WCA Weekly News & Announcements for September 25th
And they're off!
The upper school students were just a little distracted this morning as they anticipated leaving for the US Retreat! The buses pulled out on time headed for the beautiful North Georgia mountains. Please pray for safe travels and for this to be a time of fellowship, personal growth and a lot of fun! They will be returning by dismissal time on Friday.
Now is T H E Time!
Do not put this off any longer! The deadline for placing your yearbook order is T H I S Friday, September 27th.
You definitely don't want to miss out on getting your student(s) 2019-2020 yearbook, so take a moment and order your yearbook(s) online today! Yearbooks must be ordered in advance and are not available for last minute purchase. The cost is $70 per yearbook and for your convenience, Jostens offers a split payment option at checkout if desired.
Follow the link below to order yours today and mark this off your "to-do" list!
Deadline Tonight for October Lunch Orders
You have until midnight tonight to place your October lunch orders on Boonli.com.
If you have an existing Boonli.com account, your log-in will remain the same. Please note, existing account holders have to update profiles for each student before you can see the menus.
If you are new to the WCA community, or if this is your first time placing an order, please follow these steps:
- Go to Boonli.com
- Click the link to "Register" at the top of the page
- Enter the password for our school - WCA319
- Follow prompts to complete your registration including profiles for each of your students.
- Order lunches for each student. (lunches are ordered by the month in advance)
- Be sure to go to checkout and pay after you've made your selections. Your order is not placed until it's paid for!
If you have any questions about this process, please contact Tami Butts - email@example.com.
Cheer for the Home Team! WCA Hosts XC Meet Next Week
Next Tuesday afternoon, October 1st, WCA is holding a XC meet hosting many area schools. This is a great opportunity for us to cheer our amazing student runners on their home trail! The first middle school runners start around 4 pm with staggered start times for other groups from that point.
There will be limited parking so please carpool if at all possible. Look forward to seeing you there!
We still need a few of you!
Friday Lunch Help
We are still in need of two people to help with lunch distribution on Fridays. One parent is needed from 11 - 11:30 to sort pizzas and deliver to the lower school classrooms. Another parent is needed from 12 - 12:30 to help distribute lunch orders to the upper school students.
If you can help with this need, please contact Tollie Ediger, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Come Celebrate With Us!
On Saturday, October 5th, we will be celebrating the 30th anniversary of Westminster Christian Academy!
Make your plans now to join us for this family event on the field at WCA from 2 until 5 pm. This will be a relaxing time of fellowship with WCA families from today as well as from previous years. It's a Saturday in the Fall, so college football will be playing on the big screen, there will be inflatables and games for the kids and food vendors offering delicious eatables for you to purchase and enjoy. Bring chairs and blankets, footballs and Frisbees, and we look forward to celebrating with you!
As we go through our days, please remember to keep the following WCA families in your prayers. Also, please email Tami Butts (email@example.com) with updated and/or new prayer requests. It is an honor to pray for each other.
- Please be in continued prayer for Kim Hardwick, WCA teacher, who has undergone treatment for recurrent melanoma. Following successful treatment, Kim is having scans every three months to verify the absence of disease. There is much to be thankful for as her most recent scans showed no evidence of disease! Thank you for remembering her husband, Steve and their children (Ben - Class of 2018, Anna - 11th, Cary - 8th and Ella - 6th) during this time. Kim has set up a caring bridge site where she can share information about her journey. Caring Bridge for Kim Hardwick
- Please continue to pray for our art teacher, Jackie Kirsche, as she walks through her cancer journey. Jackie's most recent scans showed a recurrence of her disease. She has begun immunotherapy treatments and will be receiving transfusions every 3 weeks for the next couple of months. The doctors will be closely monitoring her to gauge the success of these new treatments and make adjustments if needed. Thank you for remembering Jackie, her husband Kevin and children Berkley (class of 2013), Sierra (class of 2016) and Hadley (class of 2018).
- Please be in continued prayer for Brent Weatherly and his family as he battles cancer. You can follow his journey and receive specific prayer requests by subscribing to his blog - http://dbw26.wordpress.com.
Prayer requests are included here at the request, or with the permission of the family.