This Week at WCA, October 30
Deadline T o n i g h t for November Lunches
Midnight tonight is the deadline for ordering November lunches. Do it now. You'll be thankful you did!
Please note that Brett's "fan favorite" grilled cheese and tomato soup is back in November to enjoy on those chilly days!
If you are new to the WCA community, or if this is your first time placing an order, please follow these steps:
- Go to Boonli.com
- Click the link to "Register" at the top of the page
- Enter the password for our school - WCA319
- Follow prompts to complete your registration including profiles for each of your students.
- Order lunches for each student. (lunches are ordered by the month in advance)
- Be sure to go to checkout and pay after you've made your selections. Your order is not placed until it's paid for!
If you have any questions about this process, please contact Tami Butts - email@example.com.
HS Quiz Bowl
Do you live with a teenager who is a lover of trivial knowledge or who always has the right answer to any question? Well, we have a place to put those talents to work! The High School Quiz Bowl team is getting started next week (November 4-8). The students have heard about this during daily announcements but if you know your student would like to participate, please contact Kelly Cole, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Winter Sports Picture Day
Next Wednesday, November 6th, LifeTouch will be on campus to take winter sports photos. All basketball teams (premier, middle school & varsity), swim team and cheerleading will be taking pictures beginning at 2:15 pm. Coaches will communicate with their team regarding which uniform should be worn and what time pictures will be taken. Please contact your coach with any questions.
Blue Gold Scrimmage
Will you cheer for the blue or the gold? Join us on Friday, November 8th, as WCA holds our inaugural Blue Gold Scrimmage pitting Lion against Lion! Help us kick off the basketball season and get an early look at our MS, JV and V teams. Mark your calendar now for this fun-filled evening and watch for additional details coming soon!
Operation Christmas Child
Hard to believe it is time to talk about Christmas, but here we go! During the school-day on Friday, November 22, we will have our 4th Annual Shoebox packing day. Your child will pack a shoebox for a child their age as we partner with Samaritan’s Purse and Operation Christmas Child to reach the nations for Christ. We will convert the library into a festive packing station.
This year's goal is to pack and pray over 300 boxes! Will you please help us reach this goal by signing up to donate items for this project? We will supply the box, and we would love your help to fill them. Items may be brought to school any time -- ideally by November 19th. Follow the link below to sign up for your donation:
Contact WCA Parent Ali Gilliam email@example.com or Tiffany Rasmussen firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions. The children have so much fun packing these boxes! You are welcome to join us!
As we go through our days, please remember to keep the following WCA families in your prayers. Also, please email Tami Butts (email@example.com) with updated and/or new prayer requests. It is an honor to pray for each other.
- Please be in prayer for WCA parent, Jeannie Shannon, (Alex - Class of 2018, Abi - 11th and Cole - 3rd) as she is treated for ongoing cardiac issues. Jeannie has been in and out of the hospital over the past few months dealing with problems related to the electrical system that regulates a steady heartbeat. She has undergone multiple surgeries and continues to endure complications. Please pray for her and her family during this uncertain time and her medical team as they work to restore her health.
- Please be in continued prayer for Kim Hardwick, WCA teacher, who has undergone treatment for recurrent melanoma. Following successful treatment, Kim is having scans every three months to verify the absence of disease. There is much to be thankful for as her most recent scans showed no evidence of disease! Thank you for remembering her husband, Steve and their children (Ben - Class of 2018, Anna - 11th, Cary - 8th and Ella - 6th) during this time. Kim has set up a caring bridge site where she can share information about her journey. Caring Bridge for Kim Hardwick
- Please continue to pray for our art teacher, Jackie Kirsche, as she walks through her cancer journey. Jackie's most recent scans showed a recurrence of her disease. She has begun immunotherapy treatments and will be receiving infusions every 3 weeks for the next couple of months. The doctors will be closely monitoring her to gauge the success of these new treatments and make adjustments if needed. Thank you for remembering Jackie, her husband Kevin and children Berkley (class of 2013), Sierra (class of 2016) and Hadley (class of 2018).
- Please be in continued prayer for Brent Weatherly and his family as he battles cancer. You can follow his journey and receive specific prayer requests by subscribing to his blog - http://dbw26.wordpress.com.
Prayer requests are included here at the request, or with the permission of the family.