This Week at WCA - October 28th
XC @ State
Congratulations to our Varsity Boys Cross Country team who finished second at GAPPS State Championship Meet! Sophomore Isaac Heydinger set a new school record with a time of 18:24 and finished fourth overall. Our Varsity girls also had a strong showing finishing 4th. Thank you coaches and runners for a great season!
WCA Theater Lions
Congratulations to the One Act Play cast who attended the GAPPS region competition yesterday and were awarded Region Runner-Up!
John Spraybery was awarded an Outstanding Performance Award and George Thompson received an Honorable Mention.
The cast will compete at the state level on November 9th.
"Parenting During a Pandemic"
Join us for WCA's next Connection Café on Friday, November 6th at 7:45 am in the Administration Building. Head of School, Jared Clark, will be discussing the challenges facing parents during this year of a global pandemic and all the changes and uncertainties that has brought into our daily lives.
If you would like to attend, please follow this link - Connection Café Sign Up - to sign up. Looking forward to seeing you there for this timely discussion.
November Lunch Orders ~ Deadline Tonight
Today is the last day to order lunches for November. Boonli.com will be open until midnight tonight.
If you have an existing Boonli.com account, your log-in will remain the same. Please note, existing account holders have to update profiles for each student before you can see the menus.
If you are new to the WCA community, or if this is your first time placing an order, please follow these steps:
- Go to Boonli.com
- Click the link to "Log In" at the top of the page
- Enter the password for our school - WCA319
- Follow prompts to complete your registration including profiles for each of your students.
- Order lunches for each student. (lunches are ordered by the month in advance)
- Be sure to go to checkout and pay after you've made your selections. Your order is not placed until it's paid for!
If you have any questions about this process, please contact Tami Butts - firstname.lastname@example.org.
PSAT Testing Day
Get your #2 pencils ready because tomorrow, Thursday, October 29th, is PSAT testing day for grades 8-11. Here's what you need to know:
- On the morning of the test, students need to report to their testing rooms by 7:50 am. Room assignments posted in the gym.
- Please bring 2, #2 pencils (no mechanical pencils please), an approved calculator, a water bottle and a book to read when finished testing.
- Students will be dismissed at noon after testing.
Please contact Kelly Cole - email@example.com - if you have any questions.
Time to Claim Your Stuff!
It's that time again! The lost and found bins have been emptied and items are displayed in the gym. Please stop by and see if there are things that belong to your household. Items will be on display through the end of the school day on Friday, October 30th. Any items unclaimed at this time will be donated.
WCA School Store ~ Additional Thursday Hours
In addition to the normal Thursday morning store hours, the WCA school store will be open tomorrow - Thursday, October 29th - during parent teacher conferences from 11:30 until 3 pm. Weather permitting, the store will be set up outside the lower school. Otherwise, you'll find the store in the gym. Stop by to see what's new and get your cool weather fan gear. See you there!
This Week's Schedule
In order to facilitate parent teacher conferences and the lower school fall festival, we have early dismissal days this week.
Thursday, October 29th
All students will be dismissed early on Thursday, October 29th.
- Lower School - Dismissed at 11:30 am
- Upper School (MS & HS) - Dismissed at Noon
Friday, October 30th
All lower school students will be dismissed after the Fall Festival at 11:30 am.
Lower School Fall Festival
We will be celebrating the long anticipated arrival of Fall 2020 on Friday, October 30th, with our Lower School Fall Festival. There will be games, hay rides, prizes and fun!
Fall Festival will begin at 9 am, but the school day begins at 8 am as usual.
Lower School students may wear festive fall/pumpkin patch clothing but NOT costumes please.
Don't forget our canned food drive to benefit ACTS Oconee Food Pantry (Area Churches Together Serving) which coincides with the Fall Festival week. Each lower school classroom will receive one point per food item donated. The items most needed by ACTS are canned meats, beef stew, peanut butter, canned fruit, sloppy joe, boxed mac & cheese, canned sweet peas, pork & beans, tomato sauce, hearty soups.
Don't forget, all lower school students will be dismissed at 11:30 am.
2020~2021 Annual Fund
Our Annual Fund campaign is off to a great start. We are only one week into our campaign, and we are thankful for each family who has led the way with their gift and support. Our goal is that 100% of our families would participate with a tax-deductible gift of any amount.
Operation Christmas Child ~ 2020 Edition
This year so many things we typically do are either being canceled or being done differently and WCA's Operation Christmas Child is no exception!
Since we will not be able to hold our traditional packing day this year, there are two options available for our families to still be able to participate in this wonderful ministry.
Option 1 - Pack a shoebox at home & bring to WCA the week of November 16th.
Option 2 - Pack a box online for a $25 donation.
Please follow this link for additional details. Now, more than ever, children around the world need hope!
Lunch Bunch & After School Sign-Up
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, parents are asked to register for Lunch Bunch and After School a week in advance by following the link and instructions below.
- Click the link: Lunch Bunch & After School Registration
- Click the date your child will need to attend. If your child will attend every day of the month, or the same days each week, you may select "repeats" and choose daily or weekly. If Lunch Bunch or After School reach max capacity, you will see a red message that says "FULL" on the day.
- Click on the "Calendar" box and select "LB/AS SIGN UP"
- Type student name(s) into the "Who" box
- Type LB for Lunch Bunch, AS for After School or LB/AS for Both
- Please contact Libba Roberts (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Abby Bartelt (email@example.com) with any questions regarding Lunch Bunch or After School.