WCA Weekly News & Announcements, August 14th
Back to School Bash
Join us on the lawn of the Field House for our annual Back to School Bash this Friday, August 16th. New for this year, ALL food will be provided by WCA so you only need to bring yourself, your families and a blanket or lawn chairs for seating. The food line will begin at 5:30 pm.
We look forward to seeing you there for this time of fellowship and fun as be kick off a great year at Westminster Christian.
Parents' Night Orientation
Next week we will hold our Parents' Night Orientations. These events give parents and teachers the opportunity to talk about curriculum goals and to set course/classroom expectations.
Upper School parents (grades 6-12) will walk through their student(s) schedule to meet with each teacher. Lower School parents will meet with in their student(s) classroom.
Upper School Parents' Night - Monday, August 19 @ 6:30 pm
Lower School Parents' Night - Thursday, August 22 @ 6:30 pm
Boonli.com Deadline for August Lunch Orders - TODAY!
Don't miss out on August lunch deliveries! The deadline for August lunch orders is tonight, Wednesday, August 14th at midnight.
If you have an existing Boonli.com account, your log-in will remain the same. Please note, existing account holders have to update profiles for each student before you can see the menus.
If you are new to the WCA community, or if this is your first time placing an order, please follow these steps:
- Go to https://www.boonli.com
- Click the link to "Register" at the top of the page
- Enter the password for our school - WCA319
- Follow prompts to complete your registration including profiles for each of your students.
- Order lunches for each student
- Be sure to go to checkout and pay after you've made your selections. Your order is not placed until it's paid for!
If you have any questions about this process, please contact Tami Butts - email@example.com.
WCA School Store
The school store will be open Thursday morning from 7:30 - 8:15 am. Be sure to stop by if you need to exchange a size or just want to purchase great spirit wear for your family!
Beginning next week the store will resume normal operating hours of Tuesday and Thursday from 7:30 - 8:15 am.
Did something you want sell out before you could find your size? Don't worry, we will be re-stocking soon and adding new items so be sure to check back with us!
Lunch Volunteers Needed
Are you looking for an opportunity to volunteer on campus? We need a few parents to help organize and distribute student lunches. This is typically about a 30-minute commitment, one day a week. If you are interested in helping us in this capacity, please contact Tollie Ediger, firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your consideration!
Prayer Requests for Weekly Announcements
One of the joys of being a part of the WCA community is that we have the privilege of praying for each other. As a part of our weekly announcements, we include prayer requests submitted from WCA families. If you have a prayer request to share with our school community, please email Tami Butts, email@example.com, to be included in the upcoming weekly announcements. Please know that prayer requests are included at the request of, or with the permission of, the family.
Follow us on Social Media
Are you on social media? Then be sure to follow Westminster Christian Academy on your favorite platform and get all the latest information about what's happening on our campus.
- Twitter - @WCA_Lions
- Instagram - wcalions
- Facebook - Westminster Christian Academy
As we go through our days, please remember to keep the following WCA families in your prayers. Also, please email Tami Butts (firstname.lastname@example.org) with updated and/or new prayer requests. It is an honor to pray for each other.
- Please be in continued prayer for Kim Hardwick, WCA teacher, who has undergone treatment for recurrent melanoma. Following successful treatment, Kim is having scans every three months to verify the absence of disease. Her next scan is in September. Thank you for remembering her husband, Steve and their children (Ben - Class of 2018, Anna - 11th, Cary - 8th and Ella - 4th) during this time. Kim has set up a caring bridge site where she can share information about her journey. Caring Bridge for Kim Hardwick
- Please continue to pray for our art teacher, Jackie Kirsche, as she walks through her cancer journey. Her treatments have been very successful. She is currently being closely monitored for any changes in her tumor markers which might require further treatment. Thank you for remembering Jackie, her husband Kevin and children Berkley (class of 2013), Sierra (class of 2016) and Hadley (class of 2018).
- Please be in continued prayer for Brent Weatherly and his family as he battles cancer. He is going to undergo major surgery in the coming weeks to try to remove his tumor. You can follow his journey and receive specific prayer requests by subscribing to his blog - http://dbw26.wordpress.com.
Prayer requests are included here at the request, or with the permission of the family.