Calendar Highlights & Mark Your Calendars
|11/1-17||Yearbook Sales Period|
|11/15||Operation Christmas Child Donations Due|
|Lost & Found Clean Out Day|
|11/15-18||Y-Club Youth Assembly|
|11/17||Operation Christmas Child Packing Day|
|11/27||Deadline for Ordering December Lunches|
|11/30||Christmas Concert – 6:30 pm|
|12/1||Grandparents Day – Early Dismissal|
|Winter Formal (grades 9 – 12), 7pm – 10 pm|
Please note this is not an all-inclusive school calendar. Always check the Google Calendar for additional events, updates and detailed information.
Athletic Calendar Highlights
|11/9||MS & V Basketball HOME vs. St. Joseph’s|
|MS Girls – 3:30 pm, MS Boys – 4:45 pm|
|V Girls – 6 pm, V Boys – 7:30 pm|
|11/11||JV Boys Basketball AWAY vs. Chestatee – 11:45 am|
|11/14||MS/HS Basketball AWAY vs. Loganville|
|MS Girls – 5 pm, MS Boys – 6 pm|
|JV Boys – 7 pm|
|11/16||MS/HS Basketball AWAY vs. Gatewood|
|MS Girls – 3:30 pm|
|JV Boys – 4:45 pm, V Girls – 6 pm, V Boys – 7:30 pm|
|11/17||JV & V Swim Meet @ Walton Waves, all-day|
|MS/HS Basketball HOME vs. Athens Christian|
|MS Girls – 3:45 pm, MS Boys – 5 pm|
|JV Boys – 6:15 pm, V Girls – 7:30 pm|
Please note this is not an all-inclusive athletic calendar. Always check the Google Calendar for additional events, updates and detailed information.
Operation Christmas Child 2017 – Sign Up to Donate TODAY!
Pictured are WCA 9th graders working with 5th graders to prepare boxes for packing day.
Sharing the love of Jesus? Teaching about the gift of giving? Shopping? There is still time to accomplish all of these things by signing up to help with WCA’s Operation Christmas Child project!
This Christmas season, Westminster is once again partnering with Samaritan’s Purse and Operation Christmas Child to demonstrate God’s love to children around the world. This is a wonderful experience of giving to others for our students. On packing day, our students will be hand packing and praying over the boxes they are preparing. By their actions, they are reaching out and touching children around the world with the love of Jesus.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Sign up to donate items by following this link – Operation Christmas Child Sign Up Genius
- Donated items are due on Wednesday, November 15th. You may bring items to your child’s classroom.
- Packing day is Friday, November 17th. We will convert a classroom into a holiday workroom where our students will pack and pray over Operation Christmas Child boxes.
- This year’s goal is to pack and pray over 300 boxes!
In order to achieve this goal, we will need the help of many hands! Will you please help us reach this goal by signing up to donate items for this project? Please contact Mary Beth Cole (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Tiffany Rasmussen (email@example.com) if you have any questions.
We’ve got your dinner covered tonight!
Expanded concessions for Thursday night’s home basketball games.
Tonight our MS and Varsity Basketball teams take on St. Joseph’s on their home court. Come out to cheer on our Lions and enjoy our expanded concession offerings as you enjoy the competition.
Starting at 5 pm we will be offering hamburgers ($3), hot dogs ($1.50) and nachos ($2) along with our regular concessions. The MS games begin at 3:30 & 4:45 pm with Varsity following at 6 & 7:30 pm.
Look forward to seeing you there – Go Lions!
Do not delay. Get yours today!
(click on banner above to be directed to Josten’s website)
The Valor is available for purchase online only through Friday, November 17th and for your convenience, the $70 cost of the yearbook may be paid in full, or purchased with a 3-payment purchase plan.
Please visit Jostens.com, select Westminster Christian Academy and to place your order. (Please be aware when you selecting our school to select the correct city and state. There are several schools with the same name.)
Questions? Please contact Haley Allen, firstname.lastname@example.org.
What’s for Lunch in December?
Boonli.com open for December Lunch Orders
The days are getting hectic but don’t forget to answer the lunch question for yourself by ordering lunches for your student(s). I’m pretty sure we just ordered November lunches but now it’s time to place orders for December! Boonli.com will be open now through Monday, November 27th (first day back after Thanksgiving break) for December orders. Click the icon below to be directed to boonli.com.
