This Week at WCA, December 11th
Juniors & Seniors Volunteer at Operation Christmas Child
WCA Juniors and Seniors loaded up early this morning and headed to Atlanta to volunteer at the Operation Christmas Child processing center. By all accounts, it was an amazing day preparing shipments of shoeboxes that will show the love of Jesus to children around the globe this Christmas!
Jittery Joes Student Art Exhibit - Artists' Reception
Take a break from your Christmas to-do list and stop by Jittery Joe's on Epps Bridge to enjoy WCA's Student Art Exhibit! The exhibit will be up through the month of December.
There will be an Artists' Reception this Sunday, December 15th, from 5 - 6:30 pm. Please join us to honor our talented students and enjoy your favorite Jit Joes!
Friday Night Christmas HOOPLA
This Friday night, December 13th, join us for Christmas Hoopla! You can enjoy expanded dinner concessions (burgers, hotdogs, cheese sticks, chicken fingers and fries) while watching our MS and V Lions take on Killian Hills. The first game, MS Girls, starts at 4 pm and the evening closes out with the Varsity Boys tip-off at 7:30 pm.
Do you have any tacky Christmas attire? If so, wear it and if it's tacky enough, you could win a prize! Also, this night counts in the Hoopla attendance competition for lower school classes. There will be someone at the admissions table for students to check in with for class credit.
As with all WCA athletic events, WCA students' admission is free and all adults are $5. We look forward to seeing you there for this time of fun, food, and fellowship while cheering on our Lions!
Order Lunches for January 2020
It's time to order lunches for the month of January. After the break, you'll be thankful you did! Boonli.com will be open for ordering beginning today with the deadline of next Wednesday, December 18th, at midnight.
If this is your first time placing an order, please follow these steps:
- Go to Boonli.com
- Click the link to "Register" at the top of the page
- Enter the password for our school - WCA319
- Follow prompts to complete your registration including profiles for each of your students.
- Order lunches for each student. (lunches are ordered by the month in advance)
- Be sure to go to checkout and pay after you've made your selections. Your order is not placed until it's paid for!
If you have any questions about this process, please contact Tami Butts - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upper School Final Exams - Next Week
It's almost time to celebrate Christmas and enjoy a lovely, long break but first, all upper school students must get through exams! Final exams are scheduled for December 18th through the 20th for all students in grades 6 though 12.
Please know that students will be dismissed early on those days (see schedule below). The purpose of early dismissal is to provide an opportunity for students to meet with teachers should they have questions or would like additional help prior to the exam.
Please follow this link for a copy of the exam schedule: US First Semester Exam Schedule
If you have any questions, please contact Tollie Ediger, email@example.com
Early Dismissal Schedule for Next Week
In order to accommodate final exams and Christmas parties, there will be early dismissal days next week heading into Christmas Break. The dismissal schedule is as follows:
Wednesday, December 18th - Upper School Only, Dismissal at 11:15 am
Thursday, December 19th - Upper School Only, Dismissal at 11:15 am
Friday, December 20th - All School - Dismissal at 9:35 am
As we go through our days, please remember to keep the following WCA families in your prayers. Also, please email Tami Butts (firstname.lastname@example.org) with updated and/or new prayer requests. It is an honor to pray for each other.
- Please continue to pray for our art teacher, Jackie Kirsche, as she walks through her cancer journey. Jackie's recent scans showed that the immunotherapy treatments have not been successful. She has begun chemotherapy treatments. Specific prayer requests are that these chemotherapy drugs will be effective against her cancer and that her immune system will be protected during this time of year when germs are so easily shared. Thank you for remembering Jackie, her husband Kevin and children Berkley (class of 2013), Sierra (class of 2016) and Hadley (class of 2018).
- Please be in prayer for WCA parent, Jeannie Shannon, (Alex - Class of 2018, Abi - 11th and Cole - 3rd) as she is treated for ongoing cardiac issues. Jeannie has been out of the hospital now for 5 weeks and is gaining strength. Pray that she continues to gain strength without relapse.
- Please be in continued prayer for Kim Hardwick, WCA teacher, who has undergone treatment for recurrent melanoma. Following successful treatment, Kim is having scans every three months to verify the absence of disease. Her next scan will be this month. Thank you for remembering her husband, Steve and their children (Ben - Class of 2018, Anna - 11th, Cary - 8th and Ella - 6th) during this time. Kim has set up a caring bridge site where she can share information about her journey.
Prayer requests are included here at the request, or with the permission of the family.