Calendar Highlights & Mark Your Calendars
|4/26-27||Testing Grades 2 – 5|
|4/27||Spring Concert – 6:30 pm at WCA|
|5/1||Spanish Honor Society Induction|
|5/4||GICAA Fine Arts Competition, Regional|
|5/5||8th Grade Capstone Presentations|
|5/9||GICAA Fine Arts Competition, State|
|5/11||MS Academic Awards Day – 8 am, US Gym|
|5/15||HS Honors Night – 6:30 pm|
|5/17||1st Grade Field Trip to Sandy Creek|
|5/18||Senior Celebration Day|
|5/19||Graduation – 7 pm|
|Graduation Practice 11th & 12th Grades – 1:45 – 2:45 pm|
|PreK & K Field Trip to Washington Farms|
|5/22-23||Upper School Exams – Upper School Only Early Dismissal at 11:15 am|
|5/24||Upper School Exams|
|Last Day of School – All School Early Dismissal at 9:30 am|
Please note this is not an all-inclusive school calendar. Always check the Google Calendar for additional events, updates and detailed information.
Athletic Calendar Highlights
April 26th – 29th
|4/28||MS Soccer HOME vs. St. Joseph’s|
|Girls – 4:30 pm|
|Boys – 5:30 pm|
|4/29||GICAA Varsity State Soccer Tournament, First Round HOME|
|Girls vs. Lafayette – 4:00 pm|
|Boys vs. Harvester – 5:30 pm|
Please note this is not an all-inclusive athletic calendar. Always check the Google Calendar for additional events, updates and detailed information.
WCA Robotics Team Wins Runner Up at State Competition
WCA’s Middle School Robotics team closed out their inaugural season by finishing runner-ups in GICAA state competition last Saturday! Team members work in groups of 3-4 to build and program robots using Legos. They have to design their robots to complete tasks such as moving objects and even flipping a flag. The team is sponsored by Sandra Stowe, Media Specialist. Congratulations to all team members and Mrs. Stowe!
Spring Music Concert
WCA students will be presenting their Spring Music Concert this week on Thursday, April 27th. The concert will be held in the upper school gymnasium beginning at 6:30 pm. This will be a wonderful opportunity to hear the vocal talents of our students. Choral selections will be performed by each of the lower school classes and the concert will include performances by upper school ensemble groups.
If you have any questions, please contact music teacher Carly Hauntsman, email@example.com.
GICAA State Varsity Soccer Tournament
Round one games held at WCA this Saturday
This Saturday, April 29th, Round One of the GICAA state varsity soccer tournament will be held at WCA. The schedule is as follows:
Varsity Girls vs. Lafayette Christian – 4:00 pm
Varsity Boys vs. Harvester Christian – 5:30 pm
With wins on Saturday, our varsity teams will advance to the second round games that will be held on Tuesday (location/time determined by results). So, make your plans to come out and support our student athletes and help maximize our home field advantage!
MS Academic Awards Day
Academic Awards Day for WCA middle school students will be held on Thursday, May 11th beginning at 8 am in the upper school gymnasium. Parents of students receiving awards will receive invitations via email by the end of the week ending May 5th.
Questions? Please contact Tollie Ediger, firstname.lastname@example.org.
National Honor Society & Beta Club Inductions
National Honors Society and Beta Club inductions will be held as a part of the high school honors night on May 15th. Honors night program begins at 6:30 pm in the upper school gymnasium. Inductees will receive their invitations by the end of week ending May 5th.
End of School Bash
The end is in sight for school year 2016-2017! To celebrate a great year together at Westminster Christian Academy, our annual End of School Year Bash is coming up soon.
What? WCA’s fun-filled, family focused, End of School Year Bash 2017
When? Thursday, May 11th – 5:30 until 7:30 pm
Where? WCA Field House Porch and Lawn
Need to Know:
- School is providing Chicken and Drinks
- Lower School Families are asked to bring a side dish
- Upper School Families are asked to bring a dessert
- Bring your favorite lawn chair and blankets for a picnic style dinner with your WCA family.
Look forward to seeing you there!
Summer Camps WCA Style
Whether you have a budding artist or athlete or both, we have a camp for you!
For more details and registration information, please follow the link below. Please know registration forms are now available for Art and Baseball Camps. As more plans are finalized, we’ll let you know and update this website page.
Here is the schedule to date for WCA Summer Camps 2017:
|Art||July 17 – 21|
|Rising 2nd and 3rd graders: 10 am – 12 pm, cost $115|
|July 24 – 28|
|Rising 4th – 6th graders: 9 am – 12 pm, cost $125|
|Baseball||June 7 – 9|
|Rising 3rd – 7th grade boys: 9:30 am – 12 pm, cost $75|
|Basketball||May 30 – June 1|
|MS/HS Girls: 1 – 3 pm, cost $50|
|MS/HS Boys: 3 – 5 pm, cost $50|
|June 26 – 29|
|LS Girls & Boys: 9 am – 12 pm, cost $100|
|Rising PreK – 6th Grade: 9 am – 3 pm, cost $60 (includes lunch & t-shirt)|
|Soccer||June 19 – 20|
|Lower School Girls & Boys: 8:30 am – 12 pm, cost $40|
|July 11 – 13|
|HS Boys (rising 9th – 12th): 3 – 5 pm, cost $50|
|Swimming||July 17 – 20|
|MS & HS boys & girls swimmers – more details to come|
As the body of Christ, we have the privilege of praying for each other. If you have a prayer request that you would like to have included here, please contact Tami Butts, email@example.com.
There are members of our community in need of our faithful prayer support. Some of these families have set up blogs that you can follow to keep up to date, others we will do our best to update you here. In each of these families there is much to pray for and much for which to be thankful.
- Anderson Krieger is enjoying a few days at home before going back to the hospital next week to continue his treatment protocol. He has a rigorous round of therapy beginning in the next few weeks that will require further hospitalization. Please continue to pray for his body to receive the treatments and associated medicines without complications and for strength, peace and provision for Sally (1st grade teacher), Jon and Ian (10th). You may keep up to date with immediate prayer needs by following Sally on social media. If you have questions, please contact Julie Tomlin, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please be in prayer for WCA Art Teacher, Jackie Kirsche, as she is undergoing treatment for slow metastatic growth in lymph nodes, pelvis, abdomen and chest. Thank you for keeping Jackie and her family, husband Kevin, children Berkley, Sierra and Hadley (11th) before the Father.
- For updates and specific prayer requests for the Needham family (Linley 6th), please read Susanna Needham’s blog to follow their families journey as 3 yr. old, Beck, is undergoing treatment for leukemia. For questions, or to address immediate needs, please contact Julie Tomlin (email@example.com).
- Please be in prayer for Brent Weatherly and his family. He has started a blog where you can follow his journey and receive specific prayer requests. http://dbw26.wordpress.com.
Thank you for lifting up these members of our WCA family.