2020-2021 This Week at WCA
Parent Pivot Challenge
Is it time for a pivot in your parenting?
Join the Axis team, dozens of the top leading voices in the parenting and student world and thousands of parents just like you for the Parenting Pivot Challenge. This event is a 14-day challenge going on now through October 24th to pivot you into a confident and Christ-centered parent and the great thing is its free to you. The Axis group believes that right now, our kids need us, their parents, to be equipped, confident and willing to understand their ever-changing world and guide them with Biblical truth. Registration is required. Please follow this link - Parenting Pivot Challenge Website - for additional information and to register.
Parent Teacher Conferences
We have almost completed our first quarter of the school year and that means it's time for parent teacher conferences beginning on Wednesday, October 28th after school (Lower School) and Thursday, October 29th (Lower and Upper Schools; Early Dismissal Day).
Here's what you need to know:
Early Dismissal Day: In order to facilitate parent teacher conferences, all students will be dismissed early on Thursday, October 29th.
- Lower School - Dismissed at 11:30 am
- Upper School (MS & HS) - Dismissed at Noon
- At least one parent of each lower school student (preK through 5th) is expected to meet with their child's teacher at the end of the first quarter.
- Conferences will be held on Wednesday, October 28th (after school) and Thursday, October 29th (beginning at 12:20 pm), in order to accommodate all parents.
- Please remember that all parents should wear a mask when inside the building.
- Follow this link - Lower School Parent Teacher Conference Sign Up - to sign up for your conference time and please read the instructions carefully at the top of the sign up sheet. The last day to sign up for your conference time is Monday, October 26th. After that date, the sign up sheet will be locked.
- The after school program will run on Thursday the 29th. Please utilize the After School online sign up - Lunch Bunch & After School Registration
- Upper school parent teacher conferences are held on an as requested basis.
- Faculty members will be available for conferences beginning at 12:30 pm on Thursday, October 29th.
- If you need to meet with your student's teacher, please contact that teacher directly via email to schedule your meeting.
Admissions Preview Day
Westminster is holding our next admissions preview event on Tuesday, October 20th beginning at 9 am in the administrative building.
If you know of families who are interested in learning more about who we are, please help us spread the word! This is a great opportunity to learn about the unique mission of Westminster, meet our amazing faculty and staff and tour our campus.
For this event, please know that RSVP is required. The RSVP form may be found on the website or by following this link - Preview Day RSVP. For more information, contact Laura Briscoe, Director of Admissions. firstname.lastname@example.org
Picture Retake Day
School picture retake day is coming up next week on Wednesday, October 21st. Picture retakes are specifically for those who were absent or not yet enrolled on the original Picture Day, or who ordered pictures and were not satisfied. (Be sure to bring the pictures that you ordered if you are having retakes.). Forms may be picked up from Mrs. Boswell in the school office. Questions? Contact Tollie Ediger (email@example.com).
Literary Competition - Sign Ups Now Open!
With everything from singing, dramatic interpretation to extemporaneous speaking, Literary is a 14 event competition with many opportunities for our talented students to shine! The Literary event happens in the spring, but now is the time to sign up. Please let Mrs. Kelly Cole know if you have any questions about any event. Sign up on the list in the gym or email Kelly Cole - firstname.lastname@example.org for non music events, or Mary Claire Wills for music events - email@example.com. Thank you!
It's that time of year .... SWIM TEAM!
If your student is interested in being a part of a great team, please plan to attend the informational meeting to learn more about WCA Swim!
Swim Team Informational Meeting:
- Thursday, October 15 at 6:00 pm
- Technology Lab - Admin Building
Questions? Please contact Robyn Beall - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Winter Sports Physicals
Winter sports are starting soon but is your student athlete ready? If you have a student that will be playing basketball or swimming, don't forget that they must have a current physical form completed and on file to be eligible to participate. The physical form may be accessed by following this link - WCA Sports Physical Form. Completed forms may be turned in to Mrs. Boswell in the school office. Questions? Please contact Steve Crouse - email@example.com.
Have you ordered your yearbook?
You don't want to miss out on getting your student(s) 2020-2021 yearbook, so take a moment and order your yearbook(s) online today!
Yearbooks must be ordered in advance and are not typically available for last minute purchase. The cost is $70 per yearbook and for your convenience, Jostens offers a split payment option at checkout if desired.
Follow the link below to order yours today and mark this off your "to-do" list!
Lunch Bunch & After School Sign-Up
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we are limiting the number of students who attend the Lunch Bunch and After School programs. Parents are asked to register a week in advance by following the link and instructions below.
- Click the link: Lunch Bunch & After School Registration
- Click the date your child will need to attend. If your child will attend every day of the month, or the same days each week, you may select "repeats" and choose daily or weekly. If Lunch Bunch or After School reach max capacity, you will see a red message that says "FULL" on the day.
- Click on the "Calendar" box and select "LB/AS SIGN UP"
- Type student name(s) into the "Who" box
- Type LB for Lunch Bunch, AS for After School or LB/AS for Both
Please contact Libba Roberts (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Abby Bartelt (email@example.com) with any questions regarding Lunch Bunch or After School.