Calendar Highlights & Mark Your Calendars
|11/15-18||Y-Club Youth Assembly|
|11/17||Operation Christmas Child Packing Day|
|Deadline for Ordering Yearbook|
|11/27||Deadline for Ordering December Lunches|
|11/30||Christmas Concert – 6:30 pm|
|12/1||Grandparents Day – Early Dismissal|
|Winter Formal (grades 9 – 12), 7pm – 11 pm|
Please note this is not an all-inclusive school calendar. Always check the Google Calendar for additional events, updates and detailed information.
Athletic Calendar Highlights
|11/16||MS/HS Basketball AWAY vs. Gatewood|
|MS Girls – 3:30 pm|
|JV Boys – 4:45 pm, V Girls – 6 pm, V Boys – 7:30 pm|
|11/17||JV & V Swim Meet @ Walton Waves, all-day|
|MS/HS Basketball HOME vs. Athens Christian|
|MS Girls – 3:45 pm, MS Boys – 5 pm|
|JV Boys – 6:15 pm, V Girls – 7:30 pm|
|11/28||MS Boys Basketball AWAY vs. Providence Classical – 4 pm|
|JV & V Basketball HOME vs. Lanier|
|JV Girls – 3:30 pm, JV Boys – 4:45 pm|
|V Girls – 6 pm, V Boys – 7:30 pm|
|11/30||Boys Basketball AWAY vs. HALO|
|MS Boys – 5 pm|
|JV Boys – 6 pm, V Boys – 7:30 pm|
Please note this is not an all-inclusive athletic calendar. Always check the Google Calendar for additional events, updates and detailed information.
Next week, Westminster will be closed November 20th – 24th, for the Thanksgiving Holiday. We have much for which to be thankful and pray that this is a blessed and safe time for all members of our community. Enjoy the break with your family and hopefully the opportunity to eat your favorite sweet and savory holiday treats!
School will re-open on Monday, November 27th.
One Act Cast Performed for the Students . . . and they were very entertained!
On Tuesday, our student body had the pleasure of being entertained by the talented 2017 WCA One Act performers! They did an excellent and humorous job of performing Shakespeare’s Comedy of Errors under the direction of Mrs. Sarah Craig. Thank you One Act players for sharing your talents!
It’s almost packing day, are your donations in?
Operation Christmas Child 2017
If you haven’t turned in your donations, you still have time but act quickly! This Friday, November 17th, we will begin celebrating the holiday season by holding our Operation Christmas Child Packing Day. So, if you still have items to donate, please bring them to school on Thursday, November 16th.
Packing day is a wonderful experience of giving to others for our students. They will be hand packing and praying over the boxes as they prepare them. By their actions, they are reaching out and touching children around the world with the love of Jesus. This year’s goal is to pack and pray over 300 boxes!
Please contact Mary Beth Cole (email@example.com) or Tiffany Rasmussen (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions.
By Saturday morning, it’ll be too late.
Buy your child’s yearbook today!
Don’t miss out on the 2017-2018 school year memories! The Valor is available for purchase online only through Friday, November 17th and for your convenience, the $70 cost of the yearbook may be paid in full, or purchased with a 3-payment purchase plan. Friday at midnight, it will truly be too late to have a yearbook for your student(s) so place your order today!
Please click on banner above to be directed to Josten’s website or visit Jostens.com, select Westminster Christian Academy and place your order. (Please be aware when you selecting our school to select the correct city and state. There are several schools with the same name.)
Questions? Please contact Haley Allen, email@example.com.
Next month, you’ll be glad you did. (Order lunches that is.)
Boonli.com open for December Lunch Orders
The days are getting hectic but don’t forget to answer the “What’s for lunch?” question for yourself by ordering lunches for your student(s). Boonli.com will be open now through Monday, November 27th (first day back after Thanksgiving break) for December orders. Click the icon below to be directed to boonli.com.
Here’s the ordering information for those who might need it:
- Go to https://www.boonli.com
- Click the link to “Register” at the top of the page
- Enter the password for our school – WCA319
- Follow prompts to complete your registration. You will need to complete a profile for each student designating them as either upper school or lower school to ensure that you have access to the correct menu items.
WCA Christmas Music Concert
Start the Christmas season with our annual Christmas Concert to be held on Thursday, November 30th. This program is an opportunity for our school to celebrate the birth of Christ through the gift of music.
