This Week at WCA, May 19th
Westminster Christian Academy is pleased to announce that Samuel Snyder is the Valedictorian for the Class of 2021. Samuel is the son of James and Susan Snyder of Watkinsville. He began at Westminster as a preK student and is a 14-year senior. During his time at WCA, Samuel has participated in Mock Trial, Soccer, Basketball, Cross Country, the National Honor Society, Math Bowl and Student Council. In addition to his academic achievements, he served as captain for the Soccer and Cross Country teams during his senior year. Samuel will be attending the University of Georgia in the fall and has been accepted into the Honors Program. He plans to study Chemistry leading to a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) MBA. Congratulations to Samuel and his family!
Westminster Christian Academy is pleased to announce that Mary Caroline McCormack is the Salutatorian for the Class of 2021. Mary Caroline is the daughter of Dr. Thomas and Michelle McCormack of Bishop. Her first year at Westminster was as a Kindergarten student and she is a 13-year graduate. During her time at WCA, Mary Caroline participated in Cross Country, Y-Club, Mock Trial, Quiz Bowl and Literary. Among her numerous accomplishments, she was elected to serve as governor for the State of Georgia Y-Club Youth Assembly. Mary Caroline plans to attend Wake Forest University in the fall pursuing a degree in Biology and Neuroscience. Congratulations to Mary Caroline and her family!
Early Dismissal Days Next Week
In preparation for the last week of school, please be aware of the early dismissal times as follows:
- Monday the 24th and Tuesday the 25th - upper school early release @ 11:15 am
- Wednesday the 26th - all school early release @ 9:35 am
Upper School Final Exams
Next week, May 23-26, upper school students will be taking final exams. Please know that all upper school students in grades 6 through 11 will take exams. Students taking high school courses can exempt finals if they have a 90 or above in the class.
- For a copy of the Final Exam Schedule, please follow this link.
- For all Upper School Students, final exam testing days are early release days - 11:15 am on Monday and Tuesday, 9:35 am on Wednesday
Questions? Please contact Kelly Cole - firstname.lastname@example.org
Lost & Found
One more time! Lost and found items are on display in the gym. Please check the tables for items that might belong to your household. As always, unclaimed items will be donated.
Lunch Bunch & After School Sign-Up
Parents needing to send their student(s) to LunchBunch and/or AfterSchool, please remember that you need to pre-register by following the directions outlined below:
- Click the link: Lunch Bunch & After School Registration
- Click the date your child will need to attend. If your child will attend every day of the month, or the same days each week, you may select "repeats" and choose daily or weekly. If Lunch Bunch or After School reach max capacity, you will see a red message that says "FULL" on the day.
- Click on the "Calendar" box and select "LB/AS SIGN UP"
- Type student name(s) into the "Who" box
- Type LB for Lunch Bunch, AS for After School or LB/AS for both
Please contact Libba Roberts (email@example.com) with any questions regarding Lunch Bunch or After School.