This Week at WCA - October 21st
MS Academic Day Success
Our middle school academic team attended the GAPPS regional competition last week and did very well!
Math Bowl Team - First Place - Lily Atkinson, Gardner Clement, Lane Mulkey & Thrasher Wilkins
History Bowl Team - First Place - William Hall, Walker Allen, Maggie Ediger, Elec Hunt & Samuel Chapman
Geography Bee - First Place, Samuel Chapman; Second Place, William Hall; Fifth Place, Walker Allen
Congratulations to all participants and faculty sponsors!
November Lunch Orders ~ Now Open
Boonli.com is now open for your November lunch orders! The deadline for placing orders is next Wednesday, October 28th at midnight.
If you have an existing Boonli.com account, your log-in will remain the same. Please note, existing account holders have to update profiles for each student before you can see the menus.
If you are new to the WCA community, or if this is your first time placing an order, please follow these steps:
- Go to Boonli.com
- Click the link to "Log In" at the top of the page
- Enter the password for our school - WCA319
- Follow prompts to complete your registration including profiles for each of your students.
- Order lunches for each student. (lunches are ordered by the month in advance)
- Be sure to go to checkout and pay after you've made your selections. Your order is not placed until it's paid for!
If you have any questions about this process, please contact Tami Butts - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Getting Ready for Parent Teacher Conferences
We have now finished our first quarter of the school year and that means it's time for parent teacher conferences. Conferences begin on Wednesday, October 28th (Lower School, beginning at 3) and Thursday, October 29th (Lower & Upper Schools beginning at 12:20; All School Early Dismissal Day). Here's what you need to know:
Early Dismissal Day:
In order to facilitate parent teacher conferences, all students will be dismissed early on Thursday, October 29th.
- Lower School - Dismissed at 11:30 am
- Upper School (MS & HS) - Dismissed at Noon
- At least one parent of each lower school student (preK through 5th) is expected to meet with their child's teacher at the end of the first quarter.
- Conferences will be held on Wednesday, October 28th (after school) and Thursday, October 29th (beginning at 12:20 pm), in order to accommodate all parents.
- Please remember that all parents should wear a mask when inside the building.
- Follow this link - Lower School Parent Teacher Conference Sign Up - to sign up for your conference time and please read the instructions carefully at the top of the sign up sheet. The last day to sign up for your conference time is Monday, October 26th. After that date, the sign up sheet will be locked.
- The after school program will run on Thursday the 29th. Please utilize the After School online sign up - Lunch Bunch & After School Registration
- Upper school parent teacher conferences are held on an as requested basis.
- Faculty members will be available for conferences beginning at 12:20 pm on Thursday, October 29th.
- Please use this link - Upper School Conference Signup - to schedule a conference with the teachers with whom you would like to meet.
- If a teacher no longer has availability that works with your schedule, please contact that teacher directly via email to schedule your meeting.
Lower School Fall Festival
We will be celebrating the long anticipated arrival of Fall 2020 on Friday, October 30th, with our Lower School Fall Festival. There will be games, hay rides, prizes and fun!
- Fall Festival will begin at 9 am, the school day begins at 8 am as usual.
- Lower School students may wear festive fall/pumpkin patch clothing but NOT costumes please.
- Don't forget our canned food drive to benefit ACTS Oconee Food Pantry (Area Churches Together Serving). Each lower school classroom will receive one point per food item donated. The items most needed by ACTS are canned meats, beef stew, peanut butter, canned fruit, sloppy joe, boxed mac & cheese, canned sweet peas, pork & beans, tomato sauce, hearty soups.
- Students will be dismissed at 11:30 am. Please know that the after school program will be available beginning after dismissal. Pre-registration is required. Follow this link to register - Lunch Bunch & After School Registration.
After School Program on Early Dismissal Days
For the lower school, next Thursday and Friday are both early dismissal days. The after school program will be available on these days beginning immediately after dismissal at 11:30. If you would like to register your child, please follow this link - Lunch Bunch & After School Registration. Also, please know that you will need to provide a lunch for your child if they are staying for after school.
Operation Christmas Child ~ 2020 Edition
This year so many things we typically do are either being canceled or being done differently and WCA's Operation Christmas Child is no exception!
Since we will not be able to hold our traditional packing day this year, there are two options available for our families to still be able to participate in this wonderful ministry.
Option 1 - Pack a shoebox at home & bring to WCA the week of November 16th.
Option 2 - Pack a box online for a $25 donation.
Please follow this link for additional details. Now, more than ever, children around the world need hope!
PSAT Testing Day
Get your #2 pencils ready because Thursday, October 29th, is PSAT testing day for grades 8-11. Here's what you need to know:
- On the morning of the test, students need to report to their testing rooms by 7:50 am. Room assignments for testing students will be posted by Tuesday the 27th.
- Please bring 2, #2 pencils (no mechanical pencils please), an approved calculator and a water bottle.
- Students will be dismissed at noon after testing.
Please contact Kelly Cole - email@example.com - if you have any questions.
Lunch Bunch & After School Sign-Up
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, parents are asked to register for Lunch Bunch and After School a week in advance by following the link and instructions below.
- Click the link: Lunch Bunch & After School Registration
- Click the date your child will need to attend. If your child will attend every day of the month, or the same days each week, you may select "repeats" and choose daily or weekly. If Lunch Bunch or After School reach max capacity, you will see a red message that says "FULL" on the day.
- Click on the "Calendar" box and select "LB/AS SIGN UP"
- Type student name(s) into the "Who" box
- Type LB for Lunch Bunch, AS for After School or LB/AS for Both
Please contact Libba Roberts (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Abby Bartelt (email@example.com) with any questions regarding Lunch Bunch or After School.