Calendar Highlights & Mark Your Calendars
|5/11||MS Academic Awards Day – 8 am, US Gym|
|5/15||HS Honors Night – 6:30 pm|
|5/17||Jackie Booth Retirement Celebration – 8 am|
|1st Grade Field Trip to Sandy Creek|
|5/18||Senior Celebration Day|
|5/19||Graduation Ceremonies – 7 pm, Grace Fellowship Church|
|Graduation Practice 11th & 12th Grades – 1:45 until 2:45 pm|
|PreK & K Field Trip to Washington Farms|
|5/22-23||Upper School Exams – Upper School Only Early Dismissal at 11:15 am|
|5/24||Upper School Exams|
|Last Day of School – All School Early Dismissal at 9:30 am|
Please note this is not an all-inclusive school calendar. Always check the Google Calendar for additional events, updates and detailed information.
WCA Art Program Finishes First in the State!
Congratulations to Mrs. Jackie Kirsche and the art students who represented Westminster in this years Fine Arts Competition. They were awarded first place in the state in GICAA competition Tuesday. This followed their first place finish in regional competition last week for WCA. Here are the students and their final placements at state:
Painting: 2nd place, Jackson Mulkey
Mixed Media: 1st place, Peyton Turner – 3rd place, Jackson Mulkey
Sculpture: 1st and 3rd place, Rachel Snyder
Block Printing: 1st place, Rachel Snyder, 2nd place – Jackson Mulkey, 3rd place, Emma Rasmussen
Congratulations for being State Champions for the second year in a row!
Following are the results from the GICAA region visual arts competition last week where out of 20 possible awards, WCA students received 14:
Drawing: 4th place, Peyton Turner
Painting: 1st place, Hadley Kirsche – 2nd place, Peyton Turner – 3rd place, Jackson Mulkey
Photography: 2nd place, Rachel Snyder – 3rd place, Hadley Kirsche
Mixed Media: 1st place, Peyton Turner – 2nd place, Jackson Mulkey – 3rd place, Jake Atchley – 4th place, Rachel Snyder
Sculpture: 1st place, Rachel Snyder – 2nd place, Rachel Snyder – 3rd place, Emily LaCount – 4th place, Hadley Kirsche
End of School Bash – Tomorrow!
The end is in sight for school year 2016-2017! To celebrate a great year together at Westminster Christian Academy, our annual End of School Year Bash is being held tomorrow night!
What? WCA’s fun-filled, family focused, End of School Year Bash 2017
When? Thursday, May 11th – 5:30 until 7:30 pm
Where? WCA Field House Porch and Lawn
Need to Know:
- School is providing Chicken and Drinks
- Lower School Families are asked to bring a side dish
- Upper School Families are asked to bring a dessert
- Bring your favorite lawn chair and blankets for a picnic style dinner with your WCA family.
Look forward to seeing you there!
WCA Baseball Lions Play in the State Final this Friday
WCA Baseball Lions will be taking on Peachtree Academy this Friday for the GICAA state championship! The first two games of the three game series will be held at 4 pm and 6 pm at Georgia State, Newton Campus in Covington. (address: 239 Cedar Lane, Covington, GA 30014) Game three is planned for Saturday.
Take a short drive, enjoy an afternoon outdoors and help cheer on our Lions to a state championship!
An Invitation to “Dress Nicely” for MS Academic Awards Day
Academic Awards Day for WCA middle school students will be held on Thursday, May 11th beginning at 8 am in the upper school gymnasium. Parents of students receiving awards have already received invitations via email.
In observation of this occasion, all middle school students are invited to dress nicely for honors day. Girls may wear dresses that meet the casual Friday guidelines and guys may wear khakis and a nice shirt but it does not have to be a solid polo. (Please know that this is NOT a casual day. Athletic attire is not appropriate.) If you have any questions, please contact Tollie Ediger, email@example.com.
WCA Senior David Lanclos Receives Rotary Award
Westminster senior, David Lanclos, was chosen as Rotary student of the semester. Each semester, the Rotary Club of Oconee County honors one senior student per high school in the county. Students are chosen by the faculty at their school based on academic achievement and personal character. David selected Mr. Josh Roberts, Latin Teacher, as his teacher of the semester. Congratulations David!
An invitation to honor one of our own.
