This Week at WCA - December 2
It's a Holiday Sale!
Just in time for your Christmas shopping, the WCA School Store will hold a Holiday Sale with special hours and special deals on Thursday, December 10th.
Stop by the gym to shop for your family from 7:30 until 9 am and 2 until 3 pm in the gym. See you there!
Upper School Final Exams: Things to Know
The first semester final exams for upper school students (grades 6–12) are scheduled for December 16th — 18th.
For planning purposes, please know that upper school students will be dismissed early all three days. The purpose of early dismissal is to provide an opportunity for students to meet with teachers should they have questions or would like additional help prior to the exam.
- Upper School early dismissal as follows:
- Students will be dismissed at 11:15am on Wednesday the 16h & Thursday the 17th
- Students will be dismissed at 9:35 am on Friday.
- 6th and 7th grade students do not have exams on Friday, so those students should stay home that day.
- Upper School Learning Support Students schedules are different. Please see email from Keyla Carson.
- Students must be picked up when exams are over unless they have a practice right after school.
Follow this link for the first semester final exam schedule.
Parents of Learning Support students received an email from Keyla Carson regarding details for testing days. If you have not already done so, please fill out the Google Form attached to that email as soon as possible.
December 18th for the Lower School
On Friday, December 18th, the Lower School will be filled with excited children ready for Christmas break to begin! Here's what you need to know as you make your plans:
Christmas Celebrations: On this Friday before break, all lower school students will be celebrating Christmas with their teachers and classmates. Please know that these celebrations will be different from previous years because they have to be. Look for an email from your child's teacher in the coming days with information.
Early Dismissal: All WCA students will be dismissed at 9:30 am to begin their Christmas break!
No AfterSchool: The After School program will not be available on this day so please make arrangements to pick up your child(dren) at 9:30 am.
Seniors & Parents
It's time to take care of some necessary items for the Class of 2021!
Caps & Gowns: Jostens' will be on campus tomorrow, December 3rd, to collect all caps and gowns orders for the Class of 2021. The representative will be set up in the gym beginning at 11:30.
Class Rings: Any high school student interested in purchasing a class ring may visit jostens.com for ordering information. If you would like to speak with a Jostens' representative, one will be in the gym during lunch on Thursday, December 3rd.
Questions? Contact Tollie Ediger firstname.lastname@example.org.
Winter Formal 2020
The annual Westminster Formal will take place in the Westminster gym on Friday, December 18th, from 7:00 - 10:00 pm. Students must register for the formal online and can access the registration form here using the Westminster email account. All non-WCA guests must complete the guest form (linked here) and submit it to Mrs. Boswell by Friday, December 11th.
The cost is $15 per person if paid by December 11th. After that, tickets are available at the door for $20. Payment for advanced tickets can be made with cash or check (given to Mrs. Boswell).
Lunch Bunch & After School Sign-Up
Due to current restrictions, parents are asked to register for Lunch Bunch and After School a week in advance by following the link and instructions below. Please know that AfterSchool will not be available on Friday, December 18th.
- Click the link: Lunch Bunch & After School Registration
- Click the date your child will need to attend. If your child will attend every day of the month, or the same days each week, you may select "repeats" and choose daily or weekly. If Lunch Bunch or After School reach max capacity, you will see a red message that says "FULL" on the day.
- Click on the "Calendar" box and select "LB/AS SIGN UP"
- Type student name(s) into the "Who" box
- Type LB for Lunch Bunch, AS for After School or LB/AS for Both
Please contact Libba Roberts (email@example.com) or Abby Bartelt (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions regarding Lunch Bunch or After School.