Calendar Highlights & Mark Your Calendars
|5/18||Senior Celebration Day & Yearbook Distribution|
|5/19||Graduation Ceremonies – 7 pm, Grace Fellowship Church|
|Graduation Practice 11th & 12th Grades – 1:45 until 2:45 pm|
|PreK & K Field Trip to Washington Farms|
|5/22-23||Upper School Exams – Upper School Only Early Dismissal at 11:15 am|
|5/23||Lost & Found Displayed until 2:30 pm|
|5/24||Upper School Exams|
|Last Day of School – All School Early Dismissal at 9:30 am|
Please note this is not an all-inclusive school calendar. Always check the Google Calendar for additional events, updates and detailed information.
2017 WCA Graduation Ceremonies
The Class of 2017 will move their tassels from one side to the other on Friday evening, May 19th. Westminster Christian Academy’s graduation ceremonies will begin at 7 pm at Grace Fellowship Church in Watkinsville. Following graduation, graduates and guests will be honored by a reception hosted by the current junior class and their families.
Please make plans to joins us as these students and parents celebrate this milestone in their lives.
A Few Reminders . . .
Unbelievably, with the last day of school coming up next Wednesday, May 24th, we are in our last week of the 2016-17 school year! Here are a few things you need to know to ensure that all goes smoothly:
Upper School Final Exams
Final exams for upper school students will be next week May 22nd, 23rd & 24th. The structure of how final exams will be taken has been adjusted for this year so that the exams are taken by subject area rather than period. There will still be two exams each day and students will be dismissed after their last final each day. The schedule is as follows:
Monday, May 22:
8:00 – 9:30 English Exams
9:45 – 11:15 Math Exams
Tuesday, May 23
8:00- 9:30 History Exams
9:45 – 11:15 Science Exams
Wednesday, May 24
8:00 – 9:30 Foreign Language Exams
For a copy of the final exam schedule, please follow this link, Spring Final Exam Schedule . Questions? Please contact the school office, 706-769-9372.
Lockers & Books
What exactly is in there? Well, on Thursday, May 18th, the lockers will be cleaned out and students will find out what’s lurking in the corners! Students must take all personal items home Thursday but may leave textbooks in lockers until time to turn them in. Textbooks must be turned in at the beginning of each final exam session. Any student who does not turn in all required books will be charged on FACTS for the amount to replace the missing book. Please make sure your student is able to locate the books they were given at the beginning of the year between now and exams.
Early Dismissal Days
We love them, but we need to you pick them up! Your student will have an early release day(s) next week according to this schedule:
- Monday, May 22nd – Upper School Only Early Dismissal at 11:15 am
- Tuesday, May 23rd – Upper School Only Early Dismissal at 11:15 am
- Wednesday, May 24th – All School Early Dismissal at 9:30 am
No Casual Days
The shorts and t-shirts of summer are calling, but NOT YET! Please know that final exam days and the last day of school are uniform days not casual days. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated!
Last Call for Lost & Found
One last chance to claim your missing items! Lost and Found items will be displayed in the upper school gym next Tuesday, May 23rd until 2:30 pm. Items remaining at that time will be donated.
We want you to have your stuff so please stop by and peruse the items to see if anything belongs to your family. As always, if you’re on campus, you may look through the lost and found items located in the storage area to the left of the stage in the gymnasium at your convenience.
WCA Summer Office Hours
The summer break is almost here and that means the school office will be on a different schedule. Please know that the WCA summer office hours will be Monday – Thursday, 8 am until noon.
Summer Camps WCA Style
Whether you have a budding artist or athlete or both, we have a camp for you!
For more details and registration information, please follow the link below. As more plans are finalized, we’ll let you know and update this website page.
As the body of Christ, we have the privilege of praying for each other. If you have a prayer request that you would like to have included here, please contact Tami Butts, firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are members of our community in need of our faithful prayer support. Some of these families have set up blogs that you can follow to keep up to date, others we will do our best to update you here. In each of these families there is much to pray for and much for which to be thankful.
- Anderson Krieger is in a period of rest and recuperation in preparation for his next, intense round of treatment. Please pray for his ability to eat and gain weight while his body gains strength. This next round of chemotherapy is supposedly the most intense yet. Please continue to pray for his body to receive the treatments and associated medicines without complications. Also, please continue to surround Sally (1st grade teacher), Jon and Ian (10th) with your love and prayers for strength, peace and provision. You may keep up to date with immediate prayer needs by following Sally on social media. If you have questions, please contact Julie Tomlin, email@example.com.
- Please be in prayer for WCA Art Teacher, Jackie Kirsche, as she is undergoing treatment for slow metastatic growth in lymph nodes, pelvis, abdomen and chest. Thank you for keeping Jackie and her family, husband Kevin, children Berkley, Sierra and Hadley (11th) before the Father.
- For updates and specific prayer requests for the Needham family (Linley 6th), please read Susanna Needham’s blog to follow their families journey as 3 yr. old, Beck, is undergoing treatment for leukemia. For questions, or to address immediate needs, please contact Julie Tomlin (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Please be in prayer for Brent Weatherly and his family. He has started a blog where you can follow his journey and receive specific prayer requests. http://dbw26.wordpress.com.
Thank you for lifting up these members of our WCA family.