This Week at WCA - November 11th
One Act Team Competes at State
Congratulations to the One Act cast who placed 3rd in the state competition held Monday in Eatonton GA. Walker Moore and John Sprayberry were awarded Outstanding performance awards.
It's time to order December lunches!
For better or worse, the end of 2020 is quickly approaching! So that means that Boonli.com is now open for your December lunch orders. Please know that due to the Thanksgiving break we have to process orders sooner than usual. The deadline for placing orders is next Wednesday, November 18th at midnight.
If you have an existing Boonli.com account, your log-in will remain the same. Please note, existing account holders have to update profiles for each student before you can see the menus.
If you are new to the WCA community, or if this is your first time placing an order, please follow these steps:
- Go to Boonli.com
- Click the link to "Log In" at the top of the page
- Enter the password for our school - WCA319
- Follow prompts to complete your registration including profiles for each of your students.
- Order lunches for each student. (lunches are ordered by the month in advance)
- Be sure to go to checkout and pay after you've made your selections. Your order is not placed until it's paid for!
If you have any questions about this process, please contact Tami Butts - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is your shoebox ready to go?
If getting your Operation Christmas Child shoebox ready is still on your "to-do" list, it's not too late! WCA's Operation Christmas Child donations are due next week, November 16-20.
This year so many things we typically do are either being canceled or being done differently and WCA's Operation Christmas Child is no exception! Since we will not be able to hold our traditional packing day this year, there are two options available for our families to still be able to participate in this wonderful ministry.
Option 1 - Pack a shoebox (any kind will work) at home & bring to WCA the week of November 16th.
Option 2 - Pack a box online for a $25 donation, follow this link — Pack Your Box Online.
Please follow this link - Operation Christmas Child 2020 Flyer - for additional details. Now, more than ever, children around the world need hope!
HS/MS Quiz Bowl
Try-outs for High School and Middle School Quiz Bowl teams will begin on Thursday, November 12 at 7:15 a.m. Quiz bowl is a perfect place to put those years of learning to the test!
There will be three practices before Thanksgiving Break (November 12, 17 & 19), then teams will be determined. The high school coaches are Mrs. Kelly Cole and Miss Katie Gamble. High school students will practice in Miss Gamble's classroom (C22). The middle school coaches are Coach Mike Ediger and Mrs. Tollie Ediger. Middle school students will practice in Room C24. The region competition is in January. Students may sign up on the sign-up list in the gym.
Home MS/HS Basketball GameDay Information
The 2020-2021 middle school and high school basketball seasons are underway and because it's the year that it is, home games will have to look a little different from usual. That means we will have to begin the season limiting who can attend home games. As conditions change, we will adapt these protocols as needed. We'd love for everyone to be in the stands cheering our Lions!
Here's what you need to know for WCA MS & HS home games:
- Attendance is being limited to parents and siblings of basketball players and tickets may be purchased at the door.
- High school students (grades 9–12) will be allowed to attend JV and V games.
- Middle school students will be allowed to attend MS games.
- Masks are required inside the gymnasium.
- Concessions will be available for purchase and will be prepackaged and served by volunteers wearing masks and gloves.
Lunch Bunch & After School Sign-Up
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, parents are asked to register for Lunch Bunch and After School a week in advance by following the link and instructions below.
- Click the link: Lunch Bunch & After School Registration
- Click the date your child will need to attend. If your child will attend every day of the month, or the same days each week, you may select "repeats" and choose daily or weekly. If Lunch Bunch or After School reach max capacity, you will see a red message that says "FULL" on the day.
- Click on the "Calendar" box and select "LB/AS SIGN UP"
- Type student name(s) into the "Who" box
- Type LB for Lunch Bunch, AS for After School or LB/AS for Both
Please contact Libba Roberts (email@example.com) or Abby Bartelt (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions regarding Lunch Bunch or After School.