Calendar Highlights & Mark Your Calendars
|10/16||Admissions Preview Day – 9 am|
|College and Financial Aid Information Night – 6:30 pm|
|10/18||Early Dismissal for Parent Teacher Conferences; LS – 11:30, US – 11:45|
|10/26||“Tech Savvy Parenting” Workshop – 6:30 pm|
|10/27||“Tech Savvy” Chapels for Student Body|
|LS Fun Friday|
Please note this is not an all-inclusive school calendar. Always check the Google Calendar for additional events, updates and detailed information.
Athletic Calendar Highlights
|10/13||GICAA Regional Volleyball Tournament @ WCA|
|10/19||GICAA Regional XC Championship @ WCA|
Please note this is not an all-inclusive athletic calendar. Always check the Google Calendar for additional events, updates and detailed information.
2017 – 2018 Annual Fund
By now, each WCA family should have received a packet with information regarding the 2017-18 Annual Fund. Our goal is that every family would participate by either giving a financial gift or by returning the postcards for family and friends. Will you help us reach our goal of 100% participation? Remember that your gift funds important improvements to our campus that are not funded through tuition. Thank you for prayerfully considering your family’s participation in this year’s campaign.
WCA Hosts GICAA Regional Volleyball Tournament
This Friday, October 13th, WCA will be hosting the GICAA Regional Varsity Volleyball Tournament with the first match beginning at 3:30 pm. Our Varsity Lions will take on Trinity Prep at 6 pm. For bracket details, please follow the link below.
Come out and help us welcome our fellow GICAA schools and cheer for our Lions!
Admissions Preview Day, October 16th
We will hold our next admissions preview day on Monday, October 16th at 9 am. If you know of anyone who is interested in learning more about Westminster, please help us spread the word about this event. Families will have the opportunity to see our campus, talk with the faculty and staff, engage with current students and parents, and visit classrooms.
For more information, please contact Laura Briscoe, Director of Admissions, at email@example.com or by phone at (706)769-9372.
Parent Teacher Conferences Next Week
Unbelievably, the first quarter of the 2017-2018 school year has ended. That means, it’s time to schedule your parent teacher conference for your lower school student. Below you will find a link to an editable sign up sheet for upcoming parent/teacher conferences to be held on October 18th and 19th. Please follow the instructions on the top of the sign up sheet to sign up for your conference(s).
We ask that each family sign up for a conference time as this is a great opportunity to touch base with teachers regarding your child’s progress so far this year. If you are unable to attend a conference during the allotted times, please contact your child’s teacher directly to set up an alternate meeting time.
If you have questions regarding this process, please contact Tiffany Rasmussen, Lower School Principal, firstname.lastname@example.org.
On Wednesday, October 18th, we will be holding parent teacher conferences in the upper school. Conferences will be held in 15 minute increments beginning at 12:15 pm. All parents of upper school students should have received an email from Principal, Ryan Gibadlo, with details regarding next week’s conferences. If you did not receive this email, or you have questions regarding conferences, please contact Mr. Gibadlo, email@example.com.
To sign up for your conference time, follow this link Upper School Parent Teacher Conferences Fall 2017.
Early Dismissal Day for Parent Teacher Conferences
Please remember that next Wednesday, October 18th, will be an early dismissal day for all students to allow for parent teacher conferences. Students will be dismissed as follows:
- Lower School (preK – 5) – dismissed at 11:30
- Upper School (6 – 12) – dismissed at 11:45
Thank you for your assistance with ensuring this day goes smoothly!
College and Financial Aid Information Night
There will be an informational session about college and financial aid on Monday, October 16th beginning at 6:30 pm. All parents of high school students (9th – 12th) are invited to attend and will be receiving an email from Kelly Cole, Director of Academics, with additional details in the coming days.
“Tech Savvy Parenting” Workshop
Mark you calendars for a very important workshop coming to Westminster on Thursday, October 26th at 6:30 pm. WCA will be welcoming Brian Housman to speak to all of our families on the topic of “Tech Savvy Parenting”.
Brian is an amazing communicator who will be able to help all of us navigate the ever growing, confusing and changing world of technology from a biblical perspective. This parent workshop is designed to help parents understand the role of social media in their child’s life, how to respond to the immoral content they’re exposed to, set healthy limits on video games, address abuses of texting, and much more.
Not only will we get to learn from Brian, but our kids will too. He will be speaking directly to our student body in our lower school and upper school chapels on Friday, October 27th.
For more information about Mr. Housman, please see Brian Housman Bio. Or you can visit his website at, techsavvyparenting.com.
We look forward to sharing this time together!
As we go through our days, please remember the keep the following WCA families in your prayers. Also, please email Tami Butts (firstname.lastname@example.org) with updated and/or new prayer requests. It is an honor to pray for each other.
- Please be in prayer for Brandy Ferris (WCA K Teacher) and her family. Brandy’s mother passed away unexpectedly last week.
- Please continue to be in prayer for Mark Mills (Nathan (6th), Parker (1st) and wife, Tara Merritt) with regards to taking care of his aging parents who live in Panama. There have been improvements in his mother’s health and they are still waiting at this point to be able to transport them to the states for further care. Mark and Tara are looking to find some type of assisted living/memory care center for them both. The family requests prayers for wisdom, strength and comfort during these uncertain days.
- Please continue to keep Sabrina Garcia (Noah, 11th and Jacob, 9th) and her family in your prayers. The good news is that Sabrina is now continuing her rehab from home! Long term recovery and treatment plans are still developing and will be communicated as appropriate. Thank you to all who have provided meals and rides. We will update you here as we become aware of additional opportunities to bless this family.
- Anderson Krieger (9th grade) and his family, as he continues his treatment for recurrent leukemia. For the most recent updates and specific prayer needs, please follow Sally on social media.
- Brent Weatherly and his family. You can follow his journey and receive specific prayer requests. http://dbw26.wordpress.com.
Prayer requests are included here at the request, or with the permission, of the family.