This Week at WCA November 20th
December Lunch Orders - Boonli.com Deadline Tonight
Tonight at midnight is the deadline to order lunches for the month of December!
If this is your first time placing an order, please follow these steps:
- Go to Boonli.com
- Click the link to "Register" at the top of the page
- Enter the password for our school - WCA319
- Follow prompts to complete your registration including profiles for each of your students.
- Order lunches for each student. (lunches are ordered by the month in advance)
- Be sure to go to checkout and pay after you've made your selections. Your order is not placed until it's paid for!
If you have any questions about this process, please contact Tami Butts - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Operation Christmas Child Packing Day THIS Friday
WCA lower school students will be packing boxes during the school-day on Friday, November 22nd.
If you still need to turn in your donations or would like to make a last minute donation to fill-in needed items, please follow the link below:
Contact WCA Parent Ali Gilliam email@example.com or Tiffany Rasmussen firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions. The children have so much fun packing these boxes! You are welcome to join us!
Westminster will be closed next week, November 25th-29th, for the Thanksgiving holiday. The school will resume normal operations on Monday, December 2nd. May this week be a time of gratitude as you celebrate!
It's beginning to sound a lot like Christmas . . .
It's almost time for Westminster's annual Christmas Concert. This event is a special time for us to come together to celebrate the birth of Christ and kick off the Christmas season. Join us on Thursday, December 5th, beginning at 6:30 pm.
For students participating in the performance, please see the dress code below:
Boys: khaki or black pants (no shorts), polo shirt, or long sleeve button down (Christmas ties or bowties are certainly welcome!) and nice dress shoes
Girls: nice pants, dresses or skirt/top, must be a modest length, Christmas or neutral colors, nice dress shoes or boots
Questions? Please contact Mary Claire Wills, WCA Music Teacher - email@example.com.
Grandparents Day 2019
Friday, December 6th, marks our annual Grandparents Day Celebration. This event is a wonderful time to welcome these special members of our community to our campus and share our school with them. The schedule is as follows:
- 8 – 8:30 am Coffee & Refreshments
- 8:30 am Grandparents Day Program
- After Program Classroom Visitation
- 10:30 am All Lower School Students Dismissed
- 11 am All Middle School Students Dismissed
We look forward to celebrating this day with you and yours!
AfterSchool after Early Dismissal
Please know that our After School program will be available on Grandparents Day from 10:30 am through normal afternoon pick up time of 5:15 pm.
Questions? Please contact Libba Roberts, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grandparents Day - need to know for Upper School
High School Students:
Not in the vein of Ferris Bueller . . . but, Friday, December 6th, will be an official day off for all WCA high school freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors! This will simplify activities on campus for Grandparents Day and allow us to have additional parking available for our guests. So, enjoy the early start to your weekend and use your time wisely studying, right?
Middle School Students:
All 6th, 7th and 8th grade students will be dismissed at 11 am on Friday, December 6th for Grandparents Day. If Grandparents would like to check them out earlier than the official dismissal time, they are of course, welcome to do so!
Friday, December 6th is also the day our high school students will be getting their groove on at WCA's Winter Formal 2019!
This year's dance will be held at Hot Thomas Cotton Gin from 7 until 11 pm. Tickets are $25 each for early purchase in the school office and $30 at the door.
Please Check Lost & Found
Before school closes for Thanksgiving Break, it's time yet again, to empty the lost and found bins!
Items will be on display for your perusal until end of the school day on Friday, November 22nd. As always, any unclaimed items will be donated.
As we go through our days, please remember to keep the following WCA families in your prayers. Also, please email Tami Butts (email@example.com) with updated and/or new prayer requests. It is an honor to pray for each other.
- After courageously fighting cancer for almost 7 years, Brent Weatherly passed away last week and is restored. Please pray for his wife Kim, and their children Joy, Caroline (11th), Samantha (NOHS 11th) and Owen (9th).
- Anyone who would like to do something to help the family at this time could give gift cards for take-out dinner. Some suggestions might be Barberitos, Publix, Doughby's etc. and Watkinsville restaurants might be the most convenient for them. Please include any gift cards in a note and bring them to the school office. There will be a meal train sign up that will begin in the near future. If you have questions, please contact Susan Snyder, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please be in prayer for WCA parent, Jeannie Shannon, (Alex - Class of 2018, Abi - 11th and Cole - 3rd) as she is treated for ongoing cardiac issues. Jeannie has been in and out of the hospital over the past few months dealing with problems related to the electrical system that regulates a steady heartbeat. She has undergone multiple surgeries and continues to endure complications. Please pray for her and her family during this uncertain time and her medical team as they work to restore her health.
- Please be in continued prayer for Kim Hardwick, WCA teacher, who has undergone treatment for recurrent melanoma. Following successful treatment, Kim is having scans every three months to verify the absence of disease. There is much to be thankful for as her most recent scans in September showed no evidence of disease! Thank you for remembering her husband, Steve and their children (Ben - Class of 2018, Anna - 11th, Cary - 8th and Ella - 6th) during this time. Kim has set up a caring bridge site where she can share information about her journey. Caring Bridge for Kim Hardwick
- Please continue to pray for our art teacher, Jackie Kirsche, as she walks through her cancer journey. Jackie's most recent scans showed a recurrence of her disease. She has begun immunotherapy treatments and will be receiving infusions every 3 weeks for the next couple of months. The doctors will be closely monitoring her to gauge the success of these new treatments and make adjustments if needed. Thank you for remembering Jackie, her husband Kevin and children Berkley (class of 2013), Sierra (class of 2016) and Hadley (class of 2018).
Prayer requests are included here at the request, or with the permission of the family.