WCA Weekly News & Announcements August 21st
Lower School Parents' Night Orientation
Parents' Night Orientation for our lower school will be Thursday, August 22nd beginning at 6:30 pm in your student(s) classroom.
This event will give parents and teachers the opportunity to talk about curriculum goals and to set course/classroom expectations. We strongly encourage at least one parent to attend. Thank you for your assistance helping to make this event a success!
Boonli.com Now Open for September Lunch Orders
Yes, we did just do this but now it's time to order lunches for September deliveries!
You can place your orders beginning today on Boonli.com for September. The deadline for ordering will be next Wednesday, August 28th at midnight.
New this month is the Cobb Salad from Chick fil A with your choice of avocado lime ranch or garlic herb ranch.
If you have an existing Boonli.com account, your log-in will remain the same. Please note, existing account holders have to update profiles for each student before you can see the menus.
If you are new to the WCA community, or if this is your first time placing an order, please follow these steps:
- Go to https://www.boonli.com
- Click the link to "Register" at the top of the page
- Enter the password for our school - WCA319
- Follow prompts to complete your registration including profiles for each of your students.
- Order lunches for each student. (lunches are ordered by the month in advance)
- Be sure to go to checkout and pay after you've made your selections. Your order is not placed until it's paid for!
If you have any questions about this process, please contact Tami Butts - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Intramural Soccer @ WCA
Fall at WCA means it's time for intramural soccer on Friday nights. This five week soccer training for students K - 5th is designed to teach the fundamentals of soccer while having a great time.
Sessions will be held on Friday nights from September 6th through October 4th. (Skipping September 27th due to SharpTop) Participants are requested to bring their own ball and be ready to work hard and play hard. Participation fee is $60 and will be billed to parents' FACTS account.
Registration is now available online by following the link below. The deadline to register is August 30th.
Please submit one registration for each participating student.
New Moms' Coffee
Is this your first year at Westminster? Then you are invited to join us for our New Moms' Coffee next Tuesday, August 27th. This time of fellowship will begin at 8 am in the Administrative Building.
So, drop the kid(s) off and take a few minutes for yourself to enjoy a cup of coffee, conversation and a delicious treat!
Parents' Prayer Time
One of the most important things we can do for our community is to cover it with prayer. A group of WCA parents meets once a week to do just that - pray for our students, faculty, staff and families.
All Westminster parents are invited to join together on Thursday mornings beginning September 5th. This time of prayer is held in the Tech Lab (located in the administrative building) beginning at 7:35 and ending at 8:00. Can't make it every week? Then please come whenever your schedule allows. Your presence will be greatly appreciated!
We are excited to announce a new event designed to be an avenue of communication with our families regarding programs and initiatives at Westminster. And, of course, this is best done over a good cup of coffee!
The first Connection Café will take place on Friday, September 6 at 7:50 am in the Tech Lab (Administrative Building). At this first meeting, Mr. Clark will be sharing with you plans for the expansion of our campus and facilities. Please mark this on your calendar and join us to learn more about the exciting opportunities for our school and community. We look forward to seeing you there!
Work Crew Volunteers Needed
The upper school students get to go on retreat to learn and have fun. The parent volunteers get to go on retreat as well, but there's one stipulation . . . they have to work!
We need a few more parent volunteers to help with our Upper School Impact Retreat coming up September 25th - 27th. Volunteer duties mostly revolve around preparing and serving meals. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Tollie Ediger, email@example.com.
Thank you for your consideration!
Help Earn Donations for WCA
We all have to shop and when you do, you can use your purchases to earn donations for WCA. Companies such as Publix, Kroger and Amazon donate monies to our school based on your purchases. Please take a moment to be sure your donation dollars from these companies are designated to WCA. Your efforts are greatly appreciated!
- Sign up for a Publix.com account.
- Go to your settings and select Westminster Christian Academy as your PublixPartner.
- Simply enter your phone number at checkout.
Kroger Community Rewards:
- Have a Kroger Plus card.
- Sign in to your account at Kroger.com Community Rewards
- Follow prompts to link your Kroger Plus Card to Westminster Christian Academy.
- Support WCA by shopping on AmazonSmile.com (not Amazon.com) and designating our school as your donation recipient.
- Use this link to support WCA on Amazon - AmazonSmile WCA
- Enjoy shopping as usual and earn donation dollars for WCA!
As we go through our days, please remember to keep the following WCA families in your prayers. Also, please email Tami Butts (firstname.lastname@example.org) with updated and/or new prayer requests. It is an honor to pray for each other.
- Please be in continued prayer for Kim Hardwick, WCA teacher, who has undergone treatment for recurrent melanoma. Following successful treatment, Kim is having scans every three months to verify the absence of disease. Her next scan is in September. Thank you for remembering her husband, Steve and their children (Ben - Class of 2018, Anna - 11th, Cary - 8th and Ella - 4th) during this time. Kim has set up a caring bridge site where she can share information about her journey. Caring Bridge for Kim Hardwick
- Please continue to pray for our art teacher, Jackie Kirsche, as she walks through her cancer journey. Her treatments have been very successful. She is currently being closely monitored for any changes in her tumor markers which might require further treatment. Thank you for remembering Jackie, her husband Kevin and children Berkley (class of 2013), Sierra (class of 2016) and Hadley (class of 2018).
- Please be in continued prayer for Brent Weatherly and his family as he battles cancer. He is going to undergo major surgery in the coming weeks to try to remove his tumor. You can follow his journey and receive specific prayer requests by subscribing to his blog - http://dbw26.wordpress.com.
Prayer requests are included here at the request, or with the permission of the family.