This Week at WCA -December 16th
In the New Year
When January arrives, the student body has one extra day to their holiday. The first school day of 2021 is Tuesday, January 5th for all students. Please know that faculty and staff return on Monday for a staff development day.
To Do Today: Order January Lunches
Don't forget to place your orders by midnight tonight for January lunches! Please know that due to our Christmas break we, once again, have to process orders sooner than usual. The deadline for placing orders is tonight at midnight.
If you have an existing Boonli.com account, your log-in will remain the same. Please note, existing account holders have to update profiles for each student before you can see the menus.
If you are new to the WCA community, or if this is your first time placing an order, please follow these steps:
- Go to Boonli.com
- Click the link to "Log In" at the top of the page
- Enter the password for our school - WCA319
- Follow prompts to complete your registration including profiles for each of your students.
- Order lunches for each student. (lunches are ordered by the month in advance)
- Be sure to go to checkout and pay after you've made your selections. Your order is not placed until it's paid for!
If you have any questions about this process, please contact Tami Butts - email@example.com.
Wait, before you go! Lost & Found
We have a lot of your things, and we'd like you to have them back. Please stop by to check for missing items that can be reunited to your family. The Lost and Found bins are emptied and on display in the gym. Items unclaimed Friday morning at 9:15 will be donated. Thank you!
December 18th for the Lower School
On Friday, December 18th, the Lower School will be filled with excited children ready for Christmas break to begin! Here's what you need to know as you make your plans:
Christmas Celebrations: On this Friday before break, all lower school students will be celebrating Christmas with their teachers and classmates. Please know that these celebrations will be different from previous years because they have to be. Look for an email from your child's teacher in the coming days with information.
- Early Dismissal: All WCA students will be dismissed at 9:30 am to begin their Christmas break!
- No AfterSchool: The After School program will not be available on this day so please make arrangements to pick up your child(dren) at 9:30 am.
Sibling Enrollment Incentive during December
We are offering current families an enrollment fee of $50 for any sibling who applies by the end of December. In the month of January, this enrollment fee will be $75, and by February 1st, the application fee will return to the normal rate of $175. Please follow this link - WCA Application - to apply. Questions? Please contact Laura Briscoe, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Know more about your teachers for giving this Christmas Season!
Still looking for a way to show your appreciation and say Merry Christmas to a faculty member? The Teacher Appreciation Committee is excited to share with you a new way for you to learn more about our faculty and staff. WCA parents Kaitie and Jared Bryant created KNOWN, an online database giving you the opportunity to find out about our teacher's favorites things and their interests in order to better love and serve them.
3 STEPS TO KNOW YOUR TEACHERS BETTER FOR HOLIDAY GIVING:
- Log in at projectknown.com
- Join Group (search groups for "WCA Upper School" and use access code: wcalionsus or "WCA Lower School" with access code: wcalionsls )
- Find your teacher and learn more about them!
If you don't find a profile you're looking for, stay tuned, most have completed their profiles, and we are working on the rest!
Lunch Bunch & After School Sign-Up
As you prepare for school resuming in January, don't forget to pre-register for LunchBunch and AfterSchool.
- Click the link: Lunch Bunch & After School Registration
- Click the date your child will need to attend. If your child will attend every day of the month, or the same days each week, you may select "repeats" and choose daily or weekly. If Lunch Bunch or After School reach max capacity, you will see a red message that says "FULL" on the day.
- Click on the "Calendar" box and select "LB/AS SIGN UP"
- Type student name(s) into the "Who" box
- Type LB for Lunch Bunch, AS for After School or LB/AS for Both
Please contact Libba Roberts (email@example.com) or Abby Bartelt (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions regarding Lunch Bunch or After School.