This Week at WCA. January 29, 2020
They are the Champions!
Congratulations to our 4th and 5th grade girls basketball team who won the NEGFL Championship this past weekend! Congratulations and well done!
MS Lions Compete for Region Championships
Join us this Thursday, January 30th to cheer on our MS basketball teams as they play in region championship games at home. Go Lions!
- MS Girls vs. St. Joseph's - 4:30
- MS Boys vs. Bethlehem - 5:30
For full bracket information, please follow the links below:
Re-Enrollment for 2020-2021
Thank you to all of our families who have completed their re-enrollment packets for 2020-21! For those of you who have not taken a moment to complete this process, here are upcoming deadlines:
- The early re-enrollment deadline to receive discounted fees is this Friday, January 31st. If your packet is completed by the 31st, you will receive the discounted enrollment fees of $75 ($200 maximum per family). Please note that the fees will increase to $175 ($450 maximum per family) as of February 1st.
- Three WCA families who complete re-enrollment by midnight tonight, January 29th, will have their re-enrollment fees waived! All families who have completed the re-enrollment process by midnight on Wednesday will be entered to win the drawing.
If you have any questions, please contact Laura Briscoe, email@example.com.
Senior Night &
Friday Night H o o p l a
This Friday night, WCA Senior basketball players will be honored for their contribution to the game between the Varsity Girls and the Varsity Boys games (around 7:30). Also, it's the last H o o p l a night of the season with expanded concessions beginning at 5 pm from Brett's Casual American!
Take the night off from your kitchen and make your plans now to join us for the evening of fun, food and fellowship! Be sure that lower school students sign in to receive credit for being there for the attendance competition.
February Lunch Orders
The deadline for ordering February lunches is tonight at midnight. Here's the how-to for those who may need to know:
- Go to Boonli.com
- Click the link to "Register" at the top of the page
- Enter the password for our school - WCA319
- Follow prompts to complete your registration including profiles for each of your students.
- Order lunches for each student. (lunches are ordered by the month in advance)
- Be sure to go to checkout and pay after you've made your selections. Your order is not placed until it's paid for!
If you have any questions about this process, please contact Tami Butts - firstname.lastname@example.org.
WCA Dad's, hope you're getting your dancing shoes ready because our annual Father-Daughter Dance is coming up on Saturday, February 8th. All WCA dads and daughters, PreK through 12th, are invited and encouraged to attend.
Tickets are $10 each, not to exceed $30 per family. Registration forms are available by following this link - Father-Daughter Dance 2020 Registration. Follow this link for an information sheet that can help you as you make your plans for this special night.
For this event, the gym is beautifully transformed to honor this special evening. However, this transformation takes many hands to accomplish. If you are able to volunteer to help with decorating, craft table, food or takedown, please follow this link to sign up - Father Daughter Dance 2020 Volunteer Sign Up
Field Day Planning
It may seem early, but parent volunteers are busy planning for Field Day 2020. This year's event is scheduled for Friday, April 24th - so, mark your calendars!
Many hands are needed to ensure that this day runs smoothly for our student body. If you can volunteer for this fun in the sun, please contact Elizabeth Clement, email@example.com. Thank you for being forward-thinking and signing up to help!
As we go through our days, please remember to keep the following WCA families in your prayers. Also, please email Tami Butts (firstname.lastname@example.org) with updated and/or new prayer requests. It is an honor to pray for each other.
- Please be in prayer for the Kreiger family as they are walking through Anderson's (11th grade) recurrence of leukemia. The big news for this week is that Anderson is at home. His counts have recovered enough so that the doctors were comfortable releasing him. His treatment plan will evolve in the coming days and weeks and will ultimately include a bone marrow transplant. Please be in prayer that the right donor will be available to facilitate Anderson's healing. Sally (Teacher, 1st Grade) is posting updates and immediate prayer concerns through the Caring Bridge website. Anyone wishing to support the Kriegers during this time, please contact 1st-grade parent, Heather Watson - email@example.com - who is coordinating efforts. Additionally, if you would like to support the Krieger's by providing them a meal, please sign up by following this link - Krieger Meal Sign Up. Thank you for keeping Sally, Jon, Anderson and Ian (WCA Class of 2018) in your prayers.
- Please continue to pray for our art teacher, Jackie Kirsche, as she walks through her cancer recurrence. Jackie is currently undergoing chemotherapy treatments and the wonderful news is that recent test results indicate that the treatments are being effective against her cancer. Specific prayer requests are that these chemotherapy drugs will continue to prove effective against her cancer, that her side effects will be minimized and that her immune system will be protected during this time of year when germs are so easily shared. Thank you for remembering Jackie, her husband Kevin and children Berkley (class of 2013), Sierra (class of 2016) and Hadley (class of 2018).
- Please be in continued prayer for Kim Hardwick, WCA teacher, who has undergone treatment for recurrent melanoma. Kim's December scans showed no sign of disease. This is a huge praise and answer to prayers! Thank you for remembering her husband, Steve and their children (Ben - Class of 2018, Anna - 11th, Cary - 8th and Ella - 6th) during this time. Kim has set up a caring bridge site where she can share information about her journey.
Prayer requests are included here at the request, or with the permission of the family.