This Week at WCA, February 19th
WCA Teams in the Final Four
Final Four Girls - WCA is there.
Final Four Boys - WCA is there too!
With both varsity teams advancing to the final four in the GAPPS DI-AA state tournament, Thursday the 20th will be an exciting day for our school! Here's what you need to know:
- Girls vs. Lafayette - 5:30 pm
- Boys vs. Cornerstone Prep - 8:30 pm
- Admission Fees - $10 adult, $7 student
Both games will be played at Central Georgia Tech in Macon (1780 Anthony Road, Macon GA). If your student has signed up to ride in either the fan bus or fan van, Mr. Clark will be communicating with you directly regarding the final details. Look forward to seeing you there!
For many, it'll be a late night so . . .
Due to the number of students and families impacted by this late-night event, we will be delaying the start of school on Friday until 9 AM. Middle school and high school students will not have chapel/small groups on Friday so there will be no impact on their academic time. Lower school students will have chapel at 9:00 on Friday morning.
Please know that if the delayed start creates and inconvenience for your family due to your work schedule, contact Tiffany Rasmussen (Lower School) or Tollie Ediger (Upper School) so that we can assist you with alternative arrangements.
Show Your Spirit
To cheer on our Lions, Thursday the 20th, will be a school spirit day and students are encouraged to wear their favorite WCA spirit wear! We would love to see a lot of Blue and Gold in the stands on Thursday night in Macon! Go Lions!!
2020 Book Fair - Next Week
Next week the lower school hallway will be full of more books than usual as we hold our annual book fair. This year, Westminster will be hosting a Follett Book Fair all next week, February 24th-28th, from 7:30 am-3:00 pm each day in the lower school hallway. Make your plans now to stop by and explore with your elementary student. This is a great time to add to your home libraries while supporting our school library.
Celebrate Seuss with a Parade!
Last year we saw Mary Poppins, Viola Swamp, Cat in the Hat and a headless pair of pants! What will this year bring?
Join us Friday morning, February 28th as we celebrate Read Across America Day in honor of Dr. Seuss' birthday with our annual lower school Book Character Parade. The parade will be held at 11:30 am in the traffic circle. All lower school students are encouraged to dress up as their favorite book character while we celebrate reading and parents are encouraged to attend and cheer!
Thank you in advance for your support of the Westminster library, books, and reading.
The month of March is quickly approaching and that means that Boonli.com is now open for your March lunch orders. The deadline for placing orders will be next Wednesday, the 26th at midnight.
First time placing an order? Here's what you need to know:
- Go to Boonli.com
- Click the link to "Register" at the top of the page
- Enter the password for our school - WCA319
- Follow prompts to complete your registration including profiles for each of your students.
- Order lunches for each student. (lunches are ordered by the month in advance)
- Be sure to go to checkout and pay after you've made your selections. Your order is not placed until it's paid for!
If you have any questions about this process, please contact Tami Butts - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Preparing for the Dominican
The WCA Senior class will be traveling to the Dominican Republic to serve on a short-term missions trip March 27th - April 4th. One of the most impactful things the team does is to go door to door distributing gift bags. This close, personal contact provides our students with amazing opportunities to visit and pray with the local people.
In order to fill the 100 bags the team is taking to the Dominican, your help is needed. The gift bags are filled with useful items such as toothpaste and wash clothes along with a couple of fun items like candies and hair bands. To sign up to donate items, please follow the link below:
For additional details on this part of the mission trip, please follow this link for a letter from team leader, Tiffany Haymore.
As we go through our days, please remember to keep the following WCA families in your prayers. Also, please email Tami Butts (email@example.com) with updated and/or new prayer requests. It is an honor to pray for each other.
- Please be in prayer for the Kreiger family as they are walking through Anderson's (11th grade) recurrence of leukemia. Anderson is in the hospital today beginning the process for CAR-T cell therapy which is intended to bring his leukemia counts to zero in preparation for a bone marrow transplant. Please pray that this cell therapy will be successful and that the right donor will be available to facilitate Anderson's healing. Sally (Teacher, 1st Grade) is posting updates and immediate prayer concerns through the Caring Bridge website and on the Facebook page, Team Anderson. Thank you for keeping Sally, Jon, Anderson and Ian (WCA Class of 2018) in your prayers.
- Please continue to pray for our art teacher, Jackie Kirsche, as she walks through her cancer recurrence. Jackie is currently undergoing chemotherapy treatments which are thankfully being effective against her cancer! She will be finished with this round of treatments by the middle of March as long as her treatments stay on track. Specific prayer requests are that her body continues to tolerate the treatments with minimal side effects and that she is protected from germs during this time of the year when they are so easily shared. Thank you for remembering Jackie, her husband Kevin and children Berkley (class of 2013), Sierra (class of 2016) and Hadley (class of 2018).
- Please be in continued prayer for Kim Hardwick, WCA teacher, who has undergone treatment for recurrent melanoma. Kim is being scanned every three months with her last scans in December showing no sign of disease! Thank you for remembering her husband, Steve and their children (Ben - Class of 2018, Anna - 11th, Cary - 8th and Ella - 6th) during this time. Kim has set up a caring bridge site where she can share information about her journey.
Prayer requests are included here at the request, or with the permission of the family.