This Week at WCA, October 9
It's Time for a Break!
Finally, just in time for Fall Break, the calendar and the weather are finally in sync!
Please know that WCA will be closed this Friday, October 11th and Monday and Tuesday, October 14th and 15th for Fall Break. Regular classes will resume on the 16th.
Enjoy this time away from the routine!
L & F Clean-Out B E F O R E Break!
Before you grab the family and head out of town, be sure to have someone check lost and found for your stuff!
Lost and Found items are on display in the gym until Thursday after school. At that time, any unclaimed items will be donated. Thank you!
Local Scholarships for College Bound Seniors
If you have a senior this year, there is a local scholarship fair at the Oconee County Civic Center on October 22 from 6:00-7: 30 pm. This event is hosted by the Oconee Chamber of Commerce and is your opportunity to gather information about local scholarships and talk with representatives about the application processes.
PSAT Exam Coming Soon to WCA
The PSAT will be administered to all 8th through 11th grade students on our campus the morning of Wednesday, October 30th. This is a great opportunity to prepare your student(s) for college entrance exams.
An email was sent to parents last week with important information from Kelly Cole, Director of Academics. If you did not receive this, please contact her, email@example.com.
If you do NOT want your student to test, please let Mrs. Cole know TODAY. Unless you opt out, your student will be administered the exam and your FACTS account will be charged a $16 testing fee.
2019 One Act Cast Selected
Congratulations to the One Act Cast for the 2019 season! These talented students will be performing the play, Step on a Crack, written by Susan Zeder. The cast is as follows:
- Lane Mulkey (7th) - Ellie
- George Thompson (11th) - Max
- Anna Hardwick (11th) - Lucille
- Izalou Morecraft (8th) - Lana
- JT Tomlin (11th) - Frizbee
- Isabelle Stephens (8th) - Voice
Their first performance will be on October 31st at the region One Act competition.
As we go through our days, please remember to keep the following WCA families in your prayers. Also, please email Tami Butts (firstname.lastname@example.org) with updated and/or new prayer requests. It is an honor to pray for each other.
- Please be in continued prayer for Kim Hardwick, WCA teacher, who has undergone treatment for recurrent melanoma. Following successful treatment, Kim is having scans every three months to verify the absence of disease. There is much to be thankful for as her most recent scans showed no evidence of disease! Thank you for remembering her husband, Steve and their children (Ben - Class of 2018, Anna - 11th, Cary - 8th and Ella - 6th) during this time. Kim has set up a caring bridge site where she can share information about her journey. Caring Bridge for Kim Hardwick
- Please continue to pray for our art teacher, Jackie Kirsche, as she walks through her cancer journey. Jackie's most recent scans showed a recurrence of her disease. She has begun immunotherapy treatments and will be receiving infusions every 3 weeks for the next couple of months. The doctors will be closely monitoring her to gauge the success of these new treatments and make adjustments if needed. Thank you for remembering Jackie, her husband Kevin and children Berkley (class of 2013), Sierra (class of 2016) and Hadley (class of 2018).
- Please be in continued prayer for Brent Weatherly and his family as he battles cancer. You can follow his journey and receive specific prayer requests by subscribing to his blog - http://dbw26.wordpress.com.
Prayer requests are included here at the request, or with the permission of the family.