This Week at WCA - December 9th
It's a Holiday Sale!
Just in time for your Christmas shopping, the WCA School Store will hold a Holiday Sale with special hours and special deals this Thursday, December 10th.
Stop by the gym to shop for your family from 7:30 until 9 am and 2 until 3 pm in the gym. See you there!
It's time to order January lunches!
Get ready for 2021 because it's coming quickly! So that means that Boonli.com is now open for your January lunch orders. Please know that due to our Christmas break we, once again, have to process orders sooner than usual. The deadline for placing orders is next Wednesday, December 16th at midnight.
If you have an existing Boonli.com account, your log-in will remain the same. Please note, existing account holders have to update profiles for each student before you can see the menus.
If you are new to the WCA community, or if this is your first time placing an order, please follow these steps:
- Go to Boonli.com
- Click the link to "Log In" at the top of the page
- Enter the password for our school - WCA319
- Follow prompts to complete your registration including profiles for each of your students.
- Order lunches for each student. (lunches are ordered by the month in advance)
- Be sure to go to checkout and pay after you've made your selections. Your order is not placed until it's paid for!
If you have any questions about this process, please contact Tami Butts - firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have a lot of your things, and we'd like you to have them back. Please stop by to check for missing items that can be reunited to your family. The Lost and Found bins are beside the left-hand side of the stage in the gym. The belongings will be displayed on tables beginning on Tuesday, December 15th. However, feel free to stop by earlier!
Upper School Final Exams: Things to Know
The first semester final exams for upper school students (grades 6–12) are scheduled for December 16th — 18th.
For planning purposes, please know that upper school students will be dismissed early all three days. The purpose of early dismissal is to provide an opportunity for students to meet with teachers should they have questions or would like additional help prior to the exam.
Upper School early dismissal as follows:
- Students will be dismissed at 11:15am on Wednesday the 16h & Thursday the 17th
- Students will be dismissed at 9:35 am on Friday.
- 6th and 7th grade students do not have exams on Friday, so those students should stay home that day.
- Upper School Learning Support Students schedules are different. Please see email from Keyla Carson.
- Students must be picked up when exams are over unless they have a practice right after school.
Follow this link for the first semester final exam schedule.
Parents of Learning Support students received an email from Keyla Carson regarding details for testing days. If you have not already done so, please fill out the Google Form attached to that email as soon as possible.
December 18th for the Lower School
On Friday, December 18th, the Lower School will be filled with excited children ready for Christmas break to begin! Here's what you need to know as you make your plans:
Christmas Celebrations: On this Friday before break, all lower school students will be celebrating Christmas with their teachers and classmates. Please know that these celebrations will be different from previous years because they have to be. Look for an email from your child's teacher in the coming days with information.
- Early Dismissal: All WCA students will be dismissed at 9:30 am to begin their Christmas break!
- No AfterSchool: The After School program will not be available on this day so please make arrangements to pick up your child(dren) at 9:30 am.
Sibling Enrollment Incentive during December
We are offering current families an enrollment fee of $50 for any sibling who applies by the end of December. In the month of January, this enrollment fee will be $75, and by February 1st, the application fee will return to the normal rate of $175. Please follow this link - WCA Application - to apply. Questions? Please contact Laura Briscoe, email@example.com.
Know more about your teachers for giving this Christmas Season!
The Teacher Appreciation Committee is excited to share with you a new way for you to learn more about our faculty and staff. WCA parents Kaitie and Jared Bryant created KNOWN, an online database giving you the opportunity to find out about our teacher's favorites things and their interests in order to better love and serve them.
3 STEPS TO KNOW YOUR TEACHERS BETTER FOR HOLIDAY GIVING:
- Log in at projectknown.com
- Join Group (search groups for "WCA Upper School" and use access code: wcalionsus or "WCA Lower School" with access code: wcalionsls )
- Find your teacher and learn more about them!
If you don't find a profile you're looking for, stay tuned, most have completed their profiles, and we are working on the rest!
Winter Formal 2020
The annual Westminster Formal will take place in the Westminster gym on Friday, December 18th, from 7:00 - 10:00 pm. Students must register for the formal online and can access the registration form here using the Westminster email account. All non-WCA guests must complete the guest form (linked here) and submit it to Mrs. Boswell by Friday, December 11th.
The cost is $15 per person if paid by December 11th. After that, tickets are available at the door for $20. Payment for advanced tickets can be made with cash or check (given to Mrs. Boswell).
Don't worry, you haven't missed the opportunity to place your yearbook orders! In fact, the deadline is February 26th, 2021. However, if you do it today, you won't have to think about it again.
Please know that yearbooks must be ordered in advance and are not typically available for last minute purchase. The cost is $70 per yearbook and for your convenience, Jostens offers a split payment option at checkout if desired.
Follow the link below to order yours today and mark this off your 20201 "to-do" list!
Jostens - WCA Online Yearbook Order
Lunch Bunch & After School Sign-Up
Due to current restrictions, parents are asked to register for Lunch Bunch and After School a week in advance by following the link and instructions below. Please know that AfterSchool will not be available on Friday, December 18th.
- Click the link: Lunch Bunch & After School Registration
- Click the date your child will need to attend. If your child will attend every day of the month, or the same days each week, you may select "repeats" and choose daily or weekly. If Lunch Bunch or After School reach max capacity, you will see a red message that says "FULL" on the day.
- Click on the "Calendar" box and select "LB/AS SIGN UP"
- Type student name(s) into the "Who" box
- Type LB for Lunch Bunch, AS for After School or LB/AS for Both
Please contact Libba Roberts (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Abby Bartelt (email@example.com) with any questions regarding Lunch Bunch or After School.