Calendar Highlights & Mark Your Calendars
|10/26||“Tech Savvy Parenting” Workshop – 6:30 pm (open to the public)|
|10/27||“Tech Savvy” Chapels for Student Body – LS 8:05 am; US 9:30 am|
|LS Fun Friday – Washington Farms|
|10/31||One Act Regional Competition|
|11/1 – 17||Yearbook Sales|
|11/1||Latin Field Trip with Mr. Roberts|
|11/8||Picture Retakes & Winter Sports Pictures|
Please note this is not an all-inclusive school calendar. Always check the Google Calendar for additional events, updates and detailed information.
Athletic Calendar Highlights
|10/28||GICAA Varsity State XC Championship – Macon, 9 am start|
|11/3||HS Basketball AWAY vs. Lanier|
|JV girls – 4 pm, JV boys – 5 pm|
|V girls – 6 pm, V boys – 7:30 pm|
Please note this is not an all-inclusive athletic calendar. Always check the Google Calendar for additional events, updates and detailed information.
For the first time ever, WCA wins State Championship Varsity Volleyball Title!
Congratulations to our Lady Lions players and coaches on winning the GICAA State Championship Title for the first time in WCA history! At the state tournament on Saturday, WCA defeated Holy Ground in the semi-final match to advance to the final against Harvester Christian where they won decisively. Way to go Lions!
WCA Varsity XC Advances to State Championship on Saturday
WCA hosted the GICAA Regional Varsity XC Championship last week and our teams had a great meet. Taking full advantage of being on their own course, our Lady Lions team finished in first place in the region and the boys finishing the day as runners-up! Both teams advance to the GICAA state championship meet this Saturday, October 28th in Macon. The girls hit the trail at 9 am followed by the boys at 9:30 am. Grab your coffee and hit the road early this Saturday to cheer on our runners! Go Lions!
“Tech Savvy Parenting” Workshop
We look forward to seeing you tomorrow evening, Thursday, October 26th, as WCA will be hosting a very important parent workshop. WCA welcomes Brian Housman to speak to all of our families on the topic of “Tech Savvy Parenting” beginning at 6:30 pm.
Brian is a gifted communicator who will be able to help us navigate the ever growing, confusing and changing world of technology from a biblical perspective. This workshop is designed to help parents understand the role of social media in their child’s life, how to respond to the immoral content they’re exposed to, set healthy limits on video games, address abuses of texting, and much more. This event is open to the public so you are encouraged to invite your family and friends to attend.
Not only will we get to learn from Brian, but our kids will too. He will be speaking directly to our student body in our lower school and upper school chapels on Friday, October 27th. Lower School chapel will begin at 8:05 am and Upper School will be at 9:30 am.
For more information about Mr. Housman, please see Brian Housman Bio. Or you can visit his website at, techsavvyparenting.com.
School Picture Updates & Information
It’s school picture time and here is what you need to know about proofs, retakes, sports photos and more:
- Fall sports pictures have arrived. Coaches will be distributing them this week.
- Class pictures have arrived and will be distributed this week.
- Picture Retake day is on Wednesday, Nov. 8 beginning at 8:00 a.m. All students who would like a retake should report to the gym immediately after checking in to their homeroom class.
- Winter sports pictures will be taken on Wednesday, Nov. 8 immediately after school. The following sports will be included: basketball, premier basketball, swimming, and cheerleading. Players should bring their HOME jerseys. Specific picture times for each sport will be communicated by the coaches.
Picture questions? Contact Tollie Ediger (email@example.com).
2017 – 2018 Annual Fund
The 2017-2018 Annual Fund is well underway and is off to a great start! Thank you to all who have already participated in this campaign. Our goal is that every family would participate by either giving a financial gift or by returning the postcards for family and friends. Will you help us reach our goal of 100% participation? Remember that your gift funds important improvements to our campus that are not funded through tuition. This year’s projects include improvements to our fine arts facilities and an upgraded and expanded science lab.
Thank you for prayerfully considering your family’s participation in this year’s campaign.
2018 Cow Calendars are here. Get yours today!
Once again, Westminster is partnering with Chick-Fil-A to offer their 2018 Cow Calendars for just $9.00 each. This year’s calendar is a 20th anniversary retrospective titled, “Steers of Yesteryear”. Each calendar includes a promotional card that once activated, entitles the bearer to one FREE featured food offer of the month throughout 2018.
Calendars may be purchased from the school office for $9 each payable by cash or check. Questions? Please contact Fran O’Rear, firstname.lastname@example.org or 706-769-9372.
There is a limited supply on hand so act quickly before they’re gone!
A portion of all proceeds goes to benefit WCA.
Operation Christmas Child 2017
This Christmas season, Westminster is once again partnering with Samaritan’s Purse and Operation Christmas Child to demonstrate God’s love to children around the world. This is a wonderful experience of giving to others for our students. On packing day, our students will be hand packing and praying over the boxes they are preparing. By their actions, they are reaching out and touching children around the world with the love of Jesus.
On Friday, November 17th, we will convert a classroom into a holiday workroom where our students will pack and pray over Operation Christmas Child boxes. This year’s goal is to pack and pray over 300 boxes! In order to achieve that, we will need the help of many hands! Will you please help us reach this goal by signing up to donate items for this project? Items may be brought to school any time but ideally by November 15th. Please follow the link below to sign up for a donation.
Questions? Please contact Mary Beth Cole email@example.com or Tiffany Rasmussen firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to have your photos considered for the yearbook? RePlayIt App makes it possible!
Download the app, upload the memories.
You’ve captured that perfect shot of a WCA event and would love to get it into the hands of the yearbook staff. Well now, there is an app for that! Download Josten’s ReplayIt App today and start sharing your favorite WCA snapshots with the people designing this year’s yearbook. This app is designed to provide an easy way for students, faculty and parents to take photos on our mobile devices and upload them instantly. Follow the link below to get started:
Questions? Please contact Haley Allen, Yearbook Advisor, email@example.com.
Cap for A Cure ~ Thank You!
Our school community was able to raise $660 during the month of September to help find a cure for childhood cancer. This donation was raised by students donating money for the privilege of wearing a cap on Friday’s and faculty and staff making a donation for the privilege of wearing their favorite jeans. Thank you to all who participated. This donation was made to the Cure Childhood Cancer organization in Atlanta. Please continue to prayer for WCA families walking through this journey.
As we go through our days, please remember the keep the following WCA families in your prayers. Also, please email Tami Butts (firstname.lastname@example.org) with updated and/or new prayer requests. It is an honor to pray for each other.
- Please continue to be in prayer for Mark Mills (Nathan (6th), Parker (1st) and wife, Tara Merritt) with regards to the care of his aging parents. Mark’s parents have chosen to stay at their home in El Valle, Panama, to live out their days instead of coming to the states. This is a remote region where they will have limited nursing care available to them. Specifically, please pray that Mark and Tara will have peace and acceptance for God’s plan for his parents and that God would watch over their days in Panama.
- Thank you for your prayers for Sabrina Garcia (Noah, 11th and Jacob, 9th) and her family. Sabrina is at home and is getting stronger every day. There are still long term treatment plans that are as of yet, undetermined. Please continue to pray for her recovery and her medical team as they make decisions for her future treatments. We will update you here as we become aware of additional opportunities to bless this family.
- Anderson Krieger (9th grade) and his family, as he continues his treatment for recurrent leukemia. For the most recent updates and specific prayer needs, please follow Sally on social media.
- Brent Weatherly and his family. You can follow his journey and receive specific prayer requests. http://dbw26.wordpress.com.
Prayer requests are included here at the request, or with the permission, of the family.