Save the Dates
|8/9||First Day of School – Half Day
Please note this is not an all-inclusive school calendar. Always check the Google Calendar for additional events, updates and detailed information.
Summer Renovations at WCA
While the students are away, lots of work is getting done in preparation for another great year at WCA. Enjoy these images of the renovations underway on our campus. You can keep up with the progress by following Westminster on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
Save the Date – WCA Open House Monday, August 8th
Don’t worry, it’s still a few weeks away, but please put it on your calendar so that you don’t miss our back to school open house on Monday, August 8th. This will be a time to get student schedules, meet the teachers, buy spiritwear and PE uniforms and much more! Additional details will be forwarded to you in the coming weeks.
WCA Summer Reading
Headed to the beach? the pool? that long road trip? Don’t forget to pack your child(s) summer reading. Please follow this link to the “Forms & Lists” tab on the website to find the information you need for student(s) summer reading assignments and enjoy the reading adventures!
Back to School Supply Lists
Whenever you are ready to think about it, the information for back to school shopping lists may be found here on the “Forms & Lists” tab on the website. Supply lists are organized by grade for your convenience.
Dressed for Success – WCA Uniforms for 2016-2017
Updated Uniform Guidelines
The updated WCA dress code for students has been published and may be found by following this link. Please take time to review the dress code so that you and your sudent(s) will be prepared for your shopping trips and the new school year.
Land’s End Logoed Items
Land’s End will be offering free logo addition to clothing items July 11th – 18th. Visit the Lands End website and click on the “School” tab on the home page, then”Find My School”. Enter either the school name and city or the Westminster school code, 900052127, to reach the approved uniform items for your child(ren).
Spirit Wear and PE Uniforms
This year, spirit wear items and PE uniforms will be available for purchase during our back to school open house on August 8th.
Love at First Spike – Middle School Volleyball Camp
WCA’s fourth annual volleyball camp, will be held at Westminster July 18th – 20th, 2 – 4 pm. This camp will be expertly coached by Laura Scott Tomlin, WCA graduate and former NCAA right side hitter for Covenant College. If you are a middle school girl, (rising 5th – 8th grade) and have never touched a volleyball or want to continue improving your game, this camp is for you! Please see the camp flyer and registration for additional details and registration information.
Summer Sports Training
Weighlifting and Basketball
There will be open gym hours this summer for weightlifting and basketball for rising 8th – 12th graders as follows:
- Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
- Weightlifting, 9:15 am – 10:30 am – field house weight room
- Basketball, 10:30 – 11:45 am – upper school gym
Varsity and JV: Beginning July 12th, (previously listed as July 5th) Coach Leah Holloway will be holding open gym times for all girls, grades 7-12, who are interested in playing Varsity or JV Volleyball this fall. Pre-Season practice begins August 1st. You can find the schedule here and on the school calendar.
Middle School: Any girls, grades 6 – 8, who are interested in playing on the Middle School Volleyball team this year are invited to attend the last hour of the July open gyms from 11 am to 12 pm. (please see schedule link above for dates)
- Tuesdays – 6:30 – 7:30 pm, Spec Towns Track at UGA
- Thursdays – 6:30 – 7:30 pm, Georgia Botanical Gardens, meet at the parking lot near the Day Chapel
These are flexible practice runs to allow new runners to get stronger and acclimate to the heat while older runners can keep fit and start working toward their season goals early. If your child is just curious about cross country or is considering it just to stay in shape for their other sports, please encourage them to come run with us. If your child is new to Westminster this is a great way to get introduced to our school community. Nearly 1/3 of the middle and high school students run cross country together!
- Girls – Monday evenings, 7 pm – 8:30 pm
- Boys – Thursday evenings, 7 pm – 8:30 pm
- Westminster student Hodge Rivers (rising K) was diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma this spring. Please pray for Hodge and his parents, Todd and Jennifer, for peace, wisdom and protection. You can follow Hodge’s journey at his caring bridge site, caringbridge.org/hodgerivers. If you have questions regarding meals for the Rivers family, please contact Christina Brannan, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please be in prayer for Brent Weatherly and his family. He has started a blog where you can follow his journey and receive specific prayer requests. http://dbw26.wordpress.com.
- Thank you for your continued prayers for Hannie Lanclos and her family. You can get updates and prayer requests by visiting Amy’s blog at caringbridge.org.