Here’s the ordering information for those who might need it:
- Go to https://www.boonli.com
- Click the link to “Register” at the top of the page
- Enter the password for our school – WCA319
- Follow prompts to complete your registration. You will need to complete a profile for each student designating them as either upper school or lower school to ensure that you have access to the correct menu items.
One more time – Lost and Found clean out next week
One more time before Thanksgiving break, we will attempting to reunite abandoned items with their rightful owners.
There will be a Lost and Found clean out day next week after school on Wednesday, November 15th. Please be sure to check for any missing items from your family because after this time, unclaimed items are donated.
The Lost and Found items from both the upper school and lower school are located on the far side of the stage in the gym if you’d like to stop by and take a look. Thank you for your help with this ongoing process!
Questions? Contact Tollie Ediger (email@example.com).
Send photos to the yearbook staff right from your phone.
Download the RePlayIt app and upload the memories.
You’ve captured that perfect shot of a WCA event and would love to get it into the hands of the yearbook staff. Well now, there is an app for that! Download Josten’s ReplayIt App today and start sharing your favorite WCA snapshots with the people designing this year’s yearbook. This app is designed to provide an easy way for students, faculty and parents to take photos on our mobile devices and upload them instantly. Follow the link below to get started:
Questions? Please contact Haley Allen, Yearbook Advisor, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grandparents Day 2017 – Friday, December 1st
It’s time to welcome the Grands!
Friday, December 1st will be a special day on our campus as we host our student’s grandparents for our annual Grandparents Day! Coffee and breakfast will begin at 8 am in the gymnasium followed by a a special program presented by our students and an opportunity to visit classrooms.
Students will be dismissed early to allow them the opportunity to spend time with their visiting grandparents. Lower School will dismiss at 10:30 am and Upper School at 11 am.
Please know that students may sign out and leave with their grandparents at any time after the program to enjoy extra time with these special people. Upper school students will need to sign out in the office per usual procedure and there will be sign out sheets in the lower school classrooms for students leaving early.
The Cows are looking for you . . .
2018 Cow Calendars are here. Get yours today!
The holiday season is upon us and a great gift for yourself or someone on your list is a Chick fil A, fan favorite, 2018 Cow Calendar.
Once again, Westminster is partnering with Chick-Fil-A to offer their 2018 Cow Calendars for just $9.00 each. This year’s calendar is a 20th anniversary retrospective titled, “Steers of Yesteryear”. Each calendar includes a promotional card that once activated, entitles the bearer to one FREE featured food offer of the month throughout 2018.
Calendars may be purchased from the school office for $9 each payable by cash or check. Questions? Please contact Fran O’Rear, email@example.com or 706-769-9372.
There is a limited supply on hand so act quickly before they’re gone! A portion of all proceeds goes to benefit WCA.
As we go through our days, please remember the keep the following WCA families in your prayers. Also, please email Tami Butts (firstname.lastname@example.org) with updated and/or new prayer requests. It is an honor to pray for each other.
- Please pray for my, Tami Butts (Patrick 9th and Rachel 2nd), mother as she undergoes triple bypass surgery in the coming days.
- Please continue to be in prayer for Mark Mills (Nathan (6th), Parker (1st) and wife, Tara Merritt) with regards to the care of his aging parents. Mark’s parents have chosen to stay at their home in El Valle, Panama, to live out their days instead of coming to the states. This is a remote region where they will have limited nursing care available to them. Specifically, please pray that Mark and Tara will have peace and acceptance for God’s plan for his parents and that God would watch over their days in Panama.
- Thank you for your prayers for Sabrina Garcia (Noah, 11th and Jacob, 9th) and her family. Sabrina is at home and is getting stronger every day. There are still long term treatment plans that are as of yet, undetermined. Please continue to pray for her recovery and her medical team as they make decisions for her future treatments. We will update you here as we become aware of additional opportunities to bless this family.
- Anderson Krieger (9th grade) and his family, as he continues his treatment for recurrent leukemia. Anderson has begun the last round of intense chemotherapy he has to endure before going into the maintenance phase. Please be in prayer for his protection during this time and for the effectiveness of the medications. For the most recent updates and specific prayer needs, please follow Sally on social media.
- Brent Weatherly and his family. You can follow his journey and receive specific prayer requests. http://dbw26.wordpress.com.
Prayer requests are included here at the request, or with the permission, of the family.