Summertime WCA Camp Calendar
|May 26||Cheerleading Camp – Rising PreK – 6th Grade: 9 am – 3 pm|
|May 30 – June 1||Basketball Camp – MS/HS Girls: 1 – 3 pm, MS/HS Boys: 3 – 5 pm|
|June 19 – 20||Soccer Camp – Lower School Girls & Boys: 8:30 am – 12 pm|
|June 21 – 23||Soccer Camp – Middle School Girls: 9 – 11 am|
|June 26 – 29||Basketball Camp – LS Girls & Boys: 9 am – 12 pm|
|June 26 – 30||Robotics – Rising 5th – 9th Grade: 12:30 – 3:30 pm|
|July 11 – 13||Soccer Camp – HS Boys (rising 9th – 12th) & MS Boys (rising 6th – 8th): 3 – 5 pm|
|July 17 – 20||Swimming Camp – MS & HS boys & girls swimmers – more details to come|
|July 17 – 21||Art Camp – Rising 2nd and 3rd graders: 10 am – 12 pm|
|July 24 – 28||Art Camp – Rising 4th – 6th graders: 9 am – 12 pm|
Welcome to Summer Break 2017!
School year 2016-2017 was a great year together at WCA!
Thank you for all you have done to contribute to our community of students, faculty and families. May your summer break be fun, safe and relaxing with many hours of doing things you choose to do!
WCA Summer Office Hours
The summer break is here and beginning Tuesday, May 30th, the school office will be on a different schedule. The WCA summer office hours will be Monday – Thursday, 8 am until noon. The office will be closed for the Memorial Day holiday on Monday, May 29th.
Getting a new driver this summer?
Students who plan to obtain either a learner’s permit for driving or a driver’s license over the summer should make note of the following information:
- A Certificate of Enrollment is required for both the permit and the license. As the document requires the signature of an administrator and the notarization of that signature, requests for the Certificate of Enrollment should be made at least one week in advance.
- The ADAP certificate is required to obtain a license. These were distributed to students upon the completion of the “Alcohol and Drug Awareness Program” that is a part of the 9th grade Health class curriculum. However, another copy may be obtained upon request.
- During the summer, please contact the main office (firstname.lastname@example.org) for these documents. Please make note of the summer office hours – Monday through Thursday, 8 am – noon.
Cross Country Summer Training
There will be voluntary summer practices on Tuesdays and Thursdays throughout the summer for WCA students interested in running cross country. On Tuesday’s WCA runners meet at the UGA Spec Townes Track and Thursday’s at the botanical gardens on Milledge. Training is held from 6:30 pm – 7:30 pm.
Coach Roberts encourages anyone who is even a little interested in running to come out and try a few summer practices and then decide in August when school starts. If you have any questions at all, please don’t hesitate to contact Coach Josh Roberts, email@example.com .
Summer Reading Lists
Summer Reading lists for grades 2 – 12 are now available on the website. Please follow the link below to find the reading requirements for your student(s).
Supply Lists and 2017-2018 Forms
You’re probably not ready to think about it and that’s completely understandable! However, please know that class supply lists will be posted soon on the “Forms & Lists” tab from the “Current Families” link on the website. You can follow the link below to the page that will have information you’ll need to prepare for August. Other forms and information for next year will be updated in the coming weeks.
Summer Camps WCA Style
Whether you have a budding artist or athlete or both, we have a camp for you!
For more details and registration information, please follow the link below. As more plans are finalized, we’ll let you know and update this website page.
As the body of Christ, we have the privilege of praying for each other. If you have a prayer request that you would like to have included here, please contact Tami Butts, firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are members of our community in need of our faithful prayer support. Some of these families have set up blogs that you can follow to keep up to date, others we will do our best to update you here. In each of these families there is much to pray for and much for which to be thankful.
- Anderson Krieger will be beginning his next, intense round of treatment within the next few days. Please pray for protection from complications and side effects from these treatments. Also, please continue to surround Sally (1st grade teacher), Jon and Ian (10th) with your love and prayers for strength, peace and provision. You may keep up to date with immediate prayer needs by following Sally on social media. If you have questions, please contact Julie Tomlin, email@example.com.
- Please be in prayer for WCA Art Teacher, Jackie Kirsche, as she is undergoing treatment for slow metastatic growth in lymph nodes, pelvis, abdomen and chest. Thank you for keeping Jackie and her family, husband Kevin, children Berkley, Sierra and Hadley (11th) before the Father.
- For updates and specific prayer requests for the Needham family (Linley 6th), please read Susanna Needham’s blog to follow their families journey as 3 yr. old, Beck, is undergoing treatment for leukemia. For questions, or to address immediate needs, please contact Julie Tomlin (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Please be in prayer for Brent Weatherly and his family. He has started a blog where you can follow his journey and receive specific prayer requests. http://dbw26.wordpress.com.
Thank you for lifting up these members of our WCA family.