Calendar Highlights & Mark Your Calendars
|2/8||NHS/Beta Club CRITICAL NEED Blood Drive|
|2/12||Admissions Preview Day, 9 am|
|2/14||Lower School Donuts with Dad|
|Valentine’s Day Lollipop Bouquets – Yearbook Fundraiser|
|2/16 & 19||Winter Break|
|2/16||Senior Mission Trip Fundraiser – Rockdale Gymnastics|
|2/17||Mock Trial District|
|2/23||BoxTops for Education Collection Deadline|
|2/28||Spring Sports Picture Day|
Please note this is not an all-inclusive school calendar. Always check the Google Calendar for additional events, updates and detailed information.
Athletic Calendar Highlights
|2/8||Varsity Girls State Qtr Finals HOME vs. Holy Ground Academy – 6 pm|
|2/10||MS Basketball State Championship Games – Central GA Tech, Macon|
|Girls – 11 am, Boys – 12:30 pm|
Please note this is not an all-inclusive athletic calendar. Always check the Google Calendar for additional events, updates and detailed information.
WCA Lion Basketball Playoff Updates
Middle School Boys and Girls Teams Advance To State Championship Games
- Congratulations to our Middle School boys and girls teams as they head to Macon this Saturday to play in the GICAA state championship finals! The games are being played at Central GA Tech (1640 Anthony Road). The girls play at 11 am followed by the boys at 12:30 pm. So, take a road trip and help cheer on our Lions to bring home TWO state championships!
Varsity Lady Lions Win Region Championship
- Congratulations to the Varsity Lady Lions Basketball Team who defeated Peachtree Academy to claim the 2018 Region Championship! With this win, they will tip off at home against Holy Ground Baptist Academy in the state quarterfinal game this Thursday, February 8th, at 6 pm. Come out and cheer our Lady Lions to the next level!
NHS/Beta Club Critical Need Blood Drive
Right now the American Red Cross has a critical need for blood donations. Tomorrow, Thursday, February 8th, our NHS/Beta club is hosting a blood drive from 8:45 until 12:30 to help meet this need. You do not need to have an appointment to donate. Walk-ins are welcomed!
Please consider giving to this most worthy cause.
Questions? Please contact Kelly Cole, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donuts with Dad in the Lower School
WCA Lower School Dads, start your Valentine’s Day 2018 off the right way by having a sweet treat with your sweet child(ren) in their classroom!
On Wednesday, February 14th, drop in between 7:45 and 8:15 and share this time of fellowship with your student(s) and their class. If Dad is not available to come, feel free to invite a Grandfather, big brother or uncle. Please fill out the form linked below and return to your child’s classroom so we can be prepared with enough donuts for all! We will also happily provide allergy free donuts for those who need them. (Please complete form with this request indicated.)
Valentine’s Day 2018
Yearbook fundraiser = lollipop day!
The WCA yearbook staff would like to help you spread the love this Valentine’s Day by sending a sweet note and bundle of blow pop lollipops to someone special at WCA. Each bundle of three blow pops will be $1.50 and all orders must be placed by this Friday, February 9th.
Forms are available in the school office or you may print the order form below. Completed forms and payment should be turned in at the school office.
Admissions Preview Day – Monday, February 12th
We will hold our next admissions preview day on Monday, February 12th at 9 am. If you know of anyone who is interested in learning more about Westminster, please help us spread the word about this event. Families will have the opportunity to see our campus, talk with the faculty and staff, engage with current students and parents, and visit classrooms.
For more information, please contact Laura Briscoe, Director of Admissions, at email@example.com or by phone at (706)769-9372.
Going once, twice, Thursday they’re gone!
Lost and Found Clean Out
Yes. You’re right, we did just have a lost and found clean out! However, apparently these cool mornings and warm afternoons cause our students to leave lots of lost items around our campus. So, once again, lost and found will be displayed to the left of the stage in the upper school until after school Thursday, February 8th. As always, at that point all unclaimed items will be donated.
Thanks again for your continued assistance!
As we go through our days, please remember the keep the following WCA families in your prayers. Also, please email Tami Butts (firstname.lastname@example.org) with updated and/or new prayer requests. It is an honor to pray for each other.
- Please continue to pray for Sabrina Garcia (Noah, 11th and Jacob, 9th) and her family. Pray for her continued strengthening and her medical team as they make decisions for her future treatments.
- Anderson Krieger (9th grade) and his family, as he continues his treatment for recurrent leukemia and moves into the maintenance phase of his treatment. For the most recent updates and specific prayer needs, please follow Sally on social media.
- Brent Weatherly and his family. You can follow his journey and receive specific prayer requests. http://dbw26.wordpress.com.
Prayer requests are included here at the request, or with the permission, of the family.