School Work Day = SUCCESS!
Thank you to the 75 parents and students who attended our Work Day this past Saturday. Many tasks were completed such as pressure washing, painting and staining, cleaning, moving of textbooks, cleaning up of the wooded areas and many other items. Thank you for investing your time in our campus and setting the stage for the new school year!
WATKINSVILLE FIRST FRIDAY:
Let’s end the summer with a Tailgate!!! Join WCA families at the Watkinsville’s First Friday in Downtown Watkinsville on Friday, August 7th. All the fun begins at 6:00 p.m. The WCA ‘tent’ will be at the Eagle’s Tavern. Mark your calendar and let’s have a blast!
SAVE THE DATE….BACK TO SCHOOL BASH (Friday, August 14th from 5:30-7:30pm):
You don’t want to miss this!!! We hope each family at Westminster will join us for this FUN night of food and sweet fellowship as we start a brand new school year together. WCA will provide pizza and drinks, while lower school families bring salads/fruits and upper school families bring desserts. If you have a child in both lower and upper school, we ask that you bring a dessert. Any questions, call or email Tara Lowry (firstname.lastname@example.org 706-968-3795).
FRONT PAGE NEWS
Summer packets are available for pick up. There are still lots of packets, so please come by and get yours. The main office will be open on Monday-Thursday from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m (except the week of July 6th).
Summer Reading information is available on the WCA website here. They are divided by grade.
Community Sponsorship Help Needed!
Volunteers needed for Community Sponsorship Sales! We are looking for individuals that have connections in the community, comfortable with in person ‘cold calling’ sales visits, and have a passion for WCA. Volunteers needed from May through August for a couple of hours a week. Please contact Barbara Robinson @ email@example.com if you are interested.
PRAISES & PRAYERS
BIG PRAISES!!! Jackie just found out her scan was CLEAR!!! There is no evidence of cancer! Praise God!
The Weatherlys are still in Texas for Brent to undergo radiation treatment. Please continue to pray for strength, healing and endurance for Brent.
Barry Reed, grandfather to Liz and Sarah Adams, is home and doing well following and amputation and MRSA infection. He has an appointment this week to check on the infection. Please pray for a good check up.
ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT NEWS
Middle School Basketball Coach (for both girls and boys). Please contact Nate Donatelli for more information.
Cross Country is planning to workout this summer at the UGA track at 6:00 p.m. on Monday nights and the Botanical Gardens on Thursday nights at 6:00 p.m. Cross Country camp for Varsity runners is July 20-23rd. Track workouts are for all rising 5th-12th grade students.
Varsity Basketball Open Gym dates are scheduled on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Volleyball Open Gym dates are scheduled on Tuesday and Thursday from 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m for JV and Varsity. Middle school times are from 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Weight Training is open to all rising 8th grade and older athletes. It is held on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
Performance Pediatrics and Sports Medicine is offering all Westmminster a great opportunity by offering discounted physicals this year. All proceeds will be given back to Westminster for the sports programs.
- The sports physicals will be held on Sunday, August 9th from 1-4pm
- A-L last names are to come from 1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. and M-Z last names from 2:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- What to bring? All needed forms (including a list of medications), dressed in athletic clothing (girls need to have a sports bra on if needed for the exam portion), $20 fee per student.
- The office locations is 1181 Langford Drive Bldg 200 Suite 101 Watkinsville GA 30677. (316 Professional Quarters off 316 with the water fountain in front)
- Office number is 706-850-8750.
- Website: www.athensactivekids.com
Stations will be set up for the exams.
- Vitals – done by Performance Pediatrics and Sports Medicine staff (Dr. Tara Merritt)
- Joint Exam – done by Physical Therapists at North Oconee Performance and Rehabilitation (Jenna Milligan and Brian Prell)
- Eye Exams – done by Optometrists at America’s Best Contact and Eyeglasses and UGA (Dr. Mark Mills and Dr. Atkinson)