Please make plans to join us as we honor Mrs. Jackie Booth upon her retirement next Wednesday, May 17th at 8 am in the upper school gymnasium. We will have a brief ceremony to honor Mrs. Booth followed by a reception by our parents to show their appreciation.
Jackie is a beloved part of Westminster and it is an privilege to have this time to celebrate her. She has faithfully served at WCA since 1998 and demonstrated great loyalty and leadership over the last 18 years. Throughout her tenure she has impacted the lives of countless students and parents. Her presence on our campus will be greatly missed.
We hope to see you for this special occasion!
2017 WCA Graduation Ceremonies
The Class of 2017 will move their tassels from one side to the other on Friday evening, May 19th. Westminster Christian Academy’s graduation ceremonies will begin at 7 pm at Grace Fellowship Church in Watkinsville. Following graduation, graduates and guests will be honored by a reception hosted by the current junior class and their families.
Please make plans to joins us as these students and parents celebrate this milestone in their lives.
High School Honors Night
WCA’s High School Honors Night will be held on Monday, May 15th beginning at 6:30 pm. National Honors Society and Beta Club inductions will be held as a part of the program. All students being honored will receive their invitations by the end of this week.
Summer Camps WCA Style
Whether you have a budding artist or athlete or both, we have a camp for you!
For more details and registration information, please follow the link below. As more plans are finalized, we’ll let you know and update this website page.
Here is the schedule to date for WCA Summer Camps 2017:
|Art||July 17 – 21|
|Rising 2nd and 3rd graders: 10 am – 12 pm, cost $115|
|July 24 – 28|
|Rising 4th – 6th graders: 9 am – 12 pm, cost $125|
|Baseball||June 7 – 9|
|Rising 3rd – 7th grade boys: 9:30 am – 12 pm, cost $75|
|Basketball||May 30 – June 1|
|MS/HS Girls: 1 – 3 pm, cost $50|
|MS/HS Boys: 3 – 5 pm, cost $50|
|June 26 – 29|
|LS Girls & Boys: 9 am – 12 pm, cost $100|
|Rising PreK – 6th Grade: 9 am – 3 pm, cost $60 (includes lunch & t-shirt)|
|Robotics||June 26 – 30|
|Rising 5th – 9th Grade: 12:30 pm – 3:30 pm, cost $50|
|Soccer||June 19 – 20|
|Lower School Girls & Boys: 8:30 am – 12 pm, cost $40|
|July 11 – 13|
|HS Boys (rising 9th – 12th): 3 – 5 pm, cost $50|
|Swimming||July 17 – 20|
|MS & HS boys & girls swimmers – more details to come|
As the body of Christ, we have the privilege of praying for each other. If you have a prayer request that you would like to have included here, please contact Tami Butts, firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are members of our community in need of our faithful prayer support. Some of these families have set up blogs that you can follow to keep up to date, others we will do our best to update you here. In each of these families there is much to pray for and much for which to be thankful.
- Please pray for the Thaxton family as Hollie’s mom passed away recently. Please pray for Holly’s father and Travis, Allie (2nd) and Fletcher (8th) during this time.
- Anderson Krieger is back in the hospital this week with complications from his therapy. Ulcers are making it difficult for him to eat and keep his nutrition and weight where they need to be. He will hopefully be back home later this week. They have postponed his next, intense round of treatments for a week so that his body can have a chance to heal. Please continue to pray for his body to receive the treatments and associated medicines without these complications and for his desire and ability to eat. Also, please lift up Sally (1st grade teacher), Jon and Ian (10th) for strength, peace and provision. You may keep up to date with immediate prayer needs by following Sally on social media. If you have questions, please contact Julie Tomlin, email@example.com.
- Please be in prayer for WCA Art Teacher, Jackie Kirsche, as she is undergoing treatment for slow metastatic growth in lymph nodes, pelvis, abdomen and chest. Thank you for keeping Jackie and her family, husband Kevin, children Berkley, Sierra and Hadley (11th) before the Father.
- For updates and specific prayer requests for the Needham family (Linley 6th), please read Susanna Needham’s blog to follow their families journey as 3 yr. old, Beck, is undergoing treatment for leukemia. For questions, or to address immediate needs, please contact Julie Tomlin (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Please be in prayer for Brent Weatherly and his family. He has started a blog where you can follow his journey and receive specific prayer requests. http://dbw26.wordpress.com.
Thank you for lifting up these members of our WCA family.