For families who are interested in learning more about Westminster, campus tours are available at any time with a prior appointment. Prospective students who want to experience a typical day at Westminster are invited to attend regular classes; a current student can serve as a peer host. Please contact the Admissions Office to schedule your visit.
The admissions process begins with submission of the following: a formal application with fee, all previous school records, and references from current teachers and the family’s church. Additionally, members of the administration will interview the family personally. This process as a whole helps ensure mutual compatibility between the applicant and the school.
Thank you for considering Westminster Christian Academy. We hope we can assist you in making this important decision concerning your child’s future.
Steps to Admission
Admission to Westminster is primarily based on two criteria:
- Both parents are Christians and are actively involved in an evangelical church.
- The child is performing academically on or above grade level and has evidence of good conduct and attitude.
Parents should be aware that the admissions process could take up to a month to complete. We do not advise withdrawing students from their current school until the process is complete. In general, new family applications are processed beginning in February. Interested parents are encouraged to contact the school regarding application dates.
The admissions process for each class will continue until the class is full. At that time, applicants will be placed on a waiting list.
- Student Enrollment Application – Complete and submit along with:
- $50 non-refundable application fee ($150 per family maximum)
- Release of Student Records – Fill out and turn in to Westminster. We will need copies of the applicant’s school transcripts and academic achievement tests for at least the past two years, including this year’s report card for the first semester. An application will not be considered until all tests, transcripts, and report cards have been received.
- Immunization Record and copy of birth certificate
- Teacher Recommendation Forms – Deliver to the applicant’s current teachers as soon as possible. Upon completion, the teachers should mail or fax these directly to Westminster.
- One Teacher Recommendation Form for students applying for grades K – 5
- Two Math/English Teacher Recommendation Forms for students applying for grades 6th – 12th
- Church Questionnaire & Recommendation Form – Deliver to your pastor or spiritual mentor. Upon completion, this person should mail or fax the form directly to Westminster.
- Student Questionnaire for 6th – 12th grade applicants
- Once the admissions office receives all paperwork, we will contact you to schedule an academic screening and a parent interview. For testing dates and fees, please contact the Admissions Office by calling 706.769.9372, or emailing email@example.com.
- The Westminster Board of Directors will vote to approve or deny acceptance based on all information.