This Week at WCA - January 20th
High School Quiz Bowl Region Champions!
The High School Quiz Bowl team competed at the region tournament last week and were crowned Region Champions! Our academic lions dominated other teams by winning with scores of 180 to 10 and 160 to 10. These students will compete on January 21st in the state tournament. Congratulations to all team members and faculty advisors!
- Aron Bauer - Captain
- Widener Norris - Captain
- John Donatelli
- John Nesbit
- James Dickerson
- Michael Hall
- Lanie Bauer
Upper School Honor Rolls
Typically, we'd be able to hold our honor roll breakfast to celebrate our students' academic achievement but for this year, we honor them here! Based on first semester academic performance, please follow the links below for a list of honor roll students:
The criteria for the Principal's List and the Honor Roll list is as follows:
- Principal’s List: Students with a 90 or better in every academic course in the standard curriculum will be placed on the Principal’s List.
- Honor Roll: Students with an overall academic average* of 89.5 or better in the standard curriculum and no individual course grade lower than an 80 will be placed on the Honor Roll.
*Academic averages are based on the following courses: English, Math, Science, Social Studies, Foreign Language, and Bible.
Questions: Contact Tollie Ediger - email@example.com
Re-Enrollment for 2021/2022
The month of January is WCA's re-enrollment period for the 2021/2022 school year. Please know that current WCA families who complete re-enrollment on or before January 31st will receive discounted re-enrollment fees of $75 per student with a maximum of $200 per family. (As of February 1st, re-enrollment fees return to normal rate of $175 per student or $450 maximum per family.) Enrollment fees will be billed through FACTS and will be due no later than March 1st. Please see the links below for re-enrollment instructions and additional information:
State of the School Video
Please take a moment to follow the link below for to learn important information regarding the State of our School:
And it's already time to order February lunches!
Boonli.com is now open for your February lunch orders. The deadline for placing orders is next Wednesday, January 27th at midnight.
Check out a new menu item this month ~ Bacon Cheddar Brett Burger!
If you have an existing Boonli.com account, your log-in will remain the same. Please note, existing account holders have to update profiles for each student before you can see the menus.
If you are new to the WCA community, or if this is your first time placing an order, please follow these steps:
- Go to Boonli.com
- Click the link to "Log In" at the top of the page
- Enter the password for our school - WCA319
- Follow prompts to complete your registration including profiles for each of your students.
- Order lunches for each student. (lunches are ordered by the month in advance)
- Be sure to go to checkout and pay after you've made your selections. Your order is not placed until it's paid for!
If you have any questions about this process, please contact Tami Butts - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Platinum? Elite? Gold? Partner with WCA
Westminster is starting the new year with the launch of our corporate sponsorship program. We are excited to offer this opportunity to partner with local businesses. If you own a business or know of a company that might be interested in learning more about this program, please follow this link. You may also contact Jared Clark, email@example.com with questions or for additional information.
Pre-K & Kindergarten Preview Event
Westminster is holding our first ever admissions preview event designed specifically for PreK and Kindergarten families on Thursday, January 28th at 9 am in the Tech Lab.
If you know of families who have PreK or Kindergarten aged children and are interested in learning more about who we are, please help us spread the word! This is a great opportunity to learn about the unique mission of Westminster, meet our amazing faculty and staff and tour our campus.
For more information, contact Laura Briscoe, Director of Admissions. firstname.lastname@example.org
There are still a few of you who need to order your yearbooks. The deadline is coming up on February 26th however, if you do it today, you won't have to think about it again!
Please know that yearbooks must be ordered in advance and are not typically available for last minute purchase. The cost is $70 per yearbook and for your convenience, Jostens offers a split payment option at checkout if desired.
Follow the link below to order yours today and mark this off your 20201 "to-do" list!
Lunch Bunch & After School Sign-Up
Lunch Bunch and After School are back to normal hours so, don't forget to pre-register for LunchBunch and AfterSchool.
- Click the link: Lunch Bunch & After School Registration
- Click the date your child will need to attend. If your child will attend every day of the month, or the same days each week, you may select "repeats" and choose daily or weekly. If Lunch Bunch or After School reach max capacity, you will see a red message that says "FULL" on the day.
- Click on the "Calendar" box and select "LB/AS SIGN UP"
- Type student name(s) into the "Who" box
- Type LB for Lunch Bunch, AS for After School or LB/AS for Both
Please contact Libba Roberts (email@example.com) or Abby Bartelt (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions regarding Lunch Bunch or After School.