Calendar Highlights & Mark Your Calendars
|5/4||GICAA Fine Arts Competition, Regional|
|5/5||8th Grade Capstone Presentations|
|5/7||Sports Physical Day – Performance Pediatrics & Sports Medicine|
|5/9||GICAA Fine Arts Competition, State|
|5/11||MS Academic Awards Day – 8 am, US Gym|
|5/15||HS Honors Night – 6:30 pm|
|5/17||1st Grade Field Trip to Sandy Creek|
|5/18||Senior Celebration Day|
|5/19||Graduation – 7 pm|
|Graduation Practice 11th & 12th Grades – 1:45 – 2:45 pm|
|PreK & K Field Trip to Washington Farms|
|5/22-23||Upper School Exams – Upper School Only Early Dismissal at 11:15 am|
|5/24||Upper School Exams|
|Last Day of School – All School Early Dismissal at 9:30 am|
Please note this is not an all-inclusive school calendar. Always check the Google Calendar for additional events, updates and detailed information.
WCA Announces Class of 2017’s Top Graduates
Congratulations to Abigail Snyder and Ana Madrid for earning the honors of Valedictorian and Salutatorian for the graduating class of 2017!
Abigail Rae Snyder, Valedictorian, has been attending Westminster since Kindergarten and will be attending the University of Georgia in the fall to pursue a degree in business management. Her parents are James and Susan Snyder.
Ana Belen Madrid Nunan, Salutatorian, has been attending Westminster since the 7th grade and will also be attending the University of Georgia in the fall studying early childhood education. Her parents are Joaquin Madrid and Robin Nunan.
We could not be more proud to announce the accomplishments of these two extraordinary individuals!
Please join us in congratulating them and their families!
Sports Physical Day this Sunday, March 7th
If you have a student athlete, they are going to need a annual sports physical in order to participate. This Sunday, March 7th, WCA families will have the opportunity to complete this exam and benefit the sports program at the same time. Dr. Tara Merritt with Performance Pediatrics and Sports Medicine will be conducting physicals from 1 – 4 pm for all WCA athletes. The cost of the physical $25 and Dr. Merritt is donating all of the proceeds to the Westminster Athletic Department. Sports physicals are valid for a year
Here’s what you need to know:
- Families with the last name beginning with letters A – L are asked to arrive between 1 and 2:30 pm.
- Families with the last name beginning with letters M – Z are asked to arrive between 2:30 and 4 pm.
- Cost is $25 payable by either cash or check.
- Performance Pediatrics & Sports Medicine address: 1181 Langford Drive, Watkinsville, GA 30677
- Please print off the WCA Sports Physical Form and bring with you.
- Keep a copy of the completed form for your records and send a copy to the school office. You can also scan and email the completed form to Casey Clayton, Athletic Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, please contact Casey Clayton.
WCA Varsity Girls Soccer Team Advances to the State Championship!
After their decisive 7-0 win against Cherokee Christian Tuesday, WCA’s varsity soccer team is headed to the state championship game this Friday! The Lady Lions will play against Unity Christian for the state title beginning at 3:30 pm at the University of West Georgia in Carrollton. Take a road trip and support our Lady Lions as they battle for a first place finish to their season. Go Lions!
GICAA State Baseball Tournament Semi-Final Round
WCA Baseball Lions will be taking the home field for a semi-final series in the GICAA State Baseball Tournament beginning this Friday.
Best of Three Series vs. Holy Ground
Games 1 & 2 Double Header beginning at 2 pm, WCA Baseball Field
Game 3 on Saturday – details to come if needed
So, come out, enjoy America’s favorite past time and support our home team! Go Lions!
High School Honors Night
WCA’s High School Honors Night will be held on Monday, May 15th beginning at 6:30 pm. National Honors Society and Beta Club inductions will be held as a part of the program. All students being honored will receive their invitations by the end of this week.
MS Academic Awards Day
Academic Awards Day for WCA middle school students will be held on Thursday, May 11th beginning at 8 am in the upper school gymnasium. Parents of students receiving awards will receive invitations via email by the end of this week.
