche, as she walks through her cancer journey. Her treatments were very successful. The tumor markers in Jackie's blood work are some of the lowest they’ve ever been and she will not begin any conventional therapy until active changes are seen in tumor markers, which will be checked monthly.
- Anderson Krieger (9th grade) and his family, as he continues the maintenance phase of his cancer treatment. For the most recent updates and specific prayer needs, please follow Sally on social media.
- Brent Weatherly and his family as he battles cancer. You can follow his journey and receive specific prayer requests. http://dbw26.wordpress.com.
Prayer requests are included here at the request, or with the permission of the family.