Calendar Highlights & Mark Your Calendars
|4/20||Senior Recognition Night – Baseball|
|4/21||Field Day – All School Early Release at Noon|
|High School Spring Formal|
|4/24-27||Testing Grades 1 through 7|
|4/27||Spring Concert – 6:30 pm at WCA|
|5/1||Spanish Honor Society Induction|
|5/5||8th Grade Capstone Presentations|
|5/11||Middle School Academic Awards Day – 8 am, US Gym|
|5/15||HS Honors Night – 6:30 pm|
|5/17||1st Grade Field Trip to Sandy Creek|
|5/18||Senior Celebration Day|
|5/19||Graduation – 7 pm|
|Graduation Practice 11th & 12th Grades – 1:45 – 2:45 pm|
|PreK & K Field Trip to Washington Farms|
|5/22-23||Upper School Exams – Upper School Only Early Dismissal at 11:15 am|
|5/24||Upper School Exams|
|Last Day of School – All School Early Dismissal at 9:30 am|
Please note this is not an all-inclusive school calendar. Always check the Google Calendar for additional events, updates and detailed information.
Athletic Calendar Highlights
April 19th – 28th
|4/19||Varsity Boys Soccer AWAY vs. HALO – 3 pm|
|4/20||Baseball HOME vs. Notre Dame – 4:30 pm – Senior Night|
|MS Soccer AWAY vs. St. Joseph’s|
|Girls – 4:30 pm|
|Boys – 5:30 pm|
|4/21||Baseball AWAY vs. Peachtree Academy – 6 pm|
|4/24||Baseball HOME vs. Nathaneal Greene – 4:30 pm|
|4/25||Varsity Soccer AWAY vs. Lanier|
|Girls – 4:30 pm|
|Boys – 6 pm|
|4/28||MS Soccer HOME vs. St. Joseph’s|
|Girls – 4:30 pm|
|Boys – 5:30 pm|
Please note this is not an all-inclusive athletic calendar. Always check the Google Calendar for additional events, updates and detailed information.
Field Day 2017 – this Friday, April 21st
Early Dismissal for ALL students at Noon
This end-of-the-school-year rite of passage has arrived! WCA’s Field Day 2017 is this Friday, April 21st. Here’s what you need to know about this day of fun in the sun:
- The student body will be divided into multi-age teams lead by a member of WCA’s Class of 2017.
- The winning team will receive a full week of casual dress.
- Team t-shirts will be distributed to all students on Thursday, April 20th.
- Attire: Team t-shirts should be worn with jeans or shorts. No tanks tops or spaghetti straps. Girls, no soffe type shorts permitted.
- All students are released to go home at noon.
There are still spots available for volunteers so if you’d like to help, please contact Elizabeth Clement at email@example.com or 210.464.0208.
It’s time to test.
Standardized Testing Next Week for Grades 1 – 7
It’s that time of year! WCA students in grades 1st – 7th will be taking ERB/CTP4 standardized tests next week, April 24 – 17. During these testing days it will be very important that students are well rested, well fed and in their classrooms by 8 am ready to begin. All students will need to have a #2 pencil for testing and students in grades 6th and 7th may bring a 4-function calculator with a square root function.
Parents will receive an email with additional details about testing week from Keyla Carson, Director of Academic Support. If you have questions, please speak with your child’s teacher or contact Keyla at firstname.lastname@example.org.
OrderLunches.Com for May Lunch Orders
For the last time this school year, you may place orders through Monday, April 24th at midnight, for May lunch deliveries!
As always, to place an order, please go to OrderLunches.com and log in to your account. If you have not placed an order before, you will need to create an account. After clicking the “register” link, enter the school code WCA319 and follow the prompts to complete your registration. You will need to complete a profile for each student designating them as either upper school or lower school to ensure that you have access to the correct menu items.
Questions? Please contact Tami Butts, email@example.com or706-769-9372, ext115.
Spring Music Concert
WCA students will be presenting their Spring Music Concert on Thursday, April 27th. The concert will be held in the upper school gymnasium beginning at 6:30 pm. This will be a wonderful opportunity to hear the vocal talents of our students. Choral selections will be performed by each of the lower school classes and the concert will include performances by upper school ensemble groups.
If you have any questions, please contact music teacher Carly Hauntsman, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer Camps WCA Style
The “lazy” days of summer are getting closer and to help avoid mental and physical atrophy, WCA will be offering several summer camp opportunities for your student(s)!
Whether you have a budding artist or athlete or both, we have a camp for you! Here is the schedule to date for WCA Summer Camps 2017:
|Art||July 17 – 21|
|Rising 2nd and 3rd graders: 10 am – 12 pm|
|July 24 – 28|
|Rising 4th – 6th graders: 9 am – 12 pm|
|Baseball||June 7 – 9|
|Rising 3rd – 7th grade boys: 9:30 am – 12 pm|
|Basketball||May 30 – June 1|
|MS/HS Girls: 1 – 3 pm|
|MS/HS Boys: 3 – 5 pm|
|June 26 – 29|
|LS Girls & Boys: 9 am – 12 pm|
|Rising PreK – 6th Grade: 9 am – 3 pm|
|Cost: $60 (includes lunch & t-shirt)|
|Soccer||June 19 – 20|
|Lower School Girls & Boys: 8:30 am – 12 pm|
|July 11 – 13|
|HS Boys (rising 9th – 12th): 3 – 5 pm|
|Swimming||July 17 – 20|
|MS & HS boys & girls swimmers – more details to come|
For more details and registration information, please follow the link below. As more camp plans are finalized, we’ll let you know and update this website page.
As the body of Christ, we have the privilege of praying for each other. If you have a prayer request that you would like to have included here, please contact Tami Butts, email@example.com.
There are members of our community in need of our faithful prayer support. Some of these families have set up blogs that you can follow to keep up to date, others we will do our best to update you here. In each of these families there is much to pray for and much for which to be thankful.
- Anderson Krieger is blessedly now based from home for his next stages of treatment. He will have to be in the hospital for some of his treatment protocol but the family is delighted that they are able to have days at home together. Please pray for his body to receive the treatments and associated medicines without complications and for strength, peace and provision for Sally (1st grade teacher), Jon and Ian (10th). You may keep up to date with immediate prayer needs by following Sally on social media. If you have questions, please contact Julie Tomlin, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please be in prayer for WCA Art Teacher, Jackie Kirsche, as she is undergoing treatment for slow metastatic growth in lymph nodes, pelvis, abdomen and chest. Thank you for keeping Jackie and her family, husband Kevin, children Berkley, Sierra and Hadley (11th) before the Father.
- For updates and specific prayer requests for the Needham family (Linley 6th), please read Susanna Needham’s blog to follow their families journey as 3 yr. old, Beck, is undergoing treatment for leukemia. For questions, or to address immediate needs, please contact Julie Tomlin (email@example.com).
- Please be in prayer for Brent Weatherly and his family. He has started a blog where you can follow his journey and receive specific prayer requests. http://dbw26.wordpress.com.
Thank you for lifting up these members of our WCA family.