End of School Bash
The end is in sight for school year 2016-2017! To celebrate a great year together at Westminster Christian Academy, our annual End of School Year Bash is coming up soon.
What? WCA’s fun-filled, family focused, End of School Year Bash 2017
When? Thursday, May 11th – 5:30 until 7:30 pm
Where? WCA Field House Porch and Lawn
Need to Know:
- School is providing Chicken and Drinks
- Lower School Families are asked to bring a side dish
- Upper School Families are asked to bring a dessert
- Bring your favorite lawn chair and blankets for a picnic style dinner with your WCA family.
Look forward to seeing you there!
Summer Camps WCA Style
Whether you have a budding artist or athlete or both, we have a camp for you!
For more details and registration information, please follow the link below. As more plans are finalized, we’ll let you know and update this website page.
Here is the schedule to date for WCA Summer Camps 2017:
|Art||July 17 – 21|
|Rising 2nd and 3rd graders: 10 am – 12 pm, cost $115|
|July 24 – 28|
|Rising 4th – 6th graders: 9 am – 12 pm, cost $125|
|Baseball||June 7 – 9|
|Rising 3rd – 7th grade boys: 9:30 am – 12 pm, cost $75|
|Basketball||May 30 – June 1|
|MS/HS Girls: 1 – 3 pm, cost $50|
|MS/HS Boys: 3 – 5 pm, cost $50|
|June 26 – 29|
|LS Girls & Boys: 9 am – 12 pm, cost $100|
|Rising PreK – 6th Grade: 9 am – 3 pm, cost $60 (includes lunch & t-shirt)|
|Robotics||June 26 – 30|
|Rising 5th – 9th Grade: 12:30 pm – 3:30 pm, cost $50|
|Soccer||June 19 – 20|
|Lower School Girls & Boys: 8:30 am – 12 pm, cost $40|
|July 11 – 13|
|HS Boys (rising 9th – 12th): 3 – 5 pm, cost $50|
|Swimming||July 17 – 20|
|MS & HS boys & girls swimmers – more details to come|
As the body of Christ, we have the privilege of praying for each other. If you have a prayer request that you would like to have included here, please contact Tami Butts, email@example.com.
There are members of our community in need of our faithful prayer support. Some of these families have set up blogs that you can follow to keep up to date, others we will do our best to update you here. In each of these families there is much to pray for and much for which to be thankful.
- Please pray for the Thaxton family as Hollie’s mom passed away this weekend in South Georgia. The funeral will be later this week so please pray for the family and Allie (2nd) and Fletcher (8th) during this time.
- Anderson Krieger is hopefully going to be enjoying a few days at home before going back to the hospital next week to continue his treatment protocol. He has a rigorous round of therapy beginning in the next few weeks that will require further hospitalization. Please continue to pray for his body to receive the treatments and associated medicines without complications and for his desire and ability to eat. Anderson has lost significant weight and everyone wants to stop this trend and see him begin to gain. Also, please lift up Sally (1st grade teacher), Jon and Ian (10th) for strength, peace and provision. You may keep up to date with immediate prayer needs by following Sally on social media. If you have questions, please contact Julie Tomlin, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please be in prayer for WCA Art Teacher, Jackie Kirsche, as she is undergoing treatment for slow metastatic growth in lymph nodes, pelvis, abdomen and chest. Thank you for keeping Jackie and her family, husband Kevin, children Berkley, Sierra and Hadley (11th) before the Father.
- For updates and specific prayer requests for the Needham family (Linley 6th), please read Susanna Needham’s blog to follow their families journey as 3 yr. old, Beck, is undergoing treatment for leukemia. For questions, or to address immediate needs, please contact Julie Tomlin (email@example.com).
- Please be in prayer for Brent Weatherly and his family. He has started a blog where you can follow his journey and receive specific prayer requests. http://dbw26.wordpress.com.
Thank you for lifting up these members of our WCA family.