This Week at WCA, March 4, 2020
WCA Students attend GUNA
Westminster Christian Academy sent four ambassadors to the Center for Civic Engagement's annual Georgia United Nations Assembly in Atlanta. Ambassadors each represented a country, proposed resolutions, and debated on the floor at this mock United Nations conference.
Sami Haymore and Skylar Kirpatrick represented the Republic of Moldova. Lexi Farr and Mary Caroline McCormack represented the Domincan Republic. Lexi Farr also served as a committee chairman. Thank you all for representing Westminster so well!
Lost & Found
The hot, the cold, the WET . . . this Georgia weather is requiring a lot of clothing changes. This means many articles of clothing are left behind!
The bins are emptied and items are displayed in the gym through the end of the day on Friday. Please either stop by or have your student look and see if any of your missing items are there! As always, unclaimed items will be donated.
The upper school pick-up in the afternoon has been more hectic than usual lately and we need your help.
Your adherence to the following procedures will help ensure the safety of students and parents and help pick-up to run smoothly.
- Upper school pick-up begins at 2:45.
- Parents picking up their student(s) should not park in the circle and get out of their vehicle. If you need to park, please utilize the parking lot.
- Upper School student(s) should be picked up in the traffic circle or from cars parked in the parking lot only. Please do not block the driveway before the circle picking up your student(s).
Thank you all for your assistance with following these policies!
SAT @ WCA for 10th & 11th Graders - Y/N Response Needed
The SAT: 10th and 11th graders need to take it and here's an opportunity to take it at "home". The SAT Test will be given on Tuesday, April 28th at Westminster to all 10th and 11th grade students who want to take the test. Students are known to test better in a known and comfortable setting, and we are excited to be able to offer this option to our families.
Things to Know:
- The test is the same as the SAT that is given on Saturdays.
- We are giving the SAT without the essay.
- Cost is $46
- Testing is from 7:45 am – 12:30 pm and students may leave for the day when testing is finished.
- You do not have to sign up through the College Board, WCA will handle all registration.
- Students can prepare through Khan Academy using their PSAT scores as a baseline. This is very beneficial in preparing for the exam.
- The deadline for responding is next Friday, March 6th.
- Your FACTS account will be charged for testing.
- Follow this link to respond regarding participation: SAT @ WCA - April 28th - Participation Y/N
We are hoping that this service will be helpful for you and your family. Please contact Kelly Cole, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any questions.
As we go through our days, please remember to keep the following WCA families in your prayers. Also, please email Tami Butts (email@example.com) with updated and/or new prayer requests. It is an honor to pray for each other.
- Please see the message below from the Grace family (Lewis, Amy, Hunter 9th and Trevor 8th) and keep them in your prayers. Amy has been battling breast cancer and is undergoing an aggressive treatment regimen.
Thank you for the outpouring of love, meals, prayers and messages from our WCA family! We're so grateful for them all. Please continue to pray for us, as Amy continues to push through her breast cancer journey. She has already tackled 16 weeks of chemotherapy with just 4 weeks left before surgery and radiation. Prayers for peace, wisdom, complete healing and restored health are greatly appreciated.
- Please be in prayer for the Kreiger family as they are walking through Anderson's (11th grade) recurrence of leukemia. Anderson has begun the process of receiving CAR-T cell therapy which engineers his own cells to fight the leukemia cells. While he waits for this process, Anderson will be continuing chemotherapy treatments. Sally (Teacher, 1st Grade) has decided to take a leave of absence for the remainder of the year. She is posting updates and immediate prayer concerns through the Caring Bridge website and on the Facebook page, Team Anderson. Thank you for keeping Sally, Jon, Anderson and Ian (WCA Class of 2018) in your prayers.
- Please continue to pray for our art teacher, Jackie Kirsche, as she walks through her cancer recurrence. Jackie is currently undergoing chemotherapy treatments which are thankfully being effective against her cancer! Her last treatment is scheduled for this Friday. She has had to endure problems with her port that have required hospital visits to try and correct. Please pray that this last treatment goes smoothly and effectively. Thank you for remembering Jackie, her husband Kevin and children Berkley (class of 2013), Sierra (class of 2016) and Hadley (class of 2018) in your prayers.
- Please be in continued prayer for Kim Hardwick, WCA teacher, who has undergone treatment for recurrent melanoma. Kim's next scan is scheduled for early April. Thank you for remembering her husband, Steve and their children (Ben - Class of 2018, Anna - 11th, Cary - 8th and Ella - 6th) during this time. Kim has set up a caring bridge site where she can share information about her journey.
Prayer requests are included here at the request, or with the permission of the family.