Calendar Highlights & Mark Your Calendars
|9/22 & 29||Cap for a Cure Fundraiser|
|10/2 – 6||Scholastic Book Fair|
|10/4||School & Fall Sports Picture Day|
|10/6||NHS/Beta Club Blood Drive|
|10/11||PSAT – Grades 8 – 11, more details coming soon|
|10/18||Early Dismissal for Parent Teacher Conferences|
Please note this is not an all-inclusive school calendar. Always check the Google Calendar for additional events, updates and detailed information.
Athletic Calendar Highlights
September 21st – 26th
|9/21||XC Lions HOME Meet – 4 pm|
|HS Volleyball AWAY vs. Athens Christian – Tri-Matches|
|JV – 5 pm|
|V – 6 pm|
|9/22||MS Volleyball AWAY vs. Oconee – 4:30 pm|
|V Volleyball AWAY vs. Lyndon – 4:30 pm|
|9/25||XC MS only AWAY vs. Athens Academy|
|9/26||MS Volleyball HOME vs. Morgan County – 4:30 pm|
|V Volleyball AWAY vs. Prince Avenue – 6 pm|
Please note this is not an all-inclusive athletic calendar. Always check the Google Calendar for additional events, updates and detailed information.
Congratulations to all of our Senior athletes honored before last week’s volleyball match against Monsignor Donovan. Your parents are proud and so are we! We appreciate your contributions to WCA’s athletic programs and for your leadership on and off the court!
WCA School Store Sidewalk Sale
School store moving to the traffic circle with savings for you Thursday morning!
Who doesn’t love a good sale? Especially when it’s on your favorite WCA spirit wear! Tomorrow morning, Thursday, September 21st, the school store is moving to the traffic circle with savings for you. The store will be open from 7:30 – 8:15 and again from 2:15 – 2:45. See you there!
What? When? Where? Upper School Impact 2017 Retreat
The WCA Impact Upper School retreat is almost here! Next Wednesday, September 27th, the buses will be loaded up and the upper school students, faculty and parent volunteers will be off. Everything you need to know to have your student(s) ready to go can be found in this 2017 IMPACT Informational Packet. If you have additional questions, please contact Ryan Gibadlo, email@example.com.
Head’s “Up”for Students Going on Retreat
Please know that there will be no lunch delivery for the Upper School on Wednesday the 27th. The students will depart during 5th period so your student will need to pack a lunch for that day. Thank you!
What’s for lunch? We can help answer that question.
Boonli.com open for October Lunch Orders
Better late than never, you may now place your orders for October lunch deliveries at boonli.com. The deadline for placing orders is next Wednesday, September 27th at midnight.
As always, if this is your first time placing an order, please follow these steps:
- Go to https://www.boonli.com
- Click the link to “Register” at the top of the page
- Enter the password for our school – WCA319
- Follow prompts to complete your registration. You will need to complete a profile for each student designating them as either upper school or lower school to ensure that you have access to the correct menu items.
Let’s Finish Strong! Two more Friday’s in September – Cap for a Cure
There are two more Fridays in September – the 22nd and 29th – when students may wear a “Cap for a Cure” by making a donation of $1 each participating Friday. All proceeds will be donated to CURE to fund finding a cure for childhood cancer.
Let’s show our support of Westminster students and families affected by this disease and finish strong WCA!
Admissions Preview Day, October 16th
We will hold our next admissions preview day on October 16th at 9 am. If you know of anyone who is interested in learning more about Westminster, please help us spread the word about this event. Families will have the opportunity to see our campus, talk with the faculty and staff, engage with current students and parents, and visit classrooms. For more information, please contact Laura Briscoe, Director of Admissions, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (706)769-9372.
We Need You. NHS/Beta Club Blood Drive
Register to Donate Now!
WCA National Honor Society and Beta Club students will be sponsoring a blood drive on Friday, October 6th. If you would like to register to give blood, please contact Kelly Cole to reserve your time by next Tuesday, September 26th – email@example.com or 706-769-9372.
Thank you in advance for your support of this life-giving effort!
Saddle Up and Read WCA style!
Scholastic Wild West Book Fair 2017
Yaaa Hooo! Pull on your favorite boots, don your finest cowboy/girl hat and get ready for this year’s Wild West Scholastic Book Fair 2017. Mark your calendars because the fun is coming soon!
Beginning on Monday, 2nd and going through Friday, October 6th, you will find the same amazing book fair at WCA as always, but in a new location. This year’s book fair will be held in the basement of the Administrative Building. All other details remain the same! There will be contests, a family night, prizes and of course, books, books, books! All proceeds from this sale go toward the purchase of new items for the WCA library.
For additional details, please see Wild West Book Fair Flyer. If you have any questions, contact Jennifer Mulkey, firstname.lastname@example.org or 706-614-5505.
Box Tops for Education – the Lower School Competition is on during September!
Are you clipping those box tops before you toss the boxes? We hope so because it is officially, “hip to clip”! Each box top is worth .10 directly to our school and will help your child’s classroom win the BoxTops competition. The lower school classroom that collects the most box tops before September 26th will earn a Casual Dress Day for their class.
So, look for the logo on the items you purchase, clip and turn your box top’s in to your child’s classroom. For a product list, please follow this link, Box Tops for Education Product List and while you’re there, be sure to sign up as a member so you can check out our school’s earnings details and get access to coupons and bonus offers.
If you have any questions, contact either Nikki Menjivar, WCA Box Tops for Education Coordinator, email@example.com or Tricia Martin, firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for your help!
As we go through our days, please remember the keep the following WCA families in your prayers. Also, please email Tami Butts (email@example.com) with updated and/or new prayer requests. It is an honor to pray for each other.
- Please continue to be in prayer for Mark Mills (Nathan (6th), Parker (1st) and wife, Tara Merritt) with regards to taking care of his aging parents. Mark has returned home but both of his parents remain in the hospital in Panama. They are waiting at this point to be able to transport them to the states for further care. His mother has a feeding tube Mark’s father is struggling with declining health and memory problems. Mark and Tara will then need to find some type of assisted living/memory care center for them both. The family requests prayers for wisdom, strength and comfort during these uncertain days.
- Please continue to keep Sabrina Garcia (Noah, 11th and Jacob, 9th) and her family in your prayers as she remains in the hospital at Emory. There is much to be thankful for as Sabrina is in a regular room, having dialysis three times a week and getting stronger every day through her work with physical therapists. Thank you to all in our community who are helping with meals and transportation. We will update you here as we become aware of additional opportunities to bless this family.
- Anderson Krieger (9th grade) and his family, as he continues his treatment for recurrent leukemia. For the most recent updates and specific prayer needs, please follow Sally on social media.
- Brent Weatherly and his family. You can follow his journey and receive specific prayer requests. http://dbw26.wordpress.com.