Calendar Highlights & Mark Your Calendars
|11/30||Christmas Concert – 6:30 pm|
|12/1||Grandparents Day – Early Dismissal – LS 10:30 am, US 11 am|
|12/1||Winter Formal (grades 9 – 12), 7pm – 11 pm|
|12/6||Jr. & Sr. Classes Trip to Operation Christmas Child|
|12/13 – 15||Final Exams for US|
|12/13 & 14||Upper School ONLY Early Dismissal for exams @ 11:15 am|
|12/15||End of 2nd Quarter|
|12/15||All School Early Dismissal @ 9:30 am|
|12/18 – 1/2||Christmas Break|
|1/3/2018||School Resumes after Christmas Break|
Please note this is not an all-inclusive school calendar. Always check the Google Calendar for additional events, updates and detailed information.
Athletic Calendar Highlights
|11/30||Boys Basketball AWAY vs. HALO|
|MS Boys – 5 pm|
|JV Boys – 6 pm, V Boys – 7:30 pm|
|12/1||JV & V Swim Team Candy Cane Meet @ Morgan Aquatic Center – 11 am|
|12/4||MS Boys Basketball AWAY vs. Nat Greene – 5:30 pm|
|12/5||MS & V Basketball HOME vs. Trinity Prep|
|MS Girls – 4 pm, MS Boys – 5 pm|
|V Girls – 6 pm, V Boys – 7:30 pm|
Please note this is not an all-inclusive athletic calendar. Always check the Google Calendar for additional events, updates and detailed information.
Start the Christmas season with your WCA family as we celebrate the birth of Christ through the gift of music. Our annual Christmas Concert will be held tomorrow evening, Thursday, November 30th, beginning at 6:30 pm.
The program will feature the vocal talents of both lower and upper school students under the direction of Mrs. Mary Claire Wills, WCA music teacher. Mrs. Wills has sent an informational email to parents of students who will be performing. If you have questions related to your child’s participation, please contact her directly, email@example.com. Performing students should arrive at the gymnasium by 6:10 pm.
Make your plans now to attend this event and celebrate the season with our amazingly talented students!
Grandparents Day 2017 – Friday, December 1st
It’s time to welcome the Grands!
This Friday, December 1st will be a special day on our campus as we host our student’s grandparents for our annual Grandparents Day! Coffee and breakfast will begin at 8 am in the gymnasium followed by a a special program presented by our students and an opportunity to visit classrooms.
During classroom visitation time, be sure to stop by the lower school and take advantage of the “photo set” that will be available to commemorate the day.
Students will be dismissed early to allow them the opportunity to spend time with their visiting grandparents. Lower School will dismiss at 10:30 am and Upper School at 11 am.
Please know that students may sign out and leave with their grandparents at any time after the program to enjoy extra time with these special people. Upper school students will need to sign out in the office per usual procedure and there will be sign out sheets in the lower school classrooms for students leaving early.
Grandparents Day Part Deux – Carpool!
This Friday for our Grandparents Day celebration we will need to maximize our most accessible parking for our honored guests. In order to do this, we are asking our families to carpool whenever possible. Your assistance is greatly appreciated. And if you want to participate in a little Carpool Karaoke on your way to school, well, enjoy sharing the ride and hope there’s not a camera rolling!
Thank you in advance for helping us ensure this day is a success for all.
It’s the Week Before Christmas Break . . . well, almost.
The last week of school there will be several adjustments to the normal school schedule that you need to know about so that you can plan your days accordingly.
US Final Exams
The last week before our Christmas Break will be final exam week for all upper school students.
- Final exams will be administered on Wednesday the 13th through Friday the 15th.
- Follow this link to access the final exam schedule for the upper school.
Early Dismissal Days – some are for Upper School only
Due to final exam week in the upper school there will be early dismissal days as follows:
On Wednesday, December 13th & Thursday, December 14th, all Upper School students (grades 6 – 12) will be dismissed at 11:15 am.
