Calendar Highlights & Mark Your Calendars
|12/13 – 15||Final Exams for Upper School|
|12/13 & 14||Upper School ONLY Early Dismissal for Exams @ 11:15 am|
|12/15||End of 2nd Quarter|
|12/15||All School Early Dismissal @ 9:30 am|
|12/18 – 1/2||Christmas Break|
|1/1-3||Passion Conference for Seniors ~ Atlanta|
|1/3||School Resumes after Christmas Break|
|1/8-12||US Spirit Week|
|1/9||Jittery Joe’s Exhibit Artists’ Reception|
|1/18||A Taste of High School – 8th Grade Parents, 6 pm|
Please note this is not an all-inclusive school calendar. Always check the Google Calendar for additional events, updates and detailed information.
Athletic Calendar Highlights
|12/15||MS & V Basketball HOME vs. Peachtree Academy|
|MS Girls – 4 pm, MS Boys – 5 pm|
|V Girls – 6 pm, V Boys – 7:30 pm|
Please note this is not an all-inclusive athletic calendar. Always check the Google Calendar for additional events, updates and detailed information.
And just like that, it’s Christmas Break!
Westminster Christian Academy will be closed for the Christmas holiday beginning Monday, December 18th. Classes will resume on Wednesday, January 3rd, 2018. May this be a time of renewal and relaxation with your family as we celebrate the birth of our Savior. Be safe, enjoy a break from the routine, celebrate our many blessings and look forward to seeing you in the new year!
Scenes from December at WCA
To be such a short school month, there has been a lot going on at WCA. Here are some images from December 2017:
Boonli.com Deadline TODAY for January 2018
Don’t forget to order lunches for January delivery before the end of the today. When the new year is here, you’ll be thankful you did!
To place an order, please go to Boonli.com and log in to your account.
If you have not placed an order before, you will need to create an account. After clicking the “register” link, enter the school code WCA319 and follow the prompts to complete your registration. You will need to complete a profile for each student designating them as either upper school or lower school to ensure that you have access to the correct menu items.
Questions? Please contact Tami Butts, email@example.com or 706-769-9372.
January Hoops ~ Register NOW for Intramural Basketball
There is still time to register for WCA’s Intramural Basketball Program beginning the first Saturday in January, 2018. Here’s what you need to know:
- Who: Boys and Girls grades 1-5th
- When: Held on Saturdays. January 6th – February 3rd, 10 am -11:30am
- Where: WCA Gym
- Cost: $75 Billed through FACTS
- Registration Deadline: Friday, December 15th. (late registrations are not guaranteed a t-shirt)
Please follow this link below to register your student(s): Intramural Basketball Registration Questions? Contact Casey Clayton, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Missing Some Things?
Don’t forget to look or it will be too late!
We are relentless in our pursuit of cleaning out the WCA Lost and Found! From the state of the bins, many of you are indeed missing some things! They are very full of very nice items you’ve purchased your student(s) and before Christmas Break, we are trying to reunite you with your things.
Please take time in the next few days to see if your family has any items in Lost and Found. The tub with missing items may be found beside the stage on the far side of the gym.
Tomorrow, Thursday – December 14th – at 2:30 pm, all unclaimed items will be taken to Goodwill. As always, thank you for your help!
It IS the Week Before Christmas Break!
One more time, just in case.
Upper School Final Exams
They’ve almost made it so therefore, you’ve almost made it!
- Final exams are being administered beginning today through Friday the 15th.
- Follow this link to access the final exam schedule for the upper school.
Early Dismissal Days – some are for Upper School ONLY
Due to final exam week in the upper school there will be early dismissal days as follows:
On Wednesday, December 13th & Thursday, December 14th, all Upper School students (grades 6 – 12) will be dismissed at 11:15 am.
On Friday, December 15th, all students, both Upper and Lower School will be dismissed at 9:30 am to begin our Christmas Break.
Thank you for helping us make this last week of school a success!
No Lunch Bunch & After School on Friday, December 15th
There will be no lunch bunch and after school available on Friday, December 15th due to the all school early release at 9:30 am for Christmas Break.
Thank you for adjusting your plans to pick up your student(s) at the dismissal times on these days!
WCA Student Art Exhibit at Jittery Joe’s
While you’re making your list and checking it twice, please take the opportunity to stop by the Epps Bridge Jittery Joe’s to enjoy an exhibit of Westminster student artwork and an excellent cup of coffee! The exhibit will be on display throughout the holidays and the month of January. Coming up on January 9th, there will be an evening artist’s reception featuring live music and coffee drink specials. Watch the announcements for details in the coming weeks.
Congratulations to all students whose artistic talents are on display!
A Taste of High School – Mark Your Calendars
All WCA eighth grade parents should mark their calendars for Thursday, January 18 for “A Taste of High School.” This event is an overview of the opportunities for our high school students and dinner will be provided. The event will begin at 6 pm in the gym and more details will be forwarded in the new year.
Lands’End Free Logo Promotion in December
If you need to replace outgrown or worn out uniform items, you can order from Lands’End during the month of December and take advantage of their free logo promotion. Just go to Lands’End.com and enter “Westminster Christian Academy” in the name search to access our uniform items. At checkout, manually enter the promotion code: LOGOS plus PIN: 4276.
As we go through our days, please remember the keep the following WCA families in your prayers. Also, please email Tami Butts (email@example.com) with updated and/or new prayer requests. It is an honor to pray for each other.
- Please see the following message from the Kay family: “Thank you very much for your prayers for our family. The surgery went fine with no unexpected difficulties. Our hope is that this repair will give Andrea significant improvement in her health. The girls made it through the week despite a couple of bumps in the road, but nothing they could not handle. We hope that each member of our medical team experienced the love of Jesus as they cared for and interacted with us.”
- Thank you for continuing to pray for Mark Mills and Tara Merritt (Nathan (6th), Parker (1st)) with regards to several events that are happening in their life right now. Tara is very thankful to report that Mark is recovering well from his thyroid surgery and her niece is making good progress after her lung transport surgery and ensuing complications. Prayers for continued healing are much appreciated.
- Please continue to pray for Sabrina Garcia (Noah, 11th and Jacob, 9th) and her family. Sabrina’s recovery is going very well in so many ways and the coming months long term treatment plans will be developed if needed. Pray for her continued strengthening and her medical team as they make decisions for her future treatments.
- Anderson Krieger (9th grade) and his family, as he continues his treatment for recurrent leukemia. Following is Sally’s most recent FB post and prayer request: “Anderson’s start of maintenance hasn’t been the smoothest. He’s suffering from mouth sores, nausea and aches all over due to the chemo and steroids. He hasn’t been on steroids in a few months so they are hitting him pretty hard. We would appreciate prayers for him to feel better and that he would be able to drink so he can avoid dehydration. Thanks so much!” For the most recent updates and specific prayer needs, please follow Sally on social media.
- Brent Weatherly and his family. You can follow his journey and receive specific prayer requests. http://dbw26.wordpress.com.
Prayer requests are included here at the request, or with the permission, of the family.