The concert begins at 6:30 in our upper school gymnasium and will feature the vocal talents of both lower and upper school students under the direction of Mrs. Mary Claire Wills, WCA music teacher. Mrs. Wills has sent an informational email to parents of students who will be performing. If you have questions related to your child’s participation, please contact her directly, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make your plans now to attend this event and celebrate the season with our amazingly talented students!
Grandparents Day 2017 – Friday, December 1st
It’s time to welcome the Grands!
Friday, December 1st will be a special day on our campus as we host our student’s grandparents for our annual Grandparents Day! Coffee and breakfast will begin at 8 am in the gymnasium followed by a a special program presented by our students and an opportunity to visit classrooms.
Students will be dismissed early to allow them the opportunity to spend time with their visiting grandparents. Lower School will dismiss at 10:30 am and Upper School at 11 am.
Please know that students may sign out and leave with their grandparents at any time after the program to enjoy extra time with these special people. Upper school students will need to sign out in the office per usual procedure and there will be sign out sheets in the lower school classrooms for students leaving early.
Thinking Ahead for Grandparents Day
We have a beautiful campus, but as we all know, parking is limited! To ensure that we have the most accessible parking available for our visiting grandparents, we are asking our families to carpool whenever possible.
Thank you for anything you can do to help this day be successful for all!
Don’t Forget . . . The Cows are still looking for you.
A Limited Supply of 2018 Cow Calendars are available.
Stay on the cow’s good side. Buy your 2018 Cow Calendar today and help raise money for our school!
The holiday season is upon us and a great gift for yourself or someone on your list is free Chick-Fil-A food and treats. This year’s calendar is a 20th anniversary retrospective titled, “Steers of Yesteryear” and is full of different delicious freebies every month of the year.
Calendars may be purchased from the school office for $9 each payable by cash or check. Questions? Please contact Fran O’Rear, email@example.com or 706-769-9372.
Planning Ahead for School Year 2018-2019
What!?! Don’t panic. We just want you to know sooner rather than later that this school year, 2017-2018, will be the last school year that uniform clothing with the OLD logo will be included in the WCA uniform policy. Beginning in August 2018, all logoed uniform items must be embroidered with the NEW WCA logo. After the first of the year, please watch for more information about a uniform swap and sale.
As we go through our days, please remember the keep the following WCA families in your prayers. Also, please email Tami Butts (firstname.lastname@example.org) with updated and/or new prayer requests. It is an honor to pray for each other.
- Please continue to be in prayer for Mark Mills and Tara Merritt (Nathan (6th), Parker (1st)) with regards to several events that are happening in their life right now.
- Prayers are requested for Mark who has been diagnosed with thyroid cancer. He is having surgery on Wednesday, November 29th, in Augusta. Additional treatments plans will be made after final pathology.
- Tara’s niece, Shannon O’Brien, was admitted to Duke on Monday with worsening pulmonary hypertension. She is in need of, and waiting for, a lung transplant.
- Mark’s aging parents have chosen to stay at their home in El Valle, Panama, to live out their days instead of coming to the states. This is a remote region where they will have limited nursing care available to them. Specifically, please pray that Mark and Tara will have peace and acceptance for God’s plan for his parents and that God would watch over their days in Panama.
- Please pray for my, Tami Butts (Patrick 9th and Rachel 2nd), mother as she recovers from triple bypass surgery. The surgery was successful and the recovery is painfully underway. Thank you for your prayers and support!
- Please continue to pray for Sabrina Garcia (Noah, 11th and Jacob, 9th) and her family. Sabrina is getting stronger every day and has even been seen around campus! There are still long term treatment plans that will be necessary that are as of yet, undetermined. Pray for her continued strengthening and her medical team as they make decisions for her future treatments. We will update you here as we become aware of additional opportunities to bless this family.
- Anderson Krieger (9th grade) and his family, as he continues his treatment for recurrent leukemia. Anderson has begun the last round of intense chemotherapy he has to endure before going into the maintenance phase. Please be in prayer for his protection during this time and for the effectiveness of the medications. For the most recent updates and specific prayer needs, please follow Sally on social media.
- Brent Weatherly and his family. You can follow his journey and receive specific prayer requests. http://dbw26.wordpress.com.
Prayer requests are included here at the request, or with the permission, of the family.