This Week at WCA, October 16
WCA Hosts XC Varsity Region Meet
Tomorrow afternoon - Thursday, October 17th - Westminster will host teams from across our region for the GAPPS Division 1, Region 1 Varsity Meet.
Come out and support our student athletes on their home course as they run for regional placements and personal bests. They finally have temperatures conducive to running and a great opportunity to improve their times. Varsity girls start at 4 pm with the boys following at 4:30 pm. As always, parking will be at a premium so please carpool as you are able.
Parent Teacher Conferences Coming Up Soon
We have completed our first quarter of the school year and that means it's time for parent teacher conferences beginning on Wednesday, October 30th. Here's what you need to know:
Early Dismissal Day: In order to facilitate parent teacher conferences, all students will be dismissed early on Wednesday, October 30th.
- Lower School - Dismissed at 11:30 am
- Upper School (MS & HS) - Dismissed at Noon
Lower School: All Lower School parents (Pre-K through 5th) are expected to meet with their child's teacher at the end of the first quarter. Conferences will be held on Wednesday, October 30th and Thursday, October 31st, in order to accommodate all parents. Follow the link below to sign up for your conference time and please read the instructions carefully at the top of the sign up sheet:
Upper School: Upper school parent teacher conferences are held on an as requested basis. Faculty members will be available for conferences beginning at 12:30 pm on Wednesday, October 30th. If you need to meet with your student's teacher, please contact that teacher directly via email to schedule your meeting.
Make-up - Retake Picture Day
Did you miss school picture day or just not satisfied with your first pictures? If so, don't forget that next Tuesday, October 22nd, LifeTouch will be on campus for picture retakes and make-ups. If you have questions, please contact Tollie Ediger, email@example.com.
PSAT Exam at WCA
The PSAT will be administered to all 8th through 11th grade students on our campus the morning of Wednesday, October 30th. This is a great opportunity to prepare your student(s) for college entrance exams.
If you do NOT want your student to test, please let Mrs. Cole know as soon as possible. Unless you opt out, your student will be administered the exam and your FACTS account will be charged a $16 testing fee.
Local Scholarships for College Bound Seniors
If you have a senior this year, there is a local scholarship fair at the Oconee County Civic Center on October 22 from 6:00-7: 30 pm. This event is hosted by the Oconee Chamber of Commerce and is your opportunity to gather information about local scholarships and talk with representatives about the application processes.
As we go through our days, please remember to keep the following WCA families in your prayers. Also, please email Tami Butts (firstname.lastname@example.org) with updated and/or new prayer requests. It is an honor to pray for each other.
- Please be in continued prayer for Kim Hardwick, WCA teacher, who has undergone treatment for recurrent melanoma. Following successful treatment, Kim is having scans every three months to verify the absence of disease. There is much to be thankful for as her most recent scans showed no evidence of disease! Thank you for remembering her husband, Steve and their children (Ben - Class of 2018, Anna - 11th, Cary - 8th and Ella - 6th) during this time. Kim has set up a caring bridge site where she can share information about her journey. Caring Bridge for Kim Hardwick
- Please continue to pray for our art teacher, Jackie Kirsche, as she walks through her cancer journey. Jackie's most recent scans showed a recurrence of her disease. She has begun immunotherapy treatments and will be receiving infusions every 3 weeks for the next couple of months. The doctors will be closely monitoring her to gauge the success of these new treatments and make adjustments if needed. Thank you for remembering Jackie, her husband Kevin and children Berkley (class of 2013), Sierra (class of 2016) and Hadley (class of 2018).
- Please be in continued prayer for Brent Weatherly and his family as he battles cancer. You can follow his journey and receive specific prayer requests by subscribing to his blog - http://dbw26.wordpress.com.
Prayer requests are included here at the request, or with the permission of the family.