This Week at WCA December 4th
Christmas Concert - Come Celebrate With Us
Tomorrow night, our elementary and middle school students will be in their Holiday finery, ready to bring to you the WCA 2019 Christmas Concert. This event is a special time for us to come together to celebrate the birth of Christ and kick off the Christmas season. The program begins at 6:30 pm in the upper school gymnasium.
If you have a child performing tomorrow night, please follow the link below for information from Mrs. Wills regarding arrival time and attire:
Questions? Please contact Mary Claire Wills, WCA Music Teacher - email@example.com.
Grandparents Day 2019
Friday, December 6th, marks our annual Grandparents Day Celebration. This event is a wonderful time to welcome these special members of our community to our campus and share our school with them. The schedule is as follows:
- 8 – 8:30 am Coffee & Refreshments
- 8:30 am Grandparents Day Program
- After Program Classroom Visitation
- 10:30 am All Lower School Students Dismissed
- 11 am All Middle School Students Dismissed
We look forward to celebrating this day with you and yours!
Dress Code for Student Body
In honor of Grandparents Day, all middle school and elementary school students should wear Monday - Thursday uniform attire. (In some cases, lower school teachers may have communicated directly with parents regarding specific uniform requests.) Casual Friday and Spirit Wear Friday are suspended for this day.
Grandparents Day - need to know for Upper School
High School Students:
Not in the vein of Ferris Bueller . . . but, Friday, December 6th, will be an official day off for all WCA high school freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors! This will simplify activities on campus for Grandparents Day and allow us to have additional parking available for our guests. So, enjoy the early start to your weekend and use your time wisely studying, right?
Middle School Students:
All 6th, 7th and 8th grade students will be dismissed at 11 am on Friday, December 6th for Grandparents Day. If Grandparents would like to check them out earlier than the official dismissal time, they are of course, welcome to do so!
AfterSchool after Early Dismissal
Please know that our After School program will be available on Grandparents Day from 10:30 am through normal afternoon pick up time of 5:15 pm.
Questions? Please contact Libba Roberts, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday, December 6th is also the day our high school students will be getting their groove on at WCA's Winter Formal 2019!
This year's dance will be held at Hot Thomas Cotton Gin from 7 until 11 pm. Tickets are $25 each for early purchase in the school office and $30 at the door.
Jittery Joes Student Art Exhibit
Take a break from your Christmas to-do list and stop by Jittery Joe's on Epps Bridge to enjoy WCA's Student Art Exhibit! The exhibit will be up through the month of December. Look for details coming soon regarding an artist's reception to honor the participating students.
Taste of High School for Parents of 8th Graders
Our first Taste of High School event, for parents of current 8th graders, is scheduled for next Thursday, December 12th, 11:30 - 12:30, in the Tech Lab. Lunch will be served.
If you would like to attend, there's still time! Please follow the link below and sign up by this Friday, December 6th.
Questions? Contact Tollie Ediger (email@example.com).
Getting Ready for Final Exams
The first semester exams for upper school students (grades 6 - 12) are scheduled for December 18th - 20th.
Please know that students will be dismissed early on those days. The purpose of early dismissal is to provide an opportunity for students to meet with teachers should they have questions or would like additional help prior to the exam. The dismissal schedule is as follows:
- Wednesday, December 18 -- Dismissal at 11:15 a.m. (Upper School only)
- Thursday, December 19 -- Dismissal at 11:15 a.m. (Upper School only)
- Friday, December 20 -- Dismissal at 9:35 a.m. (All students -- Lower School and Upper School)
Please follow the link below for an exam schedule:
If you have any questions, please contact Tollie Ediger, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Juniors & Seniors Day at Operation Christmas Child
Next Wednesday, December 11th, all WCA Juniors and Seniors will be volunteering at the Atlanta Operation Christmas Child Processing Center.
If you have a Junior or Senior, here's what you need to know:
- Be at Westminster at 7:15 am to load on the buses
- Wear clothing appropriate for a warehouse environment. (Jeans, layers because it can tend to be colder, closed-toe shoes are a must).
- Leave all valuables at home.
- Bring money for lunch - Chick-fil-A will be available on-site or bring your lunch.
- We will arrive back at school before the end of the school day.
Questions? Please contact Kelly Cole, email@example.com.
PSAT NMSQT Scores
PSAT NMSQT Scores will be available online December 9th.
When your PSAT/NMSQT scores are ready for you to access, you will get an email with instructions on creating your College Board account, going to your online score report, and using your access code to view your scores.
Please know that PSAT 8/9 scores will be available in January.
As we go through our days, please remember to keep the following WCA families in your prayers. Also, please email Tami Butts (firstname.lastname@example.org) with updated and/or new prayer requests. It is an honor to pray for each other.
- Please continue to pray for our art teacher, Jackie Kirsche, as she walks through her cancer journey. Jackie's scans this week showed that the immunotherapy treatments have not been successful. She will begin chemotherapy treatments this Friday. Specific prayer requests are that these chemotherapy drugs will be effective against her cancer and that her immune system will be protected during this time of year when germs are so easily shared. Thank you for remembering Jackie, her husband Kevin and children Berkley (class of 2013), Sierra (class of 2016) and Hadley (class of 2018).
- Please continue to keep the Weatherly family - Kim, Joy, Caroline (11th), Samantha (NOHS 11th) and Owen (9th) - in your prayers as they grieve the passing of Brent. Anyone who would like to do something to help the family at this time could give gift cards for take-out dinner. Some suggestions might be Barberitos, Publix, Doughby's etc. and Watkinsville restaurants might be the most convenient for them. Please include any gift cards in a note and bring them to the school office.
- Please be in prayer for WCA parent, Jeannie Shannon, (Alex - Class of 2018, Abi - 11th and Cole - 3rd) as she is treated for ongoing cardiac issues. Jeannie has been in and out of the hospital over the past few months dealing with problems related to the electrical system that regulates a steady heartbeat. She has undergone multiple surgeries and continues to endure complications. Please pray for her and her family during this uncertain time and her medical team as they work to restore her health.
- Please be in continued prayer for Kim Hardwick, WCA teacher, who has undergone treatment for recurrent melanoma. Following successful treatment, Kim is having scans every three months to verify the absence of disease. Her next scan will be this month. Thank you for remembering her husband, Steve and their children (Ben - Class of 2018, Anna - 11th, Cary - 8th and Ella - 6th) during this time. Kim has set up a caring bridge site where she can share information about her journey.
Prayer requests are included here at the request, or with the permission of the family.