2019-2020 Back to School Announcements
Donuts with Dads - This Friday!
Donuts, coffee, conversation and time to spend with your child(ren). Who could ask for a better start to your day?
We look forward to seeing the lower school hallway crowded this Friday with WCA Dads for our annual Donuts with Dad event. All lower school dads are invited to join their child(ren) in their classroom(s) from 7:45 until 8:15 am. Questions, please contact Tiffany Rasmussen, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Impact Retreat 2019
Excitement is building about the US Impact Retreat next week at beautiful SharpTop Cove. All participating students grades 6 - 12, faculty members and parent volunteers will be leaving campus after lunch on Wednesday and returning by the end of the school-day on Friday. Follow the link below for retreat details and packing lists.
Questions? Please contact Tollie Ediger, email@example.com.
We need You!
Upper School Retreat
Feeling spontaneous? We are still in need of a few more parents who could help on the work crew for our upper school retreat next week.
Friday Lunch Help
We are in need of two people to help with lunch distribution on Fridays. One parent is needed from 11 - 11:30 to sort pizzas and deliver to the lower school classrooms. Another parent is needed from 12 - 12:30 to help distribute lunch orders to the upper school students.
If you can help with these needs, please contact Tollie Ediger, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last week's Caps for a Cure fundraiser generated $700 to benefit the CURE Childhood Cancer organization. Thank you to all students, parents and staff who made this year's event so successful!
We've been in school five weeks and that's plenty of time for the lost and found bins to be overflowing!
Items from lost and found are displayed on tables in the gym this week. Please take the opportunity to claim anything that belongs to your household. Items will be on display through Friday. Anything unclaimed at the end of the school-day will be donated.
Thank you for your help with this ongoing effort!
October Lunch Orders
Boonli.com is now open for October lunch orders. The deadline for placing orders is next Wednesday, September 25th at midnight.
If you have an existing Boonli.com account, your log-in will remain the same. Please note, existing account holders have to update profiles for each student before you can see the menus.
If you are new to the WCA community, or if this is your first time placing an order, please follow these steps:
- Go to Boonli.com
- Click the link to "Register" at the top of the page
- Enter the password for our school - WCA319
- Follow prompts to complete your registration including profiles for each of your students.
- Order lunches for each student. (lunches are ordered by the month in advance)
- Be sure to go to checkout and pay after you've made your selections. Your order is not placed until it's paid for!
If you have any questions about this process, please contact Tami Butts - email@example.com.
Looking for a way to get involved?
19 “Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven.
Matthew 18:19 New International Version (NIV)
One of the most important things we can do for our community is to cover it with prayer. A group of WCA parents meets once a week to do just that - pray for our students, faculty, staff and families.
All Westminster parents are invited to join together on Thursday mornings in the Tech Lab (located in the administrative building) beginning at 7:35 and ending at 8:00. Can't make it every week? Then please come whenever your schedule allows. Your presence will be greatly appreciated!
Incidental Billing on FACTS
Field trips, sports fees and after school fees are just a few of the things that fall into the category of incidental billing. In an effort to reduce the number of emails hitting your inbox, we will typically bill FACTS accounts for incidental expenses on or around the 15th of every month. For monthly charges such as lunch bunch and after school, the bill you receive on the 15th will be for the previous month’s charges. Once these charges are on your FACTS account, the way they are paid is dependent upon how your account is set up.
- If your incidental bills are paid automatically, then your email communication from FACTS will indicate what day those will draft.
- If you are not set up for automatic payments, you will need to log into your FACTS account (accessible through ParentsWeb) and make the payment by the due date.
If you have questions about incidental billing, please contact Tami Butts, firstname.lastname@example.org or 706-769-9372, ext 115.
As we go through our days, please remember to keep the following WCA families in your prayers. Also, please email Tami Butts (email@example.com) with updated and/or new prayer requests. It is an honor to pray for each other.
- Please be in continued prayer for Kim Hardwick, WCA teacher, who has undergone treatment for recurrent melanoma. Following successful treatment, Kim is having scans every three months to verify the absence of disease. There is much to be thankful for. Her scans from this week showed no evidence of disease! Thank you for remembering her husband, Steve and their children (Ben - Class of 2018, Anna - 11th, Cary - 8th and Ella - 4th) during this time. Kim has set up a caring bridge site where she can share information about her journey. Caring Bridge for Kim Hardwick
- Please continue to pray for our art teacher, Jackie Kirsche, as she walks through her cancer journey. She is currently being closely monitored for any changes in her tumor markers which might require further treatment. Thank you for remembering Jackie, her husband Kevin and children Berkley (class of 2013), Sierra (class of 2016) and Hadley (class of 2018).
- Please be in continued prayer for Brent Weatherly and his family as he battles cancer. You can follow his journey and receive specific prayer requests by subscribing to his blog - http://dbw26.wordpress.com.
Prayer requests are included here at the request, or with the permission of the family.