|2/26||Math Olympiad Math Counts Competition – Athens Tech|
|2/27||Mock Trial District Competition – Cumming|
|3/1||Literary Meet – Greene County
|3/19||Daddy Daughter Dance – 7 pm -10 pm
|3/29||Admissions Preview Event – 9 am
Please note this is not an all-inclusive school calendar. Always check the Google Calendar for additional events, updates and detailed information.
Varsity Basketball Closes Out Successful Seasons
Congratulations to our Varsity teams on their great seasons. They believed in themselves and they achieved success! Varsity Girls were runners up in the state championship game on Saturday and our Varsity Boys made it to the final four. Thank you to all the student athletes, coaches and parents for this exciting season. Well done!
Lost and (Hopefully) Found
Is there something you haven’t seen in a while? We might know something about that! There are many, many nice items in our lost and found that need to be returned to your homes. In the Upper School, the items are on the stage and in the Lower School they are in the hallway. Items will be displayed through the end of the day this Friday, February 26th. Please ask your student to look for his or her items or take this opportunity to stop by yourself and take a look. Please know that after Friday, any unclaimed items will be donated. Thank you for your help!
Spring Sports Picture Day
Picture Day for Westminster Spring Sports is scheduled for this afternoon, Wednesday, February 24th. Student athletes need to bring their uniforms and meet in the gym immediately after school. Once pictures have been taken, you will receive a proof with ordering information. If you would like to pre-order photographs, please click here.
Intramural Make-Up Game Day
We will make up our “snow” day Intramural games this Thursday after school. There will be concessions available for after school snacking – chips, candy, Gatorade, soft drinks and more! Here is the schedule:
2:20 – Lower School Dismissal – get dressed and meet in the gym
2:40 – Junior League Practice
3:00 – Junior League Games
4:00 – Intermediate League Practice
4:20 – Intermediate League Games
Please know that these are approximate times, and we’ll be as close as we can on a busy after-school afternoon!
BoxTops for Education
Do you have BoxTops collecting somewhere in your house? If so, now is the time to turn them in so that the school can receive credits for this school year. Please bring your BoxTops for Education to the school office (admin or upper school) by this Friday, February 26th.
Oconee County Youth Art Month
Student Art Month exhibit at OCAF (Oconee Cultural Arts Foundation) has arrived! This is a county-wide exhibit featuring artwork from students at every Oconee County school. It is truly an honor to have work selected, and our students have created some amazing pieces that will be a part of the exhibit.
The exhibit will be on display February 27th – March 23rd. OCAF is located at 34 School Street in downtown Watkinsville. Gallery hours are 10 am – 4 pm Tuesday through Saturday. Admission is free, so visit at often as you like.
There will be an opening reception to honor the artists on Friday, February 26th from 4-6 pm. Everyone is invited to drop by and celebrate these students’ artistic achievements. Here are the Westminster students participating in this exhibit. Congratulations to each of them!
- 1st Grade – Morgan Rabon, Allie Thaxton
- 2nd Grade – Will Brannon, Garry Harndon
- 3rd Grade – Maddox Clay, Lydia Lowry
- 4th Grade – Andrew Costello, Grace Johnson
- 5th Grade – Stephanie Currington, Ansley Griffin
- 6th Grade – Sarah Donatelli, Peyton Sanders
- 7th Grade – Liz Adams, Aron Bauer, Fletcher Thaxton, JT Tomlin
- 8th Grade – Ansley Howard, Caelan McKenzie, Avery Sepesi
- 10th Grade – Mary Campbell Greene, Jackson Mulkey, Hadley Kirsche, Rachel Snyder, Peyton Turner
- 11th Grade – Abigail Snyder
- 12th Grade – Sierra Kirsche
WCA Dads – get on your dancin’ shoes.
The annual Daddy Daughter Dance is scheduled for Saturday, March 19th from 7 – 10 pm. So WCA Daddy’s, get ready to celebrate and boogie down with your little princess(es). Additional information will be coming soon.
Chess Club Schedule Change
Beginning this week, the WCA Chess Club will be meeting on Thursday afternoons instead of Wednesdays. If you have a chess player in your house, please make this adjustment to your schedule.
Spring Sports & Spring Weather
Spring is almost here and so is the rain. If soccer or baseball practice or games need to be cancelled due to inclement weather or field conditions, parents will receive an email from the coach as soon as the decision is made. Please be aware that by necessity, these decisions are often made at the last minute so that may result in you receiving notifications later in the day.
Mock Trial District Competition
Westminster Regional Champion Mock Trial team will compete in the district competition on Saturday, February 27th in Cumming at the Forsyth County courthouse. Our team will begin their competition at noon. Anyone planning to attend should arrive by 11:45 and remember not to wear any WCA spirit wear.
Athletic Events: February 24th – March 1st
|3/1||Varsity Soccer vs. Monsignor Donovan – AWAY, Girls 4:30, Boys 6:00|
Save the Date:
- The annual Daddy Daughter Dance is scheduled for Saturday, March 19th from 7-10 pm.
- Westminster Spring Break will be the week of April 4th – 8th.
- The annual Westminster Golf Tournament is scheduled for Friday, April 15th beginning at 1 pm. Tournament will be held at Lane Creek Golf Course. More details to follow.
- WCA Spring Concert is scheduled for Thursday, April 28th at Briarwood Baptist Church. More information to come at a later date.
Every Week at WCA
- WCA Parents Prayer Time meets every Tuesday from 8:00 – 8:15 am in the Art Room.
- Chess Club meets each Thursday from 2:30 – 3:40 in the Art Room for grades 1st – 12th.
- After School Spanish for grades 5th – 8th meets every Monday from 2:45 – 3:45 in the field house.
- Math Olympiad for grades 6th – 8th meets bi-weekly in Coach Ediger’s room located in the field house.
Our sympathies and prayers go out to Hope Croft (KH) and her family (Shane, Natalie & Andrew) as Hope’s grandmother, Beverly Plowman passed away on Monday, February 22nd.
Thank you for your continued prayer support you are providing for the Weatherly family (Samantha & Caroline 7th, Owen 5th).
Anelisa Durling (Daniel, 4th grade) will be undergoing surgery this week. Thank you for continuing to keep her and her family in your prayers.
Prayer requests are included here at the request, or with the permission, of the family.