On Friday, December 15th, all students, both Upper and Lower School will be dismissed at 9:30 am to begin our Christmas Break.
Thank you for helping us make this last week of school a success!
No Lunch Bunch & After School on “All School” Early Release Days
There will be no lunch bunch and after school available after the upcoming all school early dismissal days. This includes:
This Friday, December 1st Grandparents Day – Lower School Dismissal @ 10:30 am and Upper School Dismissal @ 11 am.
Friday, December 15th – All School Early Dismissal @ 9:30 am
Thank you for adjusting your plans to pick up your student(s) at the dismissal times on these days!
Planning Ahead for School Year 2018-2019
What!?! Don’t panic. We just want you to know sooner rather than later that this school year, 2017-2018, will be the last school year that uniform clothing with the OLD logo will be included in the WCA uniform policy. Beginning in August 2018, all logoed uniform items must be embroidered with the NEW WCA logo. After the first of the year, please watch for more information about a uniform swap and sale.
As we go through our days, please remember the keep the following WCA families in your prayers. Also, please email Tami Butts (firstname.lastname@example.org) with updated and/or new prayer requests. It is an honor to pray for each other.
- Please be in prayer for the Kay family (Hannah, Maggie 10th, Rachel 12th, Tim and Andrea) as Tim and Andrea travel to Duke University Hospital on Monday for Andrea to have endoscopic surgery on her biliary ducts. This is the sixth time for her to have this surgery. It is a delicate procedure which causes severe surgery induced pancreatitis and 3 -5 days in the hospital. The girls will be at home during this time. Specific prayer requests from Andrea include:
- Help for our girls (Hannah, Rachel and Maggie) as they remain at home. This a very stressful event at an already high pressure time of year, that they can prep adequately for finals.
- For wisdom and precision for my doctor as he performs the surgery.
- For rapid post surgery recovery and for my pancreatitis to not be severe.
- For Tim and I to bear a joyful testimony of our Lord Jesus to all of my medical team.
- Please continue to be in prayer for Mark Mills and Tara Merritt (Nathan (6th), Parker (1st)) with regards to several events that are happening in their life right now.
- Prayers are requested for Mark who has been diagnosed with thyroid cancer. A huge praise is that Mark’s surgery was held today and was successful. Further treatment plans are not yet known.
- Tara’s niece, Shannon O’Brien – aged 23, received a lung transplant over the Thanksgiving holiday but the surgery was very complicated and long with significant blood loss and resulting complications. She is still in the ICU and is critical but the family is hopeful she will improve. Please pray for her healing and recovery and for the donor family during this time.
- Mark’s aging parents have chosen to stay at their home in El Valle, Panama, to live out their days instead of coming to the states. This is a remote region where they will have limited nursing care available to them. Specifically, please pray that Mark and Tara will have peace and acceptance for God’s plan for his parents and that God would watch over their days in Panama.
- Please continue to pray for my, Tami Butts (Patrick 9th and Rachel 2nd), mother as she recovers from triple bypass surgery. The surgery was successful but she is back in the hospital while the medical team works to stabilize her heart and blood pressure.
- Please continue to pray for Sabrina Garcia (Noah, 11th and Jacob, 9th) and her family. Sabrina is getting stronger every day and has even been seen around campus! There are still long term treatment plans that will be necessary that are as of yet, undetermined. Pray for her continued strengthening and her medical team as they make decisions for her future treatments. We will update you here as we become aware of additional opportunities to bless this family.
- Anderson Krieger (9th grade) and his family, as he continues his treatment for recurrent leukemia. Anderson has been in the hospital fighting infections but is improving. He is still hoping to be out in time to attend the formal Friday evening! Please be in prayer for his continued protection and healing during this time and for the effectiveness of the medications. For the most recent updates and specific prayer needs, please follow Sally on social media.
- Brent Weatherly and his family. You can follow his journey and receive specific prayer requests. http://dbw26.wordpress.com.
Prayer requests are included here at the request, or with the permission